“Going the extra mile”

Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Henderson
Prosper, Texas
“Going the extra mile”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I was attending a corporate conference at the Westin Henderson. The hotel was lovely, my room was great, the facilities supported our very large 3 day gathering quite well, and the beautiful patio (with multiple fire pits, comfortable couches, and several fountains) was a great place to relax at the end of long days. However, my review is related to one of those "above and beyond" experiences one only occasionally experiences. In the mad dash to catch a plane from McCarron, I inadvertently left my corporate laptop in one of the meeting rooms where I presented. Of course, I did not realize this until I reached the airport. Since it was a Friday, both guests and all corporate meeting attendees were leaving the hotel at the same time and confusion I am sure reigned there. I called the hotel who connected me with hotel security. I spoke with Francis Pascua. I am not sure how he did it but he was able to understand my somewhat frantic explanation of the situation. He told me he would get to work on it and call me back. As I took a return shuttle to the hotel, I received a call back from Francis (very quickly I might add). He had my laptop in his position and it would be waiting for me when I returned to the hotel. Sure enough as I pulled up to the front of the hotel my laptop was handed to me and I was able to immediately board another shuttle. Thanks to Francis' dedication and effort, I made my return flight (by 2 minutes). I realize that other conscientious staff at the Westin were involved since someone returned my laptop to a staff desk. I must express my gratitude to the them as well. However, I want to make sure others know that Westin staff include people like Francis who serve their guests well and can save the day when called upon. Thank you Westin and your entire staff.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
WestinLake L, General Manager at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We understand that this was a frantic time and we couldn't be happier to know that our staff was able to quickly locate and return such a valuable item to you. We are most proud of our team for delivering exceptional service and we look forward to sharing your kind comments with the specific staff member that you've mentioned. We hope you'll think of The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa again the next time you are in our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

The Weston was nice for a one night stay near Christmas. The only drawback for us was that we brought a pet and we knew that there was an extra charge, but we were told we couldn't leave the pet alone in the room, even though we keep our pet in a kennel when we are away for short periods of time and our dog rarely barks. Something to consider if you are traveling with a pet.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
While it was a pleasure to welcome you and your pet to our resort, we deeply regret if you encountered any inconveniences with our policy. Please understand that we want to ensure a pleasant experience for each and every one of our guests. We apologize for any frustrations you may have experienced and we hope you’ll consider visiting The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa again.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 5 February 2014

The following is a letter that was sent to Mr. Greg Gooding, the General Manager of the Westin Lake Las Vegas, hopefully readers of TripAdvisor will find it helpful:

Dear Mr. Gooding :

I certainly appreciate the extraordinary service provided by your resort during my most recent stay. Needless to say, you should be very proud of all of your staff. The professionalism displayed was of the highest level.

In addition, I feel one staff person in particular deserves specific recognition. On numerous occasions, Michael Garces, your Director of Front Office Operations, went significantly over and above the call of duty to insure that our trip was truly pleasant. Michael is truly the complete image of professionalism and hospitality.

I am a lifetime Platinum member and have been with the SPG program from its inception. I can safely say Michael’s service was the best single example of customer service that I have ever received at any SPG property. I am also both involved in the hospitality industry as an owner and teach hospitality courses at the university level. Without doubt, your property and staff like Michael epitomize the highest levels of quality.

Thank you again for a tremendous stay,

Kim Wong

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Your kind words have truly touched our hearts. Thank you for your lovely comments regarding our friendly and attentive staff at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa. I have already shared your warm remarks with the specific staff member that you've mentioned. As a lifetime Platinum SPG member, it was a true pleasure to accommodate you at our resort. We hope you will choose to stay with us again in the near future.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 4 February 2014

The hotel is beautiful,relaxing quiet, beautiful lakefront views. Not many people around, if you want peace and quiet, better choice for me than the strip. The drive is about 20min from the strip, so you want to travel during the daylight cause you could miss the hotel's turn. The rooms are small, and the bathroom had a noisy sound coming from the shower, not sure if this was pipe related, however I closed the bathroom door and slept peacefully. Friendly staff, my charge card was charged twice for incidentals, it should have been charged once, still waiting on return. Keep plenty of singles for Bell Man, and Service people. My overall stay was good.

Room Tip: I would suggest when booking your trip, call the hotel directly, Get a Room will charge your full st...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your warm remarks regarding your Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa experience! We are happy to know that you enjoyed our lakefront views and relaxing setting. However, we regret if you encountered any inconveniences during your getaway and hope you'll reach out to us directly regarding any billing concerns. Thank you for letting us know about your stay and we hope you'll choose us again in the future.
Reviewed 31 January 2014

QUICK REVIEW:
#1 Excellent customer service
#2 Relaxing grounds with excellent views of the lake. Firepits, playground, water sports, trails.
#3 Close enough to the strip but far enough away as well:) which I liked.
#4 Comfortable, clean rooms.

MORE DETAILED:
#1 From the welcome to the exit, the hotel staff made every effort to provide excellent customer service. When we arrived we were greeted by a smiling curb side attendant who helped with our bags. The check in staff was most pleasant. I booked my room online using their website but some for reason they couldn't find the reservation. I had my handy dandy smart phone of course and showed them the reservation and things were taken care of. During this time they were very cordial and professional. It did not take long at all, and we had our keys in no time. Print reservation or keep your confirmatory email.

I had my grandchildren with me and needed extra supplies and the staff was always very quick to respond to our needs. They were very friendly with the kids and made them feel welcome:).

#2 The kids and I enjoyed walking around the hotel and they really enjoyed the play ground! There is a cute little bridge, garden area, mulitple fire pits for those cooler nights and the hotel provides water toys to help you get the most out of the lake. Some of these (water toys) are inlcuded and a couple are not. My children enjoyed the paddle boat (included). It's not really a boat but some type of 4 person water craft. I don't know what it's called. LOL. But fun! Nice way to see the lake. There are many little spots where you can cozy up with a nice book if you need some alone time (inside and out). Just a pleasant setting:). Of course it's perfect for walking and there are trails. Very relaxing.

#3 If you want to be walking distance to the strip then clearly this is not the place but it is a short 15 minute or so drive to the strip. I liked the distance from the strip. As far as dining, the hotel offers several options but if you have children it can get pricy. There are some shops and restuarants in the Marina area but to get more of a variety you will need to drive off the lake grounds but all you have to do is put food in your smart phone browser and all kinds of places come up.

#4 The rooms are clean and comfortable. Nice linen. I saw a review that indicated the bed was not comfortable. I slept very well in my bed. Not too soft, not too hard. The toiletries are nice. If you forget toothpaste you'll have to call for that but there is no extra charge. The bathroom was just a tiny bit small. The views are great! Very nice to wake up to the relaxing view of the lake. Some rooms likely have ground views but the grounds are very nice:). The televisons are nice and there are plenty of plugs. Of course most hotels now a days require a "resort fee" and this will include your access to the internet and parking. We enjoyed our stay and I would stay again for sure. One of the things I liked most is that the staff did not look at my grandchilden like they shouldn't be there. You know the look that you get in some hotels. Unless, it indicates "all couples" resort, children should be welcomed. They had a great time which ALWAYS MAKES ME HAPPY.

Oh and one more thing, when I checked out there was a snag because of the whole reservation thing I mentioned and it took some time to clear it up but the manager there was again, very pleasant, he did everything he could (including a concession) to make it up to me. Things do happen, but when people are kind it makes all the difference! Thank you to all the wonderful staff at the Westin. We stayed the week of Christmas:).

Room Tip: Choose a Lake view room.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank msbrwnn
WestinLake L, General Manager at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
It was a pleasure to read about your Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa experience. Thank you for spending your holiday with us and for taking the time to share your detailed review of our property. We couldn't be happier to learn that your stay matched the high standards of customer service we wish to provide for each of our guests. It seems like you and your family really made the most out of your visit. We are so glad that you shared your great review of our kayak and pedal boats! We hope you'll choose to stay with us again soon.
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We actually traveled here last November 2013 to celebrate a special birthday, which they knew when I made the reservations. We planned to see a couple of shows, but didn't need all the neon lights of the strip 24/7. What a treat this was! First of all, we got a great price on a room with a king sized bed; upon arrival they upgraded us for free. Then, as they were punching that into the computer we came up as "Guest of the Day" - seriously! I have a certificate to prove it! We ended up in a huge 1 bedroom suite with a wonderful view of the pool and the lake, 2 huge TVs, a bar, a dining room, living room, 2 bathrooms, one of which was HUGE and beautiful, a dressing room and a large bedroom. Needless to say, this was a bit of overkill for our short 2 day visit, but we enjoyed and appreciated every minute of it. Everything in the room was spotless, the bed was very comfortable, with great pillows (and I am picky about pillows!) and it was quiet.
The staff was wonderful, always friendly, and helpful. We took the shuttle to the strip both evenings, and the drivers were prompt and friendly.
We had cocktails and an afternoon snack in the Arabesque Lounge and that was fun! The bartender was upbeat, fun, knowledgeable and totally on top of all her customers' needs. (She also had on adorable eyeglasses that I want!).
It wasn't quite pool, kayak or paddle boat weather, so can't comment on that aspect, but would totally be willing to go back any season!
Highly recommend!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank kimmerb
WestinLake L, General Manager at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
How wonderful! We are truly delighted that you were our guest of the day. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It was an honor to accommodate you for such a special occasion. We are happy that you enjoyed your upgrade and we thank you for providing such a generous review of your time at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa. It seems like you truly made the most out of your vacation and we hope you'll visit us again soon!
San Diego, California
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Gorgeous resort set on Lake Las Vegas! The service and room was fantastic, the pool complex is amazing with a long slide for kids & adults. Rick's Cafe for breakfast, and evening dinner togo for by the pool was solid! The Arabesque Lounge is in the middle of the hotel and easy to hang out in, even with the kids. If you are in Vegas, and want a break from the bustle of the Strip, check out Lake Las Vegas & the Westin.

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool or lake, high floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Your lovely review of The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa is greatly appreciated! Thank you for describing our resort as the hidden gem of Las Vegas. It is truly wonderful to read your glowing remarks! Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions and valuable feedback. We hope you'll think of us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
The Strip
4.5 of 5 bubbles 15,596 reviews
M Resort Spa Casino
#1 of 25 in Henderson
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,292 reviews

Been to The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!