“My daughters had a great experience!”

Sheridan Creek Equestrian Center
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a horse boarding facility that offers custom trail rides in the mountains and around our ranch. Rides are $40/person/hour and start at age 4. We do have pony rides for younger riders which are $10 for 20 minutes.
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 140 helpful votes
“My daughters had a great experience!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My family and I were recently visiting Lake Tahoe, and my 13 year old girls wanted to try horseback riding. There are several choices in the Tahoe area, but then I came across the Sheridan Creek Equestrian Center through a Travelzoo deal. It advertised a one hour ride, for 2 people for $39. An excellent price!

I checked out their website and it does indeed clarify on there that the Travelzoo deal is good for a "ranch ride", which is essentially an hour long ride around their huge (100 acre?) pasture. Since my girls had never ridden a horse previously this was actually perfect for them. A nice way for them to become familiar with a horse, and have the experience of riding one in a fairly controlled setting, without the worry of them off on a mountainous trail ride.

I sent an email to the company through their website, and received a phone call from them within 24 hours to set up a reservation time. It was quick and easy.

When we arrived at the ranch, the gate was closed but there is a code clearly posted to gain entry into the area. We were met by Becca (I think that was her name) who was there working in the barn. We showed up for our reservation about 15 minutes early, but she was happy to get us started. After signing a brief waiver, the girls rode Chief and Gunther (sp?) and they loved it. Helmets were provided for their safety. It was a hot day, and my girls were wearing shorts from an activity earlier in the day. I had packed them jeans for the ride but accidentally left them at home. I was worried they wouldn't be able to ride in shorts, but Becca said it was okay.

The town of Gardnerville, NV is a nice place, and only about a 35 minute drive from where we'd been staying in South Lake Tahoe. It's a great place to go for beginners to take the ranch ride or for more experienced riders to sign up for the trail ride.

Visited July 2014
4 Thank BethanneU4

Carson City, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A fun time!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My husband and I were able to enjoy a picturesque ride through the property of Sheridan Creek Equestrian Center yesterday. Rachel was our guide and made us feel comfortable and safe as we rode, pointing out sights on the grounds and telling us facts about our mounts. The horses were picked for our expertise, which was beginner. I would recommend this facility to families and I personally plan to go and ride again! Thank you for a fun adventure!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank lva1021
Fremont, California
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Horse Riding”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Wonderful location for trail riding on a ranch surrounded by picturesque mountains. Not too far from Lake Tahoe and a great outing for adults and children alike. You must make reservation for time slot so that someone is available. The lady was friendly and helpful.However they shortchanged us by ten minutes in one hour ride. We will definitely go again.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Tayeb M
Chico, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun Experience!”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Sheridan Creek is located on high desert with a backdrop of majestic mountains. Quite a beautiful place! I went riding twice during the week I was at Stateline---an easy 15 minute drive. I rode with Katherine and Kaitlin and both women were friendly and fun. They couldn't have been more accommodating. The horse they chose for me was responsive and easy to manage. A really nice experience. Can't wait to return.
Karen

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Karen V
“Wonderful place!”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

My family came for a trail ride here. It was a great ride, our guide was very friendly and walked along with my kids on the ride. They haven't stopped talking about it and we will be back. :-) also not sure about the other reviews but I had no issues getting someone on the phone.

Visited September 2013