“Authentic Basque cuisine in a friendly atmosphere!”

Overland Restaurant & Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
Overland Restaurant & Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 53 Restaurants in Gardnerville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Santa Rosa, California
“Authentic Basque cuisine in a friendly atmosphere!”
Reviewed 22 March 2013

I am Spanish and very fond of Basque food! Mrs. Elvira, the owner is a wonderful lady and we even changed our travel plans to be able to have dinner at her restaurant. The food was amazing, really authentic, tasty and in extremely generous portions! Do not miss this family-style Basque experience!! :)

Visited March 2013
4 Thank Elena152024

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Basque Restaurant in Gardnerville!”
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Had a Great lunch, got some chicken soup with salad and Garbanzos. Lamb Steak with garlic, fries and Ice cream and coffee. You bet I'll come back for more! :D

Gardnerville, Nevada
“Authentic, but pedestrian”
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Tile floor and plastic tablecloths don't help the customers feel a "fine dining" experience. More like a Basque Denny's.

Visited March 2012
Novato, California
“The Worst Restaurant Ever!”
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I don't know why they call this a Basque Restaurant. We stopped for lunch. Very limited menu. My husband had the friend chicken. When it arrived, he took one bite and said it tasted "funny". After checking it out further, it smelled like the chicken was old and smelled really bad. I ordered the shrimp salad. It was horrible. The shrimp was dried up. The asparagus was canned and had a very bitter taste. The hard boiled eggs looked old and had a funny taste. The only good part was the olives! I could not eat it and my husband could not eat his lunch either. I would never set foot in that place again. When the owner asked me how my salad was, I told him it was not good and he did not say a word about it. It is also over priced. STAY AWAY!

• Visited June 2012
previse
“Maybe we’d built our hopes up too much.”
Reviewed 27 August 2011

My Wife and I have had some really great meals at Basque restaurants in California and Nevada. Unfortunately we don’t love near any of them. The nearest is in Gardnerville, a two-hour drive, so we drove up there to give the Overland Hotel a try. Maybe we’d built our hopes up too much.

We had a seem-traditional Basque meal. Since the stew had garbanzo beans in it, that was probably also the bean course. The entrée was served with a few potatoes on the plate, which would have accounted for the potato course. Portion sizes were adequate; typical of a regular restaurant. The salad was excellent and everything else was fine except for my Wife’s halibut, which had been cooked to death. It had been turned into a hard, dry chunk of something tasting vaguely fishy.

Service was excellent and everything except the fish was at least ok, but based on the less-than-abundant portion sizes and the terrible fish, I can’t rate the restaurant higher than a three and don’t plan to return.

• Visited August 2011