“Overall it was a good stay, I was disappointed that the pool bleached my brand new bikini and my children's suits.”

Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Henderson
Las vegas
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My experience at the hotel itself was wonderful. I was not satisfied with the wait staff at the Buffett and cafe. We had to wait a long time for our drinks and to get our check. With two antsy kids, the additional waiting was difficult. Also after spending the afternoon in the pool, all of our suits all became bleached and discolored. I was especially disappointed because this was the first pool I wore my new bikini to.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (574)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Girls spa days. This was the best spa experience ever. Tracy gave a wonderful massage, Elaine a facial. Before, in-between and after, we enjoyed the spa pool. It was not loud, crowded and no kids. A much older crowd. Alex was absolutely wonderful about coming around for orders. Once an order was in, it was not long before he was back with it.
The rooms were good size, beds very comfortable, bathroom was great to share with girls. Enough restaurants there and very much in walking distance. We never left the place once we arrived. Best birthday do nothing days ever! All the team players were very friendly, helpful and nice. The lobby was beautiful. The signage was great or we would have been lost more than once. Greg brought our bags within 5 minutes of calling and he got our ice bucket filled as well. He showed all the amenities in the room and asked if we needed anything else. Definitely will return.

Room Tip: all the rooms are great but if you ask for a pool view you get to see the grounds better. We were o...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed 7 August 2014

When my grandmother and parents came down to visit and stayed in the expensive rooms, all was GREAT. They had rooms with patios and it over looked the vineyard and pool. All the rooms and bathrooms are nice really. When I went by myself with kids- we got a room with two queen beds- We were paying 100$ for one night and there was hair left in the shower on the soap holder and wall . . that was super gross. Also the lady with super short hair at the check out was very condescending, and stuck up. Did not like that. . . The customer service from the valet guys, and room service is spectacular.

Also, both times I stayed (once with family, once with just my kids. . the thermostats would be set at 70 and it never felt like the air changed, (almost like they were there just for you to THINK you had control of the temp of your room) I had to sleep without blankets and was not comfortable. It felt more like 80 degrees in the room.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
San Jose, California
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This hotel was nice and clean, but our room was smell of cigarette smoke when air conditioner turn on, our room was leak of water through air conditioner vent due to the rain, the operator was very pleasant and helpful but the front desk lady so rude, unfriendly put us on hold for so long that me and my son left to go down to the front desk to find that the front desk lady just stands doing nothing with her unprofessional tone " what's you need?." Watch out for undisclosed resort fees $28.99 per day + $3 internet ! "for what" one would ask?. Worst front desk experience throughout our 3 days stay, rude and unpleasant, unfriendly . Can not take pictures or video of my children at the pool. Their security guard stopped us from taken picture , i asked why not ? his response was the Russians mobs video inside the casino, so no video/ photo allows anywhere!! Not worth the money.

Room Tip: not worth your money, don't ruin your family trip.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tony H
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Invited friends from out of town and suggested Green Valley Ranch for a nice, relaxing, off strip kick back week in Vegas. I've always had good experiences here and heard nothing but great things about the hotel.
My friends came in from Minneapolis flight delayed, rental car place closed, so they had a long annoying day of traveling and just wanted to get to their room and call it a day.
Once we actually found the hotel lobby my friends were told by Front Desk Agent, Ryan, they had no record of their reservation. After checking the system with another agent named Lisa they still couldn't find their reservation. My friend gave the front desk people his confirmation #s, and still nothing. Ryan then went to the back to chat with manager and left us with the the other agent Lisa. At this point 15 minutes had passed and we decided to show Lisa the email confirmation from Expedia and we let her know there was clearly a mistake on Expedia or Green Valleys end, Lisa snapped, "well this isn't my fault" as if suggesting it was my friends fault that the communication breakdown was on their end and again Lisa says "don't blame me, this isn't my problem. " WHAAAAAAAAAAAT? Now we had been waiting about 30 minutes and it's close to not being friendly time. Finally the other "customer service" agent Ryan returned said he spoke with Expedia and there was obviously a miscommunication. As if to call us liars after showing him two different pieces of documentation with their reservation and confirmation numbers! Ryan topped it off with there will be a $25/day resort fee, and a mandatory $100/hold per on your credit card for "incidentals" for the room. My friend said "so because of all this hassle I'm assuming the least you could do is cover my resort fee or something? " Ryan replies, "sir if you don't like it we can refund your money and you can stay some place else!" Excuse you? Then my friend asks about the $100 day hold on his credit card just to get details, Ryan says "It's mandatory for all hotels in Las Vegas to have a incidental hold for rooms." I step in and say that's a lie, I worked in a casino for 5 years and am very familiar with the ins and outs of hotels/casinos in this town. The incidentals vary from hotel to hotel, some even let you opt out if you're not going to charge anything to the room. Which is what moat people do, I'm not sure if GVR has this option but the very least Ryan the fantastic customer service desk agent could have explained this in detail. Yet he finally gave us the room keys, gave us half wit directions to their room and that wad it. Zero apologies, zero enjoy your stay, zero hint of remorse after 45 minutes of Ryan and Lisa figuring out their mistake which they still probably won't take responsibility for. Complete and total joke, the supervisor or manager never said a word either. With so many other options in this city GVR has to understand the competition is fierce and trust me not only will my friends never set foot in that place again after this trip, neither will I, and will spread the word to keep others away too. My guests fold me they stayed at Circus Circus a few years back (not even close to the quality of Green Valley) and said for what the hotel lacked in beauty and amenities he'd stay there again simply because the staff went out of their way to be helpful. Now I feel bad because I highly recommended my friends stay there, how embarrassing. Nice work Ryan and Lisa. Great start to my guests vacation.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
9 Thank Eric Y
Ohio
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We normally stay on the strip, but we chose Green Valley Ranch because it's about 5 minutes from our daughter's new home. It's part of the Station Casinos chain, which is normally kind of middle-range, but we were astonished by the size and the beauty of this hotel and its grounds. The rooms were large and spotless, although as others have said the furnishings could stand some updating. The bathroom was large and everything worked well. The lobby area was lovely and the pool/spa area is huge and gorgeous. It's connected to a pretty ho-hum casino, but right in the middle of The District, a big shopping/dining development. BE prepared to walk a lot, though. The hotel corridors seem endless, but that's pretty typical for Vegas hotel/resorts. Not a bad trip to the strip or the airport -- about 15 minutes except around 5 p.m., when the freeway is pretty jammed up. If you book, watch for the added resort fee. Not unusual in Vegas, but it does add to the listed rate for the room (although the resort fee gets you free Wi-Fi).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Schaumburg, IL
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Rooms are average. Pool is nice but small. Resort fee is $25, the highest in Las Vegas. For your $25 you don't get much, definitely not worth it. Coffee delivered to the room costs $20 for 2 people!! Ridiculous. They automatically add the tip onto everything whether you like it or not. Drinks at the pool are very expensive and you have to go get them yourself because the waitresses don't come around. I think they are understaffed. AND you have to tip at the pool even if you get your own drinks (the tip is automatic).
For being an off strip property, it's way way overpriced.
You do not get any food/drinks/show/room comps even though you gamble there for an entire week. They do not give you anything.
We will not stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Summerlin
Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa
The Mirage Hotel & Casino
#48 of 262 in Las Vegas
ARIA Resort & Casino
#14 of 262 in Las Vegas
Signature at MGM Grand
#11 of 262 in Las Vegas

Been to Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!