“Nice stay for family”

SpringHill Suites Las Vegas Henderson
Ranked #16 of 26 Hotels in Henderson
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Nice clean and spacious suites which we used during a recent family vacation. We stayed on the way to a Hoover dam tour, and it was perfect for our purposes. The excellent breakfast was a bonus. It was clean, smoke free and appropriately priced.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mary K

Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

We choose this hotel on the last night of our recent Christmas vacation with our 2 kids. We wanted a bit of a distance from the New Year's Eve chaos in Vegas and this worked out just perfectly.
The suite had two very comfortable queen beds, each with it's own adjustable reading lamp and four wonderful pillows. There were two large HD TV's with a TON of channels. More than I've ever seen in a hotel. There was also a sofa with fold-out bed inside, two nice TV tray tables and a nice kitchenette area with fridge, microwave & coffeemaker.
The shower had good pressure, the towels were plush and I loved the mirror over the sink with the nice lighting for putting on makeup.
We enjoyed the warm indoor pool and spa, used the business center to print our boarding passes and appreciated the convenience of the snacks and beverages they sell at the front desk.
The hotel was full, so breakfast was crowded, but staff did its best to keep up with everything and did it all with a smile.
Front desk and housekeeping staff were all friendly and accommodating as well.
There is a large mall right down the road, and many restaurants, activities and casinos nearby. We really enjoyed our stay and would be happy to return!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank LuvTravelin92
Reviewed 30 December 2013

It's a Marriott brand so the reservations & service is above par for hotels in this price range for a full amenities suite which includes free internet, kitchenette, and breakfast [eggs, ham, sausages, cereals, pastry - it's good, better than most]...nice room, great comfy bead, work desk space is good...complaint: put the toilet too close to tub/shower...but overall...great price, nice property in Henderson...so easy park and no Vegas traffic...and, at times, overrun with kids, so check first..

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Neal S
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Stay dates Nov 25 thru 28, 2013 – very mediocre
1. Incorrect room assigned initially – not ADA with roll-in shower - as reserved, and confirmed by phone with hotel (desk attendant) ahead of stay.
2. Still no roll-in shower in re-assigned room, but “low” tub with grab bars.
3. Circular fluorescent light (behind mirror) out – reported on 11/26 a.m. and notated by desk attendant– never repaired.
4. High speed internet cable connector broken (unusable) – reported on 11/26 a.m. and notated by desk attendant – never repaired.
5. Dirty tile floor in bathroom.
6. Insulting call by Manager on 11/26 - regarding service dog in our room, when our reservation clearly stated we would be travelling with a service dog.
BigFisherMan

Room Tip: Suite was just okay
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 November 2013

When I returned back to my room after 3:30 PM my room was not cleaned!! Then I noticed the desk was dirty and room was overall not clean. The internet connection was slow and the wifi signal was low!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ppphoenix07
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We were traveling to Henderson to visit some family. I booked via Hotels.com and made some comments about our stay, requesting a room on a higher floor, a late check-in, and a crib in our room. I called around 9 pm to make sure our room would be held as we would not be getting in until about 1 am. I gave the woman on the phone my name and she said she had no reservation for us. I gave her the info from the confirmation email and she still couldn't find the reservation. Turns out she was spelling our last name wrong even after I spelled it for her using the phonetic alphabet (apparently "T as in Tom" sounded a lot like "P as in Pom" to her). When I arrived at 1:30 am the guy at the front desk was very matter of fact, not very chatty despite my efforts to be upbeat and nice at such an unfriendly hour. Got into our second floor room to find no crib for our 7 month old son.

The breakfast Thursday morning was FANTASTIC! Friday morning it was lackluster and the pastries were stale. Saturday it was limited and not nearly as tasty.

We found a pair of dirty socks shoved under the couch, my son found mildew under the sink, I saw a dead cockroach in the light fixture above the bathroom sink, and white stuff sputtered out of the coffeemaker in the morning when I was using it to make hot water (which was luke warm at best). The carpet was filthy (something only a mother with a small child crawling around would notice).

There was a large crack under the door letting in LOTS of light from the hallway. One night there were 2 guys yelling and running up and down the hallway letting room doors slam. That was the only time we heard other guests.

I told Andrew at the front desk Thursday morning about the lack of crib even though I had requested one, and about 30 minutes later a pack 'n play, blankets, sheet, towels, bath toys, and baby shampoo and body wash arrived at the door, promptly followed by a phone call from Andrew confirming delivery. I truly appreciated the speed of service, the extras to make the baby comfortable, and the follow up phone call!

On Friday morning I tried using the blow dryer and it was broken. I let Andrew know at check out and he apologized for the inconvenience. I just hope it was fixed or replaced before the next person tried to use it.

It was a nicely decorated hotel, and Andrew was super helpful. Overall, we would stay again if there was a reasonable price on the room as it is located less than a mile from our relatives houses.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LaLaMichelle
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed here on the last night of our trip to California before getting home. It was a nice alternative to staying in a Casino and about the same price. We enjoyed not having to walk through smoking areas. The room as very nice and the breakfast was also nice. We used the pool inside, but it was very small.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family