“Beautiful rooms”

Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Henderson
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Beautiful rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

Stayed at the M for a couple nights with a friend, mostly to relax by the pool. The room was awesome, nice and spacious. There's a tv in the vanity mirror of the bathroom. Gotta love that. Only bad thing about the bathroom is that the shower door is glass so if you're with friends, you probably won't want to have one person showering while the other is using the rest of the bathroom.

The pool was great. Really mellow, unlike a lot of other Vegas pools.

It is quite a drive to the strip but we had a car, so no big deal. Parking is free, as with most places in Vegas.

I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank sanae78

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Carefree, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

This resort is south of the Strip and less than a 15 min drive. It is quiet and less crowds. The facility is beautiful. There is no resort fee and all amenities are available on site. There is a large pool, spa, fitness center with classes, restaurants, casino, entertainment, UPS store and doctor's office. The front desk is more than helpful and gave us an upgrade upon registration. Rooms are spacious with large flat screen in the bedroom and a smaller version in the bath. We loved it and will be back!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Victoria P
Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

The good:

This hotel has good size, well appointed rooms, at were incredibly quiet and dark, great for sleeping. The staff at the spa were excellent. It was great value for the price we paid.

The bad:

This hotel is a long way from Vegas - it took us 25 mins to drive to the strip, we booked not knowing the location and if we hadn't had a car, we would have been very stuck. As it was, all we wanted to do was some shopping and hang by the pool for a day so it was a perfect stay for that.

Travelling with a food allergy has been a breeze in the US, fantastic food everywhere, except here. This would have been an issue except for the fact that there is NOTHING within a reasonable distance to this hotel for another option.

The ugly:

The room was clean but the bathroom seemed to have shaving cream spilt all over a sink and through the shower, the bench was not cleaned when we checked in. We complained and it was attended to, but only the bench was cleaned. We ended up cleaning the shower ourselves and although we got an apology in checking out, it isn't acceptable for a hotel of this calibre.

On checking in, we were automatically given a room with two beds. As a lesbian couple we expect this in very small towns but in an upmarket Vegas hotel, expect to be asked for one bed or two - in all the tiny towns we stayed on our road trip this was the only time we were assumed not to be a couple. Wake up M! It's totally ok to ask but don't assume! Our room was changed without question but tedious to have to ask.

We opted to reuse our towels and apparently this means nothing in these room gets serviced, no bins emptied etc. Hopeless for a 4 star property.

Finally, having to pay for wifi? Really? I know the Vegas scene is about charging as much as possible, but we got free wifi at every tiny road stop in this country and far lesser hotels, it should be a standard.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Siobhanfaire
EDMOND
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

If you have a vehicle and want to be away from the crowd come here. The pool is amazing and the casinos are not crowded nor full of
Smoke. The view from your room/bathtub even is amazing. Ask for a
City view. Really pretty at night and dusk.

Shuttle has limited trips to the strip which was a disappointment. We did not plan to rent car until we kept paying $50 for a cab due to limited shuttle service. Major CON for us.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

We have stayed at this property several times and have always enjoyed our stay. Not this time! There were very few guests and now we understand why. The employees were not nearly as friendly or professional. We invited family that live in the area to join us at the pool. I met them downstairs at the pool entrance. I showed the attendant my key, gave her my name and room number. She said they now require a photo ID to enter the pool area. While my guests stood at the entrance I had to return to my room to get my photo ID. Once I showed her the ID we were allowed to proceed to a table where security guards checked all of the purses and beach bags of me and my guests. I commented that I felt like I was at the airport not my hotel pool, then the security guard said not to worry, body cavity searches wouldn't be for a half hour. I was horrified. I was standing there with four children who were under seven who are now asking me what a body cavity search was. Seriously! This is how you treat guests staying at your hotel? Once we were allowed in the pool area, the service was horrible. There was one waitress for the whole pool area. I ended up going to the bar myself to get drinks, and then to the pool side grill to get lunch for the children and bring it back to our lounge chairs.

I don't know if there has been an ownership change or what, but if this is how they treat returning customers I predict they won't be in business for long. I for one will be taking my business elsewhere..

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank mickishell3
Largo, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

OUR SCENARIO:
Vegas is the town for conventions and sometimes twice a year we have to attend some function usually for about four to five days allowing two additional days for travel, timing it to get the best discounts on airline fares and room rates. Not everyone goes to Vegas for the fun and games. So I’m writing this as a business traveler. Not planning well is costly and luckily my business partner is very frugal and we have pulled off some incredible trips… on the CHEAP. We know what to do, thirty years of doing it helps and those points can add up.

This year the IPI convention was held at the “M” Hotel and SPA, and Casino. A step up for me. We arrived on a Sunday and left the following Friday. In the past we usually stayed at the Tuscany which is midtown slightly off the strip because the Tuscany rooms are isolated and not near the Casino, no noise, yet close to the LVCC convention center for the CES/PMA Show. Why about where we stayed before? One year we stayed in a place with a Casino below us and all I heard all night long was ding-ding-ding-ding all night long.

The “M” is a gracious four star plus hotel, to me a five, held the convention and trade show internally for our group this year which really negated any travel and parking. The longest trip we engaged internally was from the third floor in the elevator to the Casino/Convention Floors. A one minute trip. Basically the week was room to food to business to more food and more business and very little exertion.

We managed couple trips downtown for shopping, browsing and a museum to make the rental car worthwhile that we always get. I might add travel in the summer heat with temps about 97 to 102 can easily become a health hazard if you don’t hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. The worst part was leaving a building and getting into a hot car, that’s why we valet and park in closed garages, never on the roof. Walking outside, your lungs said HOT, and I live in Florida. Forget the bit about no humidity, hot is hot, the sweat evaporates faster in Vegas.

The “M” Resort Spa casino is about 10 minutes south of the strip in Henderson and has close access to both the main drag and the bypass highways if you are used to driving in Vegas.
We know by experience the back roads and streets to get around the traffic but otherwise on some days, the driving can be testy. I will say one thing about the cabbies in Vegas, they are courteous, it amazes me, I turn my signal on they let me in. Unheard of in Tampa, Florida where on some days the turn signal must be a sign of weakness. The resort has a shuttle, albeit a shuttle, not a city bus, there is ample guest parking and we use the valet service.

√√√√√ Local Food Etc. Rose Parkway and cross streets (maybe a five to seven minute drive) have many of the usual restaurants, sports bars, take outs, fast foods and the usual gaggle of retail stores etc.
 You are not exactly in an isolated part of the world. Some food chains not found in the east do a good job out west. Easterners do try them.

√√√√√ Customer service everywhere in the hotel is excellent, I found the employees willing to please, courteous from the lobby to the dinner servers, the pool staff, casino and house keeping. We experienced no delays, pleasant smiles, and efficient service.

I have seen the other side too, at other places. I can understand some delays when 500 people arrive all at once for a trade show, after some of us have been in airports and cramped in economy for eight hours and we just want to get to the room.
Usually, I disregard most of the comments as there are some people you will never make happy, circumstance you cannot change, and the usual assortment of glitches when traveling. Tough up, take it with a grain of salt, two shots of Tequila and a 1/2 lime. Your social indignation and self importance are showing.

√√√√√ Rooms are large super modern, super clean, the best beds in town, modern yet functional decor and did I mention clean, extremely clean.

√√√√√ The bathrooms, usually a source of concern in most hotels are incredible. His and hers, and a TV built into the mirror. There are motorized blinds and sun light screens in the main bedroom and privacy blinds that separate the bath area from the double queen size tufted beds. You can change the room mode easily, just a button away for an afternoon nap. Best sleep I had. Trivia….Something unique, the hotel uses a pump re-circulating hot water system so when you turn on hot, instant hot, great idea for a hotel as it actually works better and doesn’t waste as much water getting hot to your room.

√√√√√ In-House Though it's located a few miles from the strip, I like the thought of being able to back off from the helter-skelter of the Vegas Strip pace and there are several additional eating venues in the hotel (eight or so) from Italian to Burgers to a great smoothie Ice cream bar probably responsible for the four pounds I put on.

√√√√√ With the primal urge for good food in the forefront of my mind, the showcase of food, the “M” buffet is one of the towns best in my opinion. The “M” Buffet was our choice even when we stayed across town. As busy as it was , the food was being restocked quickly and devoured even quicker. The Studio B was a site for TV cooking shows. And I’ve eaten at most of the buffets in Vegas/ Henderson and yes one or two might be on a higher theme TV reality show scale but cost lots more.

A GREAT STAY IN A VERY COMPETITIVE ARENA WANTING FOR NOTHING

Room Tip: The side that has the downtown view at night, higher the floor the better.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank aljacobs2
Sterling Heights, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

This off of the strip resort, casino, and spa is great for anyone that craves more of a relaxed atmosphere. Great restaurants, bars, and grand buffet. Wonderful pools too. Free airport and Fashion Show Mall shuttle service, 7 days a week!!

Room Tip: We have stayed at this resort 6 different times, every room was comfortable with great views of the...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Diane_P206
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Vdara Hotel & Spa
The Strip
The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
The Strip
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Autograph Collection

Been to M Resort Spa Casino? Share your experiences!