My son and I stayed at the Westin this past week as a sort of pre-5th grade retreat. Overall I would have to say it was a nice time. Folk were friendly, the room was comfortable and even the kids acting as lifeguards were not obnoxius.
Couple of issues for the wary.
1 - Resort charge. This is a pet peeve of mine and not limited to the Westin. You can get a decent rate on the overnight stay but you have to factor in this egregious resort charge. My son and I used the pool - that was it and whilst I can understand that costs have to be covered I would have preferred that the charge was up front or (better) built into the price. On top of your rate add in $30 per day and you should get the true overnight price. This kind of nickel and diming is what the airlines do now - it's a bad trend and smacks of subterfuge to me.
2 - the Westin is way out there. You have to really want to get away from it all to go there. That's fine but there is nothing much around the property in terms of food options so you get limited to the places that they have on site. Whilst Ricks and the Marrakesh were fine we got tired of them after a couple of days.Just beware of where Lake Las Vegas is so you will not be disappointed. This hotel is not for people wanting to go to Las Vegas. This is for folk wanting a quiet time,
3. WiFi - it truly is awful. If the Westin manager is reading this then it will not cost much to get this rectified. I saw other reviews about this issue and they are right. I think these days we expect to get good wifi reception in our rooms and should not have to go to the lobby to get connected. The speed was also not great. Again, as an IT professional I can tell you that this can be rectified without costing that much money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Named one of the "world's best hotels" by Travel + Leisure, The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa offers visitors a 3,600 acre resort with spa, golf course, and fine dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loews Lake Las Vegas Hotel Henderson
- Loews Hotel Henderson
- Loews Resort Henderson
- Loews Henderson
- Henderson Loews