“Really getting away from it all”

The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Henderson
Reviewed 28 August 2014

My son and I stayed at the Westin this past week as a sort of pre-5th grade retreat. Overall I would have to say it was a nice time. Folk were friendly, the room was comfortable and even the kids acting as lifeguards were not obnoxius.

Couple of issues for the wary.
1 - Resort charge. This is a pet peeve of mine and not limited to the Westin. You can get a decent rate on the overnight stay but you have to factor in this egregious resort charge. My son and I used the pool - that was it and whilst I can understand that costs have to be covered I would have preferred that the charge was up front or (better) built into the price. On top of your rate add in $30 per day and you should get the true overnight price. This kind of nickel and diming is what the airlines do now - it's a bad trend and smacks of subterfuge to me.
2 - the Westin is way out there. You have to really want to get away from it all to go there. That's fine but there is nothing much around the property in terms of food options so you get limited to the places that they have on site. Whilst Ricks and the Marrakesh were fine we got tired of them after a couple of days.Just beware of where Lake Las Vegas is so you will not be disappointed. This hotel is not for people wanting to go to Las Vegas. This is for folk wanting a quiet time,
3. WiFi - it truly is awful. If the Westin manager is reading this then it will not cost much to get this rectified. I saw other reviews about this issue and they are right. I think these days we expect to get good wifi reception in our rooms and should not have to go to the lobby to get connected. The speed was also not great. Again, as an IT professional I can tell you that this can be rectified without costing that much money.

2  Thank Joseph S
WestinLake L, General Manager at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Thank you for the level of detail that you've provided in your review. We truly appreciate your comments regarding our Internet service and deeply regret the inconveniences and difficulties that you encountered. I assure you that we are looking further into this issue. It is never our intention for our guests to endure difficulties during a stay and it is important to mention that our resort fee is clearly stated on our website. If looking to explore the Las Vegas area, we do offer a shuttle to and from the entertainment. We hope you will someday allow us the opportunity to welcome you again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,345)

Reviewed 27 August 2014

First the good: Beautiful hotel around a peaceful natural setting. Sitting around the terrace overlooking the lake, pool, and moutains are certainly idealic. The room was satisfactory and clean.

Bad: Loud music at the pool took away from the tranquil environment. A group of guests brought in their own alcohol and were were blatantly drinking hard liquor, hotel staff chose to ignore this while these guest were getting out of hand. It was also obvious that non hotel guests were getting in, therefore I don’t have very much confidence with security here. While at the pool my husband and I ordered two drinks and a buger, an hour later it still didn’t arrive. We then went to find out where it was, had to reorder and then was refused to bring the order to us because they were too busy.

Advice: If you want to stay at Lake Las Vegas go to the Hilton.

Room Tip: Stay on a higher level floor. A lot of late night traffic could be heard in the lobby.
1  Thank Buyco

Thank you for your review. Please know that the safety and security of our guests is our highest priority. We have very strict policies in place when it comes to our resort and we deeply regret to read about your experience with other guests at our pool. I assure you that our management team will be reading over your comments. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences and disruptions that you encountered, as your experience does not reflect the high standards of service that we've set in place. We hope you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you again.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

For a beautiful and peaceful alternative to the strip, try Lake Las Vegas. This Westin was perfect for enjoying the weather and the pools. The hotel and grounds are super nice. I would agree with some other reviews that the rooms do not quite match the beauty of the rest of the hotel - but that did not deter us from having an excellent stay. Our room was more than adequate and we didn't spend much time there anyway. I would also mention that the fine dining option on the property served delicious sushi. Also - the free shuttle was appreciated and crucial. We likely would not have stayed here if we had to pay the $75 cab fare to and from the strip.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

It is wonderful to know that you enjoyed so many aspects of the Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa including our sushi at our Marssa restaurant. We are glad that you took full advantage of our shuttle to and from the Las Vegas entertainment so that you were able to enjoy the best of both worlds. We appreciate your kind comments and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back sooner rather than later.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

This hotel exceeded my expectations. The hotel was beautiful inside and and out. The view from my room was beautiful!The service was outstanding! The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. The only bad thing about my trip was that I was there for a wedding on the strip and didn't get to spend more time at the hotel and experience all of the amenities they have to offer. I would definitely recommend to a friend and look forward to returning in the near future.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

We are delighted that we were able to exceed your expectations! Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience at the Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon to experience all of the exciting amenities that we offer.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Upon finding out that the Saturday night room rate for a hotel in Vegas was going to cost a small fortune, we decided to hire a Mustang and venture somewhere an hour or so from Vegas for the night and headed to Lake Las Vegas. We stopped at the quaint little village for lunch and the waitress at the Italian restaurant recommended the Westin because of its pools. We booked at the hotel concierge and immediately regretted not having split our Vegas trip to more nights at the Westin! Lake Las Vegas was beautiful and the Westin was a great resort. The pool vibe was so relaxing and chilled - we grabbed a couple of cocktails and watched the sunset over the lake form the lounge chairs by the pool. The rooms were a little dated but we didn't spend anytime in it. Paddle boarding was a great little activity to do at twilight also! I'd highly recommend hiring a car and making a one or two-day trip here - I can't wait to go back! The staff were great also:)

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking Lake Las Vegas - perfect for sipping a champagne on the little balcony wh...
2  Thank Chic_Traveller123

What a wonderful review and a beautiful photo of our resort! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are so glad that you chose the Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa for your getaway. It seems like you truly made the most out of your stay. Resting on our lounge chairs and watching the sunset sounds like the perfect way to unwind after a long day. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Gorgeous views, nice pools and beach area. Friendly staff. However, not impressed with the condition of the room. Smelled stale and smoky and furniture was chipped, not what was expected after seeing the exterior of the resort. Kids enjoyed the pools, slide and beach area. Probably would have asked for a different room if stayed for more than one night.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Although we are happy that your kids enjoyed our pool and beach area, it is disappointing to know that we were not able to impress you with our accommodations. Thank you for alerting us to these concerns and we hope you'll accept our sincere apologies for any inconveniences that you encountered. We hope you'll give us another opportunity to impress you in the future.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

First of all, I would like to say that the location of this hotel is fantastic, the sad thing is that we had such a terrible stay here and it was a very dissapointing two weeks holiday.

We arrived at the room, there was so much hair on the bathroom floor from the previous occupants as it was not cleaned properly before we arrived, my wife called housekeeping to come and re-clean, this did not happen. The carpet in the room was so dirty we had to wear flip flops so that our feet would saty clean when we got out of the shower. (I am not making this up). The housekeeping was so inconsistant, one day we would get milk and tea, the next five days, we had to call for them to bring it to our room, the complimentary water was never replaced and the service was just so poor overall. Our toilet and shower was blocked, we call the front desk to get it unblocked, which they did, I will not go into details of how the toilet was left when it was unblocked, but it was not cleaned up. The next day after coming back from the pool, the mess had still not been cleaned after the cleaners had been in the room. I went down to see the Manager, she said that she was very sorry and would not charge us the resort fee for our entire stay, I asked if we could upgrade our room? The frfont desk gave us a key to a suite, although it was much bigger, it was filthier than the room we were in.

On four occasions at the pool in the morning, there were no towels available, I asked the guy at the kiosk why? He said that they were all out. This was at 8am in the morning, there were only a handfull of people at the pool. I asked him how long the towels would take and he was very cheeky.

I know that this all sounds long winded, but I think that there needs to be some major changes at the hotel with attitude and cleanleness. It is a nice hotel, and could be a great place, if tthe service and housekeeping was improved drastically, it could be a fantastic place to visit.

I know that the Management will comment and say that they are improving, Please just dont say this as an easy answer, try and do something that will make changes for the good.

I stay in hotels at least three times a week, and this is not exceptable for a four star hotel.

TB

6  Thank anthony b
WestinLake L, General Manager at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention, as I assure you that I take each review very seriously. We are fully committed to achieving complete guest satisfaction and never like to learn when a guest leaves disappointed in their stay. I assure you that our management team will review your comments. We would like to apologize for the inconveniences and frustrations that you encountered throughout your visit with us. We are sorry for the inconsistent level of service that you received and have already shared your review with the head of our housekeeping department. Thank you for your review and we hope you’ll give us another try to exceed all expectations during a future visit.