“Unsatisfactory handling of noise problem”

Comfort Inn & Suites Henderson
Ranked #12 of 26 Hotels in Henderson
Prescott, AZ
“Unsatisfactory handling of noise problem”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

In the past, from many stays I've described this hotel as an "Oasis in the Las Vegas Area"; but this time they embarrassed greatly me in front of my friends.

My friends' room was very noisy. Next morning, we told the front desk. The email reply from the manager explained it was our fault (we had requested 'near lobby or elevator' but not said 'without excessive noise'). Worse the manager was told we were warned us of the noise; however, neither of us present at check-in heard any such warning!

To me a specific booking request is in addition to (i.e. not instead of) the normal standards of clean, quiet, comfortable. But now at Henderson, 'near' means it's OK to abandon those norms.

The hotel management response (BTW: they ignored my request to reconsider), backs the staff story 'I told them'. The letter I received from Choice Customer relations is very polite; but does not help me.

I've stayed at this hotel many times since it opened; is this a long-term slump in staff attitudes? Why should I risk it again?

Room Tip: Do NOT try to get any sleep in room #416.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Andi E, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Henderson, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Only2B,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay at our property.

I would like to again apologize for the noise issues you experienced during your stay. On your reservation(s) you had requested to be either on the first floor or near an elevator. We honor guest requests to the best of our ability and I apologize that you were not happy that we honored your request by putting you near an elevator.

Henderson, NV

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Clementon, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in lieu of the city (mostly because I have a teenager). It was close enough to the airport, the strip and Hoover dam. Rooms were clean ( though the pool could use a thorough skimming) and breakfast was decent. Would stay here if I were ever in Vegas again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank moncrief20
Dear Moncrief20,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay at our property.

We would like to thank you for staying with us in lieu of staying on The Strip. We like to think that we are the better option with our 100% non-smoking property, free full breakfast, cookies at night, and as you said, our close proximity to all of the fun activities Vegas has to offer without being in Vegas. Just as a side note: Super Shuttle is now servicing our hotel and has transportation to and from the airport for just $11 each way!! That makes us even closer to the airport.

I would like to apologize for the pool not being in tip-top shape whilst you were here but I can assure you that I have been in close contact with our pool company and we have been staying on top of it.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us here in Henderson, NV and we hope that you, and your family, had a spectacular time in our beautiful city . We hope to see you again!

Warm Regards,

Cupertino, California
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The hotel it self is actually very nice. I really enjoyed the breakfast and everyone was really nice, but I felt very uncomfortable when I walk through the lobby and witness staff getting scolded by management in the open rather than being pulled aside. I really didn't care to hear how she was talked to over luggage carts being placed wrong by guest. it was disturbing to me that when the manager walked out of the door, the two ladies at the desk were saying I don't know why she treats you so different than every one else. The young lady was the one who checked me in and I thought was a perfect example of great customer service, especially from someone so young. Other than that the hotel was nice, but I personally wouldn't return to a place where the staff is mistreated. Management probably should take a class on how to manage a property, and employees. This should be a corporate matter.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank scott m
Dear ScottM,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay at our property.

We are pleased to know that you had an overall good time while you were here as our guest.

I apologize that you felt uncomfortable while you were in the lobby when I had asked my staff to straighten the luggage carts. I am sincerely sorry that I made you feel uncomfortable. I am only human and sometimes things are said in a harsher tone than they were meant to be and I most definitely wasn't trying to 'scold' my staff I was just trying to make them aware of the luggage carts being in disarray. I apologize that you saw my less than perfect side and I would like you to know that I am trying every day to be better. Hopefully you understand that we all, unfortunately, have faults and that at times those faults are seen when we don't intend them to be.

I would hope that you would give us another opportunity to show you how great we can be.

Warm Regards from the less than perfect Manager,

Kandahar, Afghanistan
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The A/C was not working well in my first two rooms, so I was moved into another room. In that room, however, the refrigerator was not working and when I mentioned it to the desk clerk, I was asked if I had turned on the refrigerator (as if it was my responsibility, and not theirs, to make sure that the refrigerator was on or working). I was also told that many other customers had issues with the A/C's in their room and it was because it was hotter than "normal" in Henderson, though the last room's A/C worked perfectly, thus indicating to me that the other A/C units had not been properly maintained/serviced.

I have pre-paid un-refundable rooms in the same hotel for several days, so hopefully the A/C's will work well and the refrigerator will be turned on and working, and that each room will be ready for my occupancy.

Room Tip: Make sure that everything is working well by first asking the desk clerk if the room has been pre-ch...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Skemcho56
Green Valley, AZ
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This was another very nice Comfort Inn with everything we have grown to appreciate; great and helpful people, beautiful and clean room and comfortable bed. The breakfast was very good and plentiful. Only thing I would warn people to use the provided tub mat; my wife fell getting out of the shower and it made for a very uncomfortable ride the next day.

1 Thank Glenn863
San Clemente, California
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Very pleased to find this place! Happy to find a non smoking hotel in this area! Price was good Room was great! The bed was comfortable & even had fitted sheets! Would definitely stay here again. The eggs were a little disappointing but overall the breakfast was good.

1 Thank SC4ME
Ephrata, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We were in Vegas for a family wedding and had not intended to stay at this hotel but had reservations at another Comfort Inn across town. When we arrived in Vegas we realized that everyone else in the family was staying at this hotel and we wanted to be with them. The shift manager called the other Comfort Inn and got us out of our reservation there without penalty since the cancellation period had expired and she put us in a room at her hotel for a great price! That's what I call above and beyond. The hotel was very comfortable and the bed was fine. Got a good night sleep and enjoyed our stay and appreciated being with our family.

1 Thank Rick B