“5 stars for a reason!”

and up
Deluxe Grand Canyon South Rim Airplane Tour
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Fly to the Grand Canyon and enjoy our air or land tours through one of the Seven Wonders of the World. Maverick’s Beech 1900D or Cessna Caravan 208 aircraft will fly you to the Grand Canyon National Park where you will experience one of our elite Grand Canyon air and land tours. You will take pleasure in the awe-inspiring scenery the Southwest has to offer at one of marvels of the world.
Leeds, United Kingdom
72 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 141 helpful votes
“5 stars for a reason!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Fabulous company to use.

We booked online prior to our arrival. We booked the Grand Explorer Tour to the South Rim. From hotel pick up to drop off this company were friendly, professional and clearly knew how to operate smoothly.

It probably wasn't the cheapest company but you certainly get what you pay for.

The check in at the small Henderson airport to landing was seamless, the lovely trolley type bus that picks you up to take you to two stops within the GCNP is fab and you have plenty of time to explore, take pictures and soak up the awesome sight of the South Rim.

The gourmet lunch is fairly basic but to be honest for the afternoon trip you don't really need the food (you set off about 12.30 from your hotel and get back about 7.30/8pm) if you have a hearty breakfast, its just nice to have the snack and a great view to see as you eat.

Highly recommend this company and will def use them again.

Honolulu
“GRAND CANYON EXPLORER TOUR”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Decided to go through Maverick as our daughter did the same trip. Booked through Viator with no problems.
Bus picked us up from hotel promptly, after some further pickups drove to the plane. Pilots were very friendly and took photos for us near the plane and on board in the cockpit. After landing boarded a bus which took us to the south rim of Grand Canyon where we were given lunch and could walk around for 1.5 hours before being picked up onto the next stop. Three stops in all.
Fantastic tour and photos just don't do it justice. Would be lovely to do a longer stopover at the canyon but you would have to do another tour to do that.
Dream come true and amazing views.
Highly recommend Maverick.

Visited May 2014
MaverickHelicopter, Guest Relations Manager at Maverick Airlines, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
We love hearing from our customers and enjoy reading their comments about our Grand Canyon Explorer tour. Thank you for flying Maverick!

Kind Regards,
A Maverick Airlines Team Member
Chester, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Great day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

A very well organised trip. We were collected from the Aria, taken to Henderson and then we were flown up to the South Rim by Toni and Todd.

Both Toni and Todd invited you up to see them and take photos and ask question. The views were stunning and they pointed out everything on the way there and back.

The helicopter ride was fantastic unfortunately I can't remember the pilots name but again very informative on our 30 min flight.

Marion took us in the bus tour and we saw Elk and Deer. At our stop the views were stunning. Marion like cracking a few jokes on the way haha.

I don't want to add any pictures as it won't do it any justice you've got to see it for yourself. I will say though we flew over the West Rim and there is a size difference. It depends on how much time you've got to spare I suppose.

Calgary, Canada
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“South Rim Canyon Dream Tour + Heli was a Dream come true”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you don't have a lot of time in Vegas and you have some money left to spend then this is an excellent day trip. Not cheap but certainly memorable.
After a van pickup you take a flight on a small plane (about 20 seats) to just south of the Grand Canyon. The view of the Hoover Dam was not as good as I hoped but otherwise it was great, including passing by the west rim on the way to the south rim. For our flight the journey was a bit turbulent with some shaking around so I recommend taking some anti-nausea tablets an hour before if it is not a perfectly still day.
After landing we were then taken on a short drive to the Heliport. People not taking the helicopter option were taken to a south rim viewpoint. The helicopter had 8 seats (including pilot's). It was fantastic, definitely the best part of the trip. The helicopter flew over the south rim, up to the north rim and back. It was a smooth ride and had fantastic views.
After that we were driven for nearly 30 minutes, we saw some elk on route, to a lodge where there was some seats outside to eat lunch and a chance to walk a little way on the south rim. Again great views but we had less than an hour there including for eating so there is very little time to look at the grand canyon from the ground. If only the trip could be longer but still it was excellent. We were flown back to Vegas and driven back to our hotel.
We actually booked through Viator for the afternoon trip (2pm with 12:30 pickup) but on the day Maverick handled everything.

1 Thank gary3000
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Canyon Dream Air and Land Tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

A few years ago I did a coach trip to the Grand Canyon from Las Vegas and swore I would never do it again. Upon investigation, Mavericks offered a great package that seemed to combine everyone's needs and they certainly did not disappoint.

We were picked up from our hotel on time and taken to the airport which was well run and the staff were polite and very helpful. The flight crew took great delight in providing information about the area and were more than happy to take photos for everyone once we had landed. I will admit the land tour wasn't as good as I was expecting but the tour guide was very informative and friendly. We had an hour to look around the first stop before hopping back on the bus and heading for the helicopter.

Our pilot was a young Irish man who had a great sense of humour and again, was very informative and we felt very safe throughout the trip.

All in all I would recommend Mavericks for their great service, delivery time and friendly staff However, the cheap side of me admits that I thought the price for the trip was a little high and I didn't like the fact I was also meant to tip the tour guides as I felt I had paid enough for the experience.

Besides my little money gripe I would recommend Mavericks in a heart beat for that once in a life time opportunity

Visited May 2014
MaverickHelicopter, Guest Relations Manager at Maverick Airlines, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on Maverick's Canyon Dream Air and Land Tour.

Thank you for FLYING MAVERICK AIRLINES!
A Maverick Team Member