“Best place that I have ever stayed in Vegas”

M Resort Spa Casino
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Henderson
Riverton, Utah
“Best place that I have ever stayed in Vegas”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The entire hotel staff was great. We were only there for two nights, but the valets still tried to recognize us and call us by name. The pool is only 4 feet deep, but that was perfect for 2 toddlers that love to play in the pool.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed at the M to attend a conference in July 2014. The staff was pleasant everywhere in the hotel, except at checkout when I mentioned complaints about the shuttle service schedule and I was told, "Well, it runs hourly, how is that a problem." The shuttle schedule from the airport is not convenient and if the shuttle is full or you have a 2-hour wait, it will cost $57 to take a taxi to the M. When you leave the M to return to the hotel make sure you are outside waiting early, I make sure I was outside at 5:30 a.m. to take the 6 a.m. shuttle to the airport in time for my return flight home. The shuttle to the Strip starts a 12 noon, 2, 4, 6 and 10 p.m. and if full you will have to wait for the next shuttle or will need to pay approximately $57 to and from the Strip. The buffet was not very good and overpriced (in comparison to other hotel buffets I have experience), other restaurants were very good. If you are just staying at the M from the time you arrive until the time you leave, it is an excellent place to stay if you do not need to have transportation from the airport or go the Strip. The rooms are amazing, but they do not have a coffee maker or refrigerator if you are used to having that in your room. The bathroom has a large walk-in shower, as well as a large bathtub, and mirror TV. The bed was very comfortable. The room was very clean and fresh. I have been to Las Vegas many times and will stay on the Strip once again for convenience.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 5th overlook the room, get a higher floor for a better view on the Strip view.
1 Thank DarieM
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 3 August 2014

In July I stayed 4 days for a conference. The fragrance that some complain about doesn't mix well with the heavy smoke in the casino but in the conference area downstairs was very pleasant. The spa is lovely and affordable. The resort is clean and rooms are spotless. I actually bought a bottle of the body wash and lotion from the spa that were in the room. The food is very good especially the Deli where you get a sinful amount of delicious, well presented, affordable food. Of course you wait a long time for the buffet but its worth it. I really needed to use my complimentary gym access. The staff throughout the casino/spa were very helpful and friendly. My 1 a.m. arrival was met by a very courteous front desk person, but again like other reviewers, some people are just not suited for front desk work - almost rude. The only real problem with M resort is the complimentary shuttle which seats 14 and runs 5 times a day to/from the strip. They did add an additional bus upon request which was excellent but for conferences, extra times and/or two buses should be standard or - on demand. Without the bus a cab ride is $40 to the airport and about $45 to the strip. All in all this is a good venue for a conference because it is so far from the strip and after a few hours on the strip, I couldn't wait to get back to the peace and quiet of the M Resort.
The constant knocking noise in my room which interrupted my sleep and my roof top view are the only reasons for the rating. My room was as close as you can get to the elevator and across from the ice machine. I suspect all second floor rooms have this roof top view but I think they should be offered at a different rate - considering. Most reviews are pretty consistent but with no resort fees and the extra comps most will enjoy their stay.

Room Tip: The good news about #2-139 is that its around the corner from the elevator, as close as you can get...
Meridian, Idaho
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I did not stay at the hotel but did attend a three day convention here at the end of July, so obviously I cannot comment on the rooms. From a convention going perspective, I feel the layout for our smallish conference (less than 500 people) was very acceptable. Large conference rooms, easily accessible without hiking through some gynormous Strip casino is very appealing.

There were large, adjacent well kept bathrooms, which are a must for conference attendees who may only have 10 minutes between sessions.

The casino is relatively small and compact. The casino bar, 32 Degrees, is centrally located and offers a generous happy hour 2 for 1 deal. 32 Degrees is a favorite of the locals, and offers an outstanding selection of draft beer. Do not confuse this with the bar at Mandalay Bay where the ambient temperature is below zero, 32 Degrees is a "regular" bar.

Our conference did not provide meals; the hotel offered a limited lunch selection in the main conference room, with the typical ridiculous convention prices of $3 for a can of Diet Coke and $8 for a domestic beer, sandwich or salad. (I opted not to pay these prices.)

With respect to the conference rooms, the only amenity was water, which frequently ran out and was not replaced. (My guess is this is something negotiated by the sponsoring organization.)

My main comment about the M Resort and Casino is do NOT be deceived thinking it is close to the heart of the "Strip," because it most assuredly is not. In spite of the Las Vegas Blvd address, the M is a good 10+ miles SOUTH of Mandalay Bay. The city bus only runs as far as Southpoint, which is 2-3 miles north (not really walking distance when it's 110 degrees in the shade), so if you don't have a car, be prepared to pay some very stiff cab fares. The cabbies do not like to go to the M to pick up fares because it is so far out and when I left on a Wednesday night to return to my condo, approximately 5 miles away, I waited well over an HOUR for a cab, in spite of the valets calling for a cab at least twice. I wound up sharing a cab as far as Southpoint with another group and to say we were three "women of size" crammed into the back seat of a very small cab is an understatement (a gentleman passenger was in the front seat).

If you are a hotel guest, the M runs a shuttle to Fashion Mall (heart of the Strip) but only every few hours, and they also run a limited shuttle service to/from the airport.

Parking access is good and there is actually a large covered area (not sure if it is for valet parking only) as well as believe it or not, some shaded parking close up to the casino. Handicapped parking, like most places, is limited and was almost always full.

So if you are wanting to get away from the insanity that is Las Vegas, the M Resort is no doubt a great place to do so IF you have a car, otherwise, be prepared for some very hefty cab fares (if you can even find a cab) or being at the mercy of the M's shuttle schedule. Note there is an AM/PM Market that is easy walking distance, behind the casino, east of the pool area, but that is the only other business in the area. There are no homes, no markets, no bars, absolutely nothing besides a freeway on-ramp out by the M.

San Diego
Reviewed 2 August 2014

In July we stayed at the M for the 2nd time. Again, the service was good and the room was nice and clean. This time we had a chance to explore the restaurants and bars, and all that we went to were good. Most bars had a good beer selection, but the 32* bar had a lot of good beer (and great pizza as well). We followed the happy hour specials around the resort which was fun and there were some good specials.

The only disappointment was the upgrade to the M Experience room that we paid an additional $30 a night for. The experience they are trying to create just didn't happen...it was actually kind hokey. The shower head was nice, but I don't know about vitamin infused water.

Room Tip: Don't pay for the M Experience room and ask for a city view. The city is far away, but the view...
Pasadena, CA
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This review is primarily for the new M Experience room [we got a complimentary upgrade] as we only spent one night here and didn't get to explore the property.

PROS:
• Vitamin C-infused shower head...sounds odd but was the best shower ever! The spray of the shower head was misty yet still powerful, so it felt a little like you were in a rain forest.
• Amazing Spa toiletries [the next day my hair was still super soft] and extra things like a bath mitt and bath salts for the tub.
• Newer lightening adapter on the iHome clock radio dock.
• Automatic aromatherapy diffuser with remote.
• Very very clean!
• Dual sink bathroom with two robes and slippers.
• Keurig coffeemaker in the room.

CONS:
• Not on the Strip [but the upside is that it's quieter]

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HouseofJung
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Been to most Vagas hotels. Thought we would try this one out cause they give CA residents a 30% discount.

We were very happy with this choice. Very nice lobby and we really liked the pool area, you don't feel closed in by the other hotel buildings. Rooms were very nice. I liked that you don't have to walk through the casino to get to the elevators. they don't push the casino on u. It's there if you want it. You don't even have to go through it to get to the pools. Oh and had a great breakfast at the restaurant with a view of all of Vegas.

We decided to take a drive in the am cause we were up and pool for some stupid reason dose'nt open till 9am. That was my only complaint the pool should be open by at least 8am before it gets to hot to be outside. So we drove to green valley ranch and red rock spa and casino hotels to compare the M to them. We both said the M wins hands down for just about everything WE like. Everyone likes different things of course. We like more of a quiet hotel not a lot of smoke and people, nice rooms and a really nice pool.

Liked it so much we booked it again for next week.

1 Thank Mark B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Vdara Hotel & Spa
The Strip
The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
The Strip
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Autograph Collection

Been to M Resort Spa Casino? Share your experiences!