“Perfect Hotel For Wedding!”

The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Henderson
Los Angeles, California
“Perfect Hotel For Wedding!”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I could not speak more highly of the Westin Lake Las Vegas. My wife and I had our destination wedding there 2 weeks ago and it was spectacular.

Go with the 1,500 sf Presidential Suite. It not only features a huge master bed and bath with jacuzzi tub, but also an open living room / dining room and kitchenette. Perfect for bride and groom alone-time AND for wedding party cocktails or coffee. (You can easily fit 40 people in there.) The Andalucian Gardens w/ dome gazebo had the stunning backdrop of the lake, impeccable landscaping and distant dessert mountains. Paddleboarding on the lake, cabanas at the pool, golf and spa. The staff bent over backwards for our guests. And the catered wedding dinner, rehearsal dinner at Marssa restaurant and even the room service was delicious.

I am astounded with how perfect the Westin made our wedding. We can't wait to come back next year for our anniversary. And every year, once we have children, for our family vacation! Check out the photos!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
WestinLake L, General Manager at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Beautiful photo! Thank you for sharing! It was a true honor to have been a part of your special day. We couldn't be happier to learn that our staff helped make your wedding day so perfect. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful description of our property and Presidential Suite. It seems like your spacious room accommodation was the perfect fit for the day! We are truly delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of our resort. Thank you for choosing The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa for your destination wedding. We are happy we have gained you as loyal guests and we are looking forward to your future visits!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Nice place for cocktails watching the sunset on the patio. Great spot to close out the day. Very relaxing. Friendly staff. Lovely property. We especially liked the pool and beach areas. Away from the very busy Strip for a final place to relax.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Madmartins
WestinLake L, General Manager at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
We are so happy to know that you consider our resort the ideal setting to unwind with a cocktail after a long day. The views of the sunset must have been breathtaking! Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope you'll choose The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa again.
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Reviewed 16 October 2013

so friendly, so warm, beautiful room, great service, the valet fellow remembered my name 2 days later, only problem is the bar closes at 10 and the room service is rather slow at night. very child friendly, pools were great, lake was closed but still had to pay resort fee, not sure for what.

Room Tip: a room with a view makes all the difference
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank m0ishy
A beautiful picture and a beautiful review! We can't thank you enough for sharing your kind words regarding our resort. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconveniences. Our resort fee includes many amenities from self-parking, unlimited use of Westin Workout and Spa Moulay, High Speed Internet Access and more. You can find a complete list of amenities on our website. We are truly grateful for your five-star rating and hope you'll have the opportunity to visit The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa again.
Yardley, PA
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I stayed at the Westin for a business conference and really enjoyed it. There were both good and no so good points about the resort, but certainly nothing to prevent anyone from choosing to stay here.

The property is absolutely gorgeous and well maintained. The rooms are large and very clean. Everything in the room was in good working order. I had a great room with a view of the pools, lagoon and outside seating areas. The mountains in the background were a bonus view! It was breathtaking. The beds were very comfortable. Who doesn't love the Westin bed?????

Now for the down side.....it is far from the strip. $65.00 - $70.00 cab ride to either the airport or the strip. If you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of the strip, this is no doubt a great choice. They have shuttles to the strip but they are limited to 12 people and the last trip home is 11:45 p.m. I rented a car (done at the last minute) and was happy that I did. It is very easy to get around in NV and I had no issues navigating to and from the strip.

Since I was at a conference, I was limited to the food that was served to many. All of the dishes had cheese in them, which I don't like. When I asked if I could get a breakfast sandwich without the cheese, the waiter did not know, said he would ask and I never saw him again.

Overall, it was a great property and I was very happy with my stay. I would recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank naninpa
Thank you for sharing your detailed review, as it allows us the opportunity to get a clear perspective of your time here. We hope you'll accept our sincere apologies for any inconveniences regarding our food selection. It is always our pleasure to accommodate any dietary requests and we regret that we missed the opportunity to serve you. Furthermore, we apologize if you did not find our shuttle service more convenient. We'll keep your comments in mind for the future. We can't thank you enough for your warm remarks and recommendation and hope you'll choose The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa again.
Chico, California
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is a great location and I have been staying here for many years even before it was a Westin. The rooms could use an update. Breakfast is nice. Upper pool area is great with family and kids mostly stay in the lower pool with the water slide. Try the Nachos. They are great!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank ray s
We are honored to have you as a loyal guest! Thank you for always choosing The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa. We are pleased to know that you enjoy everything our resort has to offer from our pools to our nachos. We hope any inconveniences that you may have experienced at our front desk were minimal and that you'll continue to stay with us again in the future.
Lake Mary, Florida, United States
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

I had an immensely enjoyable stay at the Westin. My room was spacious and well organized. Lots of towels. The bath products were green tea based and smelled wonderful. A rain shower head and handheld made for a great shower experience. Surprised by a wine and chocolate service delivered by the hotel. My only complaint was the wifi which occasionally blipped out -- the resolution was wired access which always worked. Resort fee includes parking and fitness services. Friendly staff.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank RichardRiga
WestinLake L, General Manager at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
It is wonderful to learn that you enjoyed such a wonderful stay at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa. Thank you for sharing! We are always thrilled to learn when our staff can make a guest's visit extra special by delivering wine and chocolate to help celebrate a special occasion. We apologize for any difficulties that you encountered with our Internet service and will share your concerns with the appropriate members of our staff so we can rectify this issue. Thank you for sharing your story with us.
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I was at the Westin 3 days for a conference. The conference was well organized, but I wasn't impressed with the location. It was a $65 taxi ride from the airport. Given that my time was fully occupied with the conference, I would have preferred somewhere closer to an airport. The isolation didn't add to the conference, nor did looking out on a man-made lake that really should not exist in the middle of the desert.

I had to wait for front desk staff several times. At check-in no one was at the desk at all for at least 5 minutes. Other times there was only one person and a line.

Each night I was awakened by people outside and in the hallway around 2am. Definitely not a noise-proof room.

The Resort Fee was hugely annoying. I used none of the elements that the Resort Fee was supposed to cover. Internet was provided by the conference. It wasn't warm enough to use the pool or any recreational items. I didn't need the self-parking. Yet I still paid $50 for all of that. I want my $50 back! Of course there was never an invoice slipped under the door, and they didn't make me aware of what rate I was paying when I checked in, so it definitely seems like they are doing their best to hide the fee from guests, unless guests do the math when they look at their credit card bills.

Also annoying was that I had no cell coverage anywhere in the hotel (with T-Mobile). I had to walk outside by the lake to make calls.

The room was clean, the shower was good, the bed was good - no complaints on any of that. But from a front-desk, location, resort fee and cell coverage perspective, I was disappointed. Would not stay here again, and would not encourage companies to hold conferences here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank TravelBabbo
Thank you for sharing your three-day business trip with us. We are saddened to learn of the inconveniences that you encountered and hope you'll accept our sincere apologies if your stay did not reflect our usual high standards of service. It is never our intention to mislead our guests with hidden fees, which is why all of our charges are clearly stated on our website. We deeply regret if our resort charge was not made clear upon arrival and we will share your comments with our front desk staff. We never like to learn when a guest leaves our hotel feeling disappointed and we wish we had the opportunity to address these concerns, especially the noise disruptions that you experienced, at the time of your visit. We are truly appreciative of your honest feedback and hope you'll consider staying with us in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
The Mirage Hotel & Casino
#46 of 262 in Las Vegas
Signature at MGM Grand
#11 of 262 in Las Vegas
Summerlin
Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa

Been to The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!