We just returned from a weekend at David Walley's in Genoa. I had read many of the comments and some of them weren't good at all. I will admit this did concern me but I decided to keep an open mind and hope for the best. Everything was fantastic! David Walley's is under new management and they are doing a wonderful job at getting the resort to a high class level. We were always greeted by friendly staff, our 2 bedroom/2 bath condo was so nice and really large, and even the timeshare presentation went smoothly. It wasn't a hard sale and we were done in 75 minutes which is almost a record! We went with another couple and their 5 year old son and we have a four year old son. We were very happy to see this resort really caters to families. Everybody had a wonderful time! Our room was perfect with a large kitchen, dining room, living room and both bedrooms were big with king size beds. Our kitchen didn't have granite like the model we saw with the timeshare presentation, but it was still really nice. We were on the 3rd floor and had a huge balcony with comfy chairs to enjoy the view. The decorations were beautiful and the master bathroom had a HUGE sunk-in jetted tub! The only thing that was a bummer was the beds were pretty firm. We like softer beds so it took us a while to get comfortable. I could see how a family could easily stay here for an extended weekend or a week and be completely comfortable. The nice thing about Genoa is you can stay at David Walley's and be centralized to other areas. This resort can be your jumping off point to Reno, Carson City, Lake Tahoe and even Eldorado County wineries. Genoa is such a beautiful area with lush green fields, trees, and beautiful mountains.
We ate at the on site restaurant for dinner as we had a $50 coupon for food. We did have to wait a really long time to be seated which was rough on our little ones. We made reservations for 8:30 p.m. as that was their very last reservation time slot available. When we arrived we were told it was going to be another 20 minutes but it ended up being 80 minutes before we sat down. So that put us at 9:40 p.m. before we even sat down. I guess that night all the guests were really chatty and didn't want to give up their tables. The restaurant bent over backwards for us and even comped a lot of our meal because we had to wait so long. We had a fantastic waiter who took great care of us. And of course the food was amazing! We actually had rattle snake, python and wild bore. That was quite the experience. There are high priced items on the menu but you can also get by pretty reasonably if you watch what you are ordering. All in all it was a fantastic experience even if we didn't eat until 10:30 p.m. and our kids fell asleep before their dinners arrived.
We enjoyed the hot tubs and pool. The pool was a nice 83 degrees and the mineral tubs went from 97 to 106 degrees. The mineral pool that was 97 was heavenly...We never tried the hotter tubs as they were too hot for our kids.
David Walley's is under new management and they have a great plan in place about the upgrades they will be making to the resort over the next few years. The timeshare presentation was actually quite informative and being timeshare owners already we are definitely considering purchasing into Walley's in the next few years. It's a great program with a lot of benefits.
I would highly recommend this resort to anybody!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the picturesque views of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, 1862 David Walley's Hot Springs Resort and Spa is a getaway for all ages. Come experience the legacy of David Walley’s Hot Springs and Spa for yourself. Since its conception, almost 150 years ago 1862 David Walley’s Hot Springs and Spa has offered its patrons the ultimate in relaxation and health benefits from its mineral rich waters. Relax in one of the five on-site hot spring mineral pools, or enjoy a Swedish massage at our Day Spa. And for your dining adventure you don't have to leave, with two on-site restaurants you have a vacation at one location. 1862 David Walley's Restaurant and Saloon is not only a favorite place for food but wine as well, the restaurant hosts some of the finest winemakers from virtually every region around the world. The newly remodeled restaurant keeps this quality while entertaining your palate with a variety of wild game, seafood and Wagyu Beef. For Breakfast and Lunch go next door to the newly open Harriet's Cafe. Harriet's proudly serves Starbuck's coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your 1862 David Walley's Hot Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1862 David Walley`s Hot Springs Hotel Genoa
- David Walleys Hot Springs Hotel
- 1862 David Walley's Hot Springs Resort And Spa Genoa, Nevada