“Like going home”

Holiday Inn Express Henderson
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Henderson
Reviewed 6 October 2009

I stay at the HIE in Henderson frequently and the staff is always helpful, happy and takes the time to make sure everything is perfect.

I am in hotels nearly 200 nights a year and none are as accommodating as this hotel. I have three company hotels to choose from in the Las Vegas/Henderson area but for me there really is no other choice. I will stay here.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank utskier1961
skibe, GM at Holiday Inn Express Henderson, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2009

On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise regarding your recent stay.

Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding.
Day or Night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

We accommodate many guests each evening and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

Reviewed 8 August 2009

I've been in this hotel since Tuesday, August 8th and will not be returning. I usually stay at the Windham on St. Rose, but they were booked for this trip and chose this location as it's close to my work. As a business travelor, I am up early and to bed late, and like to have coffee available. This hotel has airpots in their dining area and claim to have it available 24 hours a day. I have yet to have a hot (or even warm) cup from them, even at 6:00 am (this morning) when they put their breakfast out. I have had to tell their staff that the coffeepots are either empty or cold, a process that they themselves need to be on top of. Their food service is not in keeping with Clark County Health Department requirements which require them to rotate food replacing nearly empty trays with new, clean full trays. They are taking half full or empty trays back into the kitchen and re-filling them which is a violation of health code. On one of my trips for a cold cup of coffee at about 9:00 am, I passed a cockroach in the hallway about 2 inches long. He has obviously been here for awhile and didn't appear to be afraid of people.

These seem like small issues, but they are important to the business travelor. I don't want the job of supervising the staff to see that they are on top of their food service. Management is not paying attention to the staff's proper food service training. Needless to say, I didn't touch any of the food while I was here, and opted to eat elsewhere.

The staff is very friendly, but they don't really pay attention to what's happening around them. I heard somewhere that the rooms are newly renovated, but if they have been, they've only changed out the carpet. The furniture is pretty dingy in not in keeping with a "newly renovated" boasting. I realize that you get what you pay for, but I've stayed in other hotels in this area of equal cost that have been vastly superior.

I have never had this problem at the Windham, which is probably why they were booked for this week. As I travel here frequently, I will be sure to book my stay at the Windham in advance. If this hotel is not keeping up with simple tasks that are openly identifiable to the guests, I wonder how clean they are behind the scenes where we can't see?

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
skibe, Management at Holiday Inn Express Henderson, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2009

I am very concerned about the problems you experienced during your recent stay with us. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention. We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy. Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken very seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Please be assured that the issues you've raised have been addressed, and the appropriate action has been taken. Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Holiday Inn Express Management.

Reviewed 2 July 2009

My wife and I have just returned from a 4-night stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Henderson, NV. Very quiet with a great staff who helped us with directions, restaurant recommendations, etc. They serve freshly-baked cookies every night and have a great complimentary breakfast each morning -- and not the same thing every morning. Our room was spacious and clean. The housekeeping staff did a wonderful job every day.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nsledge
skibe, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Henderson, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2009

Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding.

Stephen Kibe

Reviewed 23 March 2009

Myself and four kids stayed for a night and we would definitely stay again. We had a suite that was extremely large that had two beds and a sofa. My mistake was that I thought that it was a sofabed but it wasn't. We were able to get an extra blanket no problem so it worked out fine. The pool was really nice though we didn't get to use it because it was too cold and windy. Some improvements that I would suggest for the hotel would be to have more updated exercise equipment such as the treadmill.
It was much cheaper to stay here then it would have been to stay in Vegas on a Saturday night and I was extremely happy to get a really late check out the next day.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Felicity18
Reviewed 27 January 2009

We were attending Las Vegas for a trade show that lasted a week and could not have been happier with the Holiday Inn Express in Henderson. The hotel was an easy 15 to 20 minute drive (with traffic) to the convention center, the strip and the airport. The staff was outstanding - very friendly and accommodating. There was a happy hour Tuesday - Thursday evenings where the food and beverage were a real treat - and as much as you want. We were chosen as their Guest of the Day which entitled us to a basket of goodies and a snapshot on the wall. They really went out of their way to make you feel special. The beds were comfortable, the rooms were clean and the room key card slipped into a slot that worked the AC/Heat, so when you pulled your card out, the unit was turned off - saving energy! There was no gambling there which was good for us. Free parking, free high-speed internet, free breakfast, free weight room, refrigerator, microwave, iron, hairdryer and located within walking distance to East Gate mall - all good!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business