“Good option in Henderson”

Comfort Inn & Suites Henderson
Ranked #12 of 26 Hotels in Henderson
Orange County, CA
“Good option in Henderson”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I traveled out to Henderson with a group of friends for a show we were playing at a local (Henderson) venue. Originally we wanted to stay in Vegas on the strip but with a group of 9 it get's a bit pricey so we started to look closer to the venue in Henderson. It was a no brainer to choose the comfort Inn. It is new, they offer great promotional prices (30% off!!) and they are located a short walk from Sunset Station for all of your "big casino" needs like a nice casino and buffet.

The hotel itself is nice and clean. Checking in was a breeze and the front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The room is that of a typical hotel of this grade. I chose a King standard room and it was quite acceptable. The room is very spacious and has a comfortable King size bed. There is a microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker with plenty of coffee sets.

If I absolutely had to find some negatives of the room I would have to say that the a/c is a bit loud but with moderate temps outside I hardly used it. The door's to the closet and bathroom close on their own and can be a bit annoying when taking things out of the closet or wanting to air out the bathroom after a shower. (also, the bathroom door was squeaky. Nothing a little WD40 won't fix - room 330 if you're reading comfort Inn maintenance staff.)

Overall it was a good experience and you can't complain for the price. I will definitely keep the Comfort Inn in Henderson as an option when traveling out to the Vegas area. Oh, although I didn't partake in the FREE breakfast buffet, it was pretty packed when I was checking out. Free food is always a good thing!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Mn
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I'm in Vegas on business and over on the south side so on a whim I decided to stay in this hotel. What good luck for me. I had been on the road for two weeks, staying at smaller hotels and trying to stay save and free of things if you know what I mean. This hotel was by far my best choice. It's a classy place, fairly new, and they did not skim on anything. At around 5 PM they had a piano player playing in the main floor area along with free food and beer and wine. The piano player was an old original from the old days of Vegas and you could not stump him. We had a great time. Oh yeah, there was a pool, plenty of free parking, great staff, and good a price also. One of the Station H & C was right next door if you needed it. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Longmont, CO
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

We wanted to visit the Bellagio fountains and foyer exhibits but could not find a reasonably priced and well reviewed hotel in Vegas. We were very happy in this new (4 years old when we visited) Comfort Inn.

The place is nicely fitted and clean with a good breakfast included. The only down side was loud noise put out by the AC. It was caused by the cover vibrating. I fixed it by moving a chair nearby and resting a soft briefcase on the chair and the cover.

Reception was very friendly and welcoming. In the evening there was a live piano recital and happy hour in the foyer area.

There is a Costco close by and a lot of restaurants and activities.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Checked in. Went to my room. Keycard doesnt work. Go back to the front desk, and the guy behind the desk laughs at me. Re-does the cards, which when I get back to the room... DONT WORK. Funny guy then asks me if I am checking out when I go for a third time to try and get into my room...

Over the course of the two night stay I had to have my room key re-done ten or more times... this was apparently entertaining to the staff.

The walls are paper thin and the noise from other rooms and just noise in general was very loud. We were woken before six am both day by noise.

The air conditioner in our room was terrible. It was either on full cold or full heat. Not where you set it with the thermostat. On or Off. This was also a source of amusement to the front desk.

The joke is this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rob H
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I arrived at the Comfort Inn after a nearby hotel had mixed up my reservation. The Comfort Inn made me feel incredibly welcome. Though there were no frills - not even a counter at which to buy snacks - the place was clean and safe and extremely economical. As a business traveler, I paid $69 plus tax for the night.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Tucson, AZ
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We stayed here instead of staying in Las Vegas, about 15-20 minutes away. The price was great, and the service was excellent. They had a free happy hour with free wine, beer and piano music. The mattress was excellent, also! We will definitely stay here again if we are in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DesertFolk
Surprise, Arizona
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

New multistory hotel with everything new and shiny. In an area of one large casino and many shops and restaurants nearby. Large flatscreen TV but few HD channels. Thermostat on wall cannot change temp but instead just turns on the window heat/cool. A problem came with the wifi. Could not connect. Called desk and they told me to call 800 number. Tried 3 different devices (Apple) and none could connect. They proudly advertise Free Wifi. Desk staff helpful with all else. Pool with waterfall is kind of cool. Paid just under $100 including taxes for NS King. Breakfast was well done both hot and cold in a generous array and area.

• Stayed August 2013