“Beautiful setting”

The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Henderson
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Gorgeous views, nice pools and beach area. Friendly staff. However, not impressed with the condition of the room. Smelled stale and smoky and furniture was chipped, not what was expected after seeing the exterior of the resort. Kids enjoyed the pools, slide and beach area. Probably would have asked for a different room if stayed for more than one night.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
WestinLake L, General Manager at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Although we are happy that your kids enjoyed our pool and beach area, it is disappointing to know that we were not able to impress you with our accommodations. Thank you for alerting us to these concerns and we hope you'll accept our sincere apologies for any inconveniences that you encountered. We hope you'll give us another opportunity to impress you in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,330)

Reviewed 23 August 2014

First of all, I would like to say that the location of this hotel is fantastic, the sad thing is that we had such a terrible stay here and it was a very dissapointing two weeks holiday.

We arrived at the room, there was so much hair on the bathroom floor from the previous occupants as it was not cleaned properly before we arrived, my wife called housekeeping to come and re-clean, this did not happen. The carpet in the room was so dirty we had to wear flip flops so that our feet would saty clean when we got out of the shower. (I am not making this up). The housekeeping was so inconsistant, one day we would get milk and tea, the next five days, we had to call for them to bring it to our room, the complimentary water was never replaced and the service was just so poor overall. Our toilet and shower was blocked, we call the front desk to get it unblocked, which they did, I will not go into details of how the toilet was left when it was unblocked, but it was not cleaned up. The next day after coming back from the pool, the mess had still not been cleaned after the cleaners had been in the room. I went down to see the Manager, she said that she was very sorry and would not charge us the resort fee for our entire stay, I asked if we could upgrade our room? The frfont desk gave us a key to a suite, although it was much bigger, it was filthier than the room we were in.

On four occasions at the pool in the morning, there were no towels available, I asked the guy at the kiosk why? He said that they were all out. This was at 8am in the morning, there were only a handfull of people at the pool. I asked him how long the towels would take and he was very cheeky.

I know that this all sounds long winded, but I think that there needs to be some major changes at the hotel with attitude and cleanleness. It is a nice hotel, and could be a great place, if tthe service and housekeeping was improved drastically, it could be a fantastic place to visit.

I know that the Management will comment and say that they are improving, Please just dont say this as an easy answer, try and do something that will make changes for the good.

I stay in hotels at least three times a week, and this is not exceptable for a four star hotel.

TB

6  Thank anthony b
WestinLake L, General Manager at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention, as I assure you that I take each review very seriously. We are fully committed to achieving complete guest satisfaction and never like to learn when a guest leaves disappointed in their stay. I assure you that our management team will review your comments. We would like to apologize for the inconveniences and frustrations that you encountered throughout your visit with us. We are sorry for the inconsistent level of service that you received and have already shared your review with the head of our housekeeping department. Thank you for your review and we hope you’ll give us another try to exceed all expectations during a future visit.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

The hotel is in a great location, the room and swimming pools are clean and we'll kept. The buffet was yummy and the price was fair.
Will be coming back again and cool down in this oasis in the middle of the desert.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sunny5540

We are happy that you are already planning to return! Thank you for sharing your weekend getaway with us at the Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa. It was certainly our pleasure to accommodate you for the weekend. We're glad that you enjoyed the amenities that we offer and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

This was the last stop on a whirlwind "Moms and sons" vacation. We had planned on staying on "the strip" in Vegas, but after a week of hiking the National Parks opted for something quieter. We booked the hotel online and were pleasantly surprised when we pulled in to the resort. It is beautiful! There was a bit of a wait at checkin but it was well worth it. We had asked for a room with 2 queen beds, they had us booked into a king and sofa bed but cheerfully upgraded us to a bigger room with 2 beds and a beautiful view. The room was spotless and very comfortable. We all enjoyed the pools and hot tub. The boys got a chance to paddleboard and had a great time. The staff was friendly and helpful. One of the members of our group became ill during the night and the hotel allowed us to have a late checkout so she could recover. The food at the restaurant was a little pricey, but was very good. I would recomend this place to families looking for a quiet beautiful getaway.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank 564gailc

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa experience! It is wonderful to know that you and your sons enjoyed so many aspects of our property including the water activities that we offer. It was certainly a pleasure to upgrade you to a more spacious room. Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay and we hope you'll think of us again.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We took a girls' trip here, mainly to visit the sun! The property is beautiful, rooms are simple and clean, and the pools are great. We were here during the week and it was very, very quiet -- it sounded like it fills up with families on the weekends. There are a few restaurants in and near the hotel and Lake Las Vegas feels like a modern day ghost town - empty homes, hotels and casinos everywhere, which is a fascinating vibe. The shuttle into the strip is easy and quick!

Room Tip: Ask what's available when you arrive!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rebecca J

Thank you for choosing the Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa for your girls' getaway. We are delighted that you enjoyed our clean accommodations and pool area! We are also happy to know that you enjoyed our shuttle service to and from the strip. It seems like you truly made the most out of your getaway and we hope you'll visit with us again the next time you plan another trip with the girls.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

A beautiful family friendly property with two pools and more for the kids! We stayed after a long trip through the national parks and were very pleased with the friendly service and cleanliness of the hotel. A much preferred option to staying in Las Vegas.

1  Thank MarylandMom21146
WestinLake L, General Manager at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

We are delighted that you were so impressed with the cleanliness of our property, as well as our friendly customer service. It was a pleasure to welcome you to the Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa and we hope you will continue to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I have stayed here at least 8 to 9 times now from when it was the Hyatt Regency, Loews and now the Westin and never had a problem with my stay. This past weekend I stayed here for a last little vacation before my son starts school. I made a reservation online for $115 a night for 3 nights. The next day I got a post card from Westin for a " Special stay 3 nights get the 3rd night free". I arrived on Thursday and showed the front end clerk the post card. After sometime consulting with the manager Patrick, they said I have to call the central reservations and remake the reservations because they did not have the codes for that special. I made the reservations with the central reservations and I told her about the special and the code that was on the post card. She then gave me 3 options of prices for those nights of $115, $138, and one that was a little higher. I chose the $115 a night. I thought that was odd because that was the same price I got for 3 nights, usually for the free night specials they would bump up the prices to compensate for the free night. I then checked in and got a up grade and breakfast for the mornings that we were there. She said the total was $386 with all the resort fees and taxes and anything I owed at check out would be if I had a bar tab or other incedintals.
Everything was good until check out. When I checked out the bill said that I owed $250 dollars, $51 dollars of the $250 was the bar tab which i get, on top of the $386 that was aready on my card. As I looked more in depth at the bill, there were several room charge package, banquets, taxes and resort fee charges. It looked so confusing which I think they do on purpose to spin you out. I asked the front desk clerk why it has so many charges and why I owe so much money because in my mind I just owe the bar tab of $51 and the $386 covers the $115 x 2 nights and all the resort fees and taxes. Which I thought I confirmed with the check in clerk 3 days prior. After going back and forth with the clerk which I must say seemed confused with all the room charge package charges, that she had to ask the supervisor what was going on. They then told me that there is no way I got the price of $115 a night with the 3 for 2 special. And that all the room charge package charges was to compensate for the $115 for 3 nights without the special one night free.
I was really upset that I had to call central reservations, told the person that I had the post card and the code, and if she quoted me $230 a night for the post card special like the supervisor Ashleen said, I would have declined because that would have been much more than the $115 a night without the special. They said if I had proof of the $115 quote they would give it to me. It was my word against theirs. I was so mad. The supervisor would not budge, all she said she could do was take off the resort fees for the stay, which should have been $75 but ended taking only $50, which I caught once I got home to California. I reluctantly paid what was owed. When I went to my car outside I looked at the bill because the numbers just did not add up, even with the $115 a night x 3. I went back in and the clerk that helped me initially saw me and had this look like "oh no here he comes again....." I asked to speak to the supervisor Ashleen again. After waiting a good 8 minutes she finally came out and I asked her if she can explain all the charges. She said she went over the bill and they over charged me $107. Now the bill was more what I had calculated for 3 days, but who knows with all the taxes and fees they Tac on if that was even correct.
After this fiasco I am not staying here anymore. It seems like if a repeat customer who comes as much as I did, had a problem, they would try to accommodate a valued customer like me.
Buyers beware, get your nightly price on email or in writing because they will tell you one thing and pull a fast one on you hoping at check out you won't catch it.......

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
5  Thank Todd S

As a valued guest to our property, we deeply regret to learn of your recent experience at our resort. On behalf of our staff, I hope you will accept my heartfelt apologies for any discrepancies on your bill. Although it is unclear at this time what happened, it is disappointing to know that we may have missed the opportunity to welcome you again. Please reach out to me directly so we may further discuss your experience and rectify any issues. We do not want to lose you as a guest and we hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back and restore your faith in our services.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
The Strip
The Westin Las Vegas Hotel & Spa

Been to The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!