“Nice family resort near Vegas.”

Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Henderson
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at Green Valley Ranch Casino Resort in Henderson, NV. This facility from the interior to the exterior is stunning. The thing I remember the most is the exceptional customer service I received while there. It reminds me of how customer service use to be, in days gone by.Our room was beautifully decorated and very comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who enjoys a resort with world class service. If you are into drinking and parting like there is no tomorrow this is NOT the place to stay. For a relaxing, nice and pleasant stay, this IS where you want to book a room at...

Room Tip: Steakhouse is average, better choices next door at the mall.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank healthphysic
Write a ReviewReviews (2,221)

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa is the perfect place for the person who wants to visit Vegas without the crowds. It offers shopping, gambling, and dining without the crowds and hassle of the Strip. There is also a movie theatre. It seemed popular for the young crowd. Walking through the casino, I thought, "This place is so much quieter than the Strip". My friend said she preferred Green Valley Ranch over Bellagio. Both are great places, but she said the room was nicer here.

Check-in was a bit of a hassle, because there was a sorority arriving on a Wednesday. However, this is no reflection on the hotel. This is just something that no venue can predict/avoid. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Next time I visit Las Vegas, I will be staying in Henderson at Green Valley Ranch.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank LazyProjektor
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed at the 5-story West Tower where the newly renovated rooms are featuring a Mediterranean theme. Check in was quick. We were given a pool view hotel with no additional cost as this room usually has a $20 upgrade fee. There are very few families with little kids and probably because it is away from the Strip.

The room is very nice, clean and spacious with a safe, jet tub, standing shower and single sink. Décor was nice and the bed was comfortable. The property was quiet at night. The grounds are well kept and the building exterior had very nice architecture. The property had plenty of choices to eat like Panda Express, a sub shop, Starbucks, a buffet, a café and other specialty restaurants. It even has Regal movie theaters.

There is also a shopping center across the street called, The District, with shops and more restaurants similar in concept to the Americana in Glendale, CA or Santana Row in San Jose, CA. Many casinos have the smell of cigarette smoke and in this casino, it is noticeable. The main pool was nice but a little small for this property.

Overall, this is a nice hotel. But its sister hotel, Red Rock Resort Casino and Spa is just a tad bit better.

Room Tip: There is a quick way to get to the hotel towers from the 215 parking garage without going through th...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Josh P
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This is a very pretty casino hotel in a great location for non-gamblers to enjoy their stay. Our room had issues which we reported and someone fiexed but issues remained.
I always wonder at why hotel wants doors that won't open and showers that drip constantly to go unrepaired.
The staff is friendly with the exception of the Cafe. That spot has good food and good prices but the lack of any organization or efficient service is bizarre. We waited 10 mins to be seated....no hostess, longer for a server, who actually yelled at us."Doing the best I can". Needless to say, we left resort for all meals after that. Sad, really. WIFI very spotty and you pay a resort fee for it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TucsonSiobbhan
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We were here for almost a week on a business trip. The hotel staff was helpful and courteous. The facilities are very nice and the food in the restaurants is excellent. Great service, good food, clean rooms, everything was just right. We had lots of fun in the casino, this place has the whole package and we would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Leah D
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We visited the hotel from the Strip to see what it was like. Lovely property. Enjoyed the Buffet and a little gambling. Beautiful furnishings throughout the hotel.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Had a late check in and was given a smoking room that smelled absolutely horrible. Was told my room will be changed in the morning so I thought fine I will tough it out for one night. Then found toilet seat stained with urine and bathroom full of shaved hair along with used soap still in the shower. Had to deal with all this at 2 am. I wish I had taken pictures to put on here. Management said ALL the rooms were sold out despite a very quiet and not busy hotel, which tells me that sold out means we don't have enough staff to attend to rooms. The next day was given a nice room but wasn't able to get the room until later in the day. As an apology my resort fee was reversed ($28) which was an even bigger joke compared to all the trouble I had to go through.

The resort looks nice overall and has so much potential if proper customer care and attention would be given. I will not stay at this hotel again and I will recommend the same to everyone I know.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank foozmatic
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Summerlin
Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa

Been to Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!