“Unbelievable Sandwich”

Old Nevada Pizza
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Hawthorne
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Passing through Hawthorne on our way to Reno we stopped here based on the reviews I read. This is a small place with just a few tables. They had a lunch special with a half sandwich.We ordered a turkey and a ham sandwich. When ordering the young man asked to try it with pepperoni and all kinds of toppings so I did. When he brought the sandwich I questioned him about the size and was it a full sandwich because we only ordered the half. He laughed and said this is the half we serve it big. I do have to say this was the best sandwich I have had. (My husband agreed as well-he by the way, ate all of it) The french bread was so fresh all the toppings on it (lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, jalapenos, etc) were so fresh. There was plenty of real turkey (not processed) and cheese. Needless to say, I took the other half with me. Go to their facebook page they show pictures of their pizza and sandwiches. Unfortunate for the town this business is up for sale - hopefully who ever takes it over will continue with the food. I wish I could have tried the pizza as well. A must stop for anyone staying or passing through -this you won't regret. It is counter service to order. The sandwich was under $4 and came with a small bag of chips. Can't beat the price and especially the food.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Was in town for a one night quick stop over. We wandered into this place and were sure glad we did! Staff was very friendly and helpful, on their recommendation we had the BBQ chicken Pizza with white sauce and the veggies of their choice. Was one of the best pizza's we have ever had and we have had a lot of them. The building has character but the staff that was there on May 1, 2014 were absolutely top notch, second to none! Our only regrets are that 1) we had to leave town the next day before they opened so we could not get one to go and 2) we don't get to drive this way very often but when we do we know where we will eat! Thanks for a wonderful time.

1  Thank rjnj1996
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I really mean it--I had the best turkey sandwich of my life here. They take a loaf of french bread, add a ton or so of real turkey, veggies, a yummy sauce, jalapenos and/or pepperoncinis if you wish and the result is a huge piece of deliciousness. I ate half for lunch and the second half for dinner.

The restaurant also does pizzas--no shock given the name. Do not expect ambience--just very good food and a smile.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

I can't say enough good things about the food here! The pizza is really good but the sandwiches are amazing!! The staff is really nice and helpful about the local area.

1  Thank Laura_CO5331GJ
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

We went with a supreme pizza and it was absolutely delicious! The smell walking up to the door told me we were on to something good. I saw other Italian dishes and can't wait to come back and try them. These guys know what they are doing.