“Gem not to be missed!!”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Fernley
St. George, Utah, Usa
“Gem not to be missed!!”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

The Best Western in Fernley, Nevada is just a short 30 minute drive east of Reno and well worth the extra time. Located just off the freeway, it is across the street from Wal-Mart and fast food facilities. The hotel is quiet and well maintained although it does show signs of aging. The rooms are clean and well maintained with comfortable beds, good Wi-Fi and plenty of TV channels for entertainment. The best surprise of all was the wonderful hot, full breakfast which provided many choices. All in all, we're happy we found this little gem and don't ever plan to stay in Reno again, opting to drive the extra distance to Fernley. Don't miss this Best Western which is definitely a bargain in all aspects!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lisa k, General Manager at Best Western Fernley Inn, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Jerry S.:

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Fernley Inn. We appreciate your business. We are glad to hear that you were happy with your stay.

We hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you for your business.

Lisa Ketner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Ketchum
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We've stayed at this hotel before when we still had our dog and thought it was clean and well located, so we stayed here again. The room was clean and somewhat quiet but the shower was impossible for me to turn on. I am not weak or old, but had to ask my husband to turn on the water. They have upgraded but the shower was hard to turn on, hard to adjust the shower head, and the shower was pointed at the wall and we could not adjust it to spray on our bodies, it sprayed the top of my head and the shower wall. My husband showered first, about his normal 10 minute shower, and then I got in and after about 5 minutes ran out of hot water. This was at 5:00 in the morning and the hotel was not full, so I don't understand how that happened. We left before breakfast. I don't think we'll be back.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Lisa k, General Manager at Best Western Fernley Inn, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Ketchum:

I would like to thank you for staying with the Best Western Fernley Inn. We appreciate your business.

I would like to apologize for the problems you had with the shower. I hope that you reported it to the staff so that we can get the problem fixed. I tried to locate what room you where in but I don't show any thing under Ketchum.

Menlo Park, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We always stop here for the night before heading towards Boise. We like the room(s), which are roomy, and we love the breakfast - gets us going in the AM. Close to a Starbucks, gas stations and other amenities. It is right off Interstate 80 so that is nice to...

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lisa k, General Manager at Best Western Fernley Inn, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Robin P.:

Thank you for staying with the Best Western Fernley Inn. We appreciate your continued patronage.

Please let us know if there is any thing that we can do for you. We look forward to seeeing you the next time you pass through on your way to Boise.

South Jersey
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Convenient location on trip in Nevada. Quiet room. Felt safe. No big problems aside from a sink that wouldn't drain very well. Internet worked great. Simple in and out for check in and out. Would stay again. Had workers who were staying there, but atmosphere and environment was nice.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lisa k, General Manager at Best Western Fernley Inn, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Karna T:

Thank you for your recent comments about the Best Western Fernley Inn. We appreciate your business.

I apologize about your sink running slow. I will have the maintenance staff check that out as soon as possible and thank you for letting us know.

We hope to see you on your next visit through the Fernley area.

Cedarville, CA, United States
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The head housekeeper is making the rules. The Manager is MIA. My family was thrown out by the head housekeeper because I was 30 minutes late from a meeting in Reno. These meetings are how I make my business work, which is how I pay for Motels. I am a Platinum member, supposed to be entitled to late checkouts. Moreover, other rooms were later and HHK told them that was fine (while my family was standing in the parking lot). The maid was working elsewhere the whole 30 minutes, anyway. Where was the Manager?

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lisa k, General Manager at Best Western Fernley Inn, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear William P:

First of all thank you for staying with the Best Western Fernley Inn. As we discussed, on the telephone, when you called down to the front desk before you went to Reno. You asked for a late check out and we told you that we could not accommodate the late check out. You chose to ignore the fact that we could not do the late check out due to the housekeepers having a small amount of rooms to do. Your family was also told that they could come to the lobby or breakfast room and wait for you. Your wife stated that the kids wanted to play outside.

Also, I was not MIA. I was in my office and all you had to do was ask for me. Again, I am apologizing that you felt the Head Housekeeper was rude. She was just doing her job.

Boulder City, Nv
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The crew and I were headed up to Alturas and had to stay in Fernley up and back so we stayed at the Best Western Fernley inn. This is not our first time here as it is our only choice in town we always stay here. The rooms are clean and comfortable the staff is really great. The breakfast is so so as are most motel breakfasts. Has a nice indoor pool that was pretty crowded with young kids both times so I skipped it as it was quite loud in there. The internet is probably the only problem I had as it dropped out several times each time I used it and was quite slow. Would I stay here again? You bet ya in fact I would stay here on my own dime if I had to stay in the area.
Not many places to eat in walking distance but it is only a couple of blocks from I-80 and across the street from a super Wal-Mart.

Room Tip: Stay on the east side rooms in summer as the west side is really hot in the afternoon
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Lisa k, General Manager at Best Western Fernley Inn, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear BCRON:

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Fernley Inn. We appreciate your business and we thank you for staying with us when you are in the Fernley area. We are in the process of upgrading the internet at the current time. This should not be an issue the next time you stay with us.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Colorado
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Don't arrive tired and cranky and expect the night gal to put you in a quite room and get your BW rewards right. If you don't have an official print out she won't honor it. Then she will put loud little brats over your head when you want to sleep in.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Geol_Cruiser
Dear Geol_Cruiser:

First of all thank you for staying with the Best Western Fernley Inn. When you are using travel cards we must have the appropriate documentation in order to process them. We have to input the numbers in order to get reimbursed from Best Western.

I am sure night clerk did not put people with children above you on purpose. The majority of our rooms with two queen beds are on the top floor. We would have been happy to put you on the top floor so you wouldn't have had any one above you. Sorry for the inconvience.

Sincerely:

Lisa Ketner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fernley
Comfort Suites
Comfort Inn Near Fallon Naval Air Station
Super 8 Fallon
Super 8 Fallon
#5 of 8 in Fallon

Been to Best Western Fernley Inn? Share your experiences!