Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Henderson
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I visited Green Valley in April for a conference and came back for a few days of rest. I really enjoy this resort as it is never crowded.Service is pleasant and there is a movie theater and shopping center within steps of the casino. It is reasonable to stay, eat and drink here. There is a scheduled shuttle that you can take to the strip or airport. Yes, the $28 resort fee is high, but you get wifi and the pool is lovely. The martini happy hour at Hanks is super! Rooms are average, but clean.
Worth the visit and I would come again!

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Marianne11209
Write a ReviewReviews (2,190)

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We will definitely stay here again! What a beautiful property. It turns out all of the big hotels charge a "Resort Fee" I don't like it, but it's the way it is. You just have to get over it!!!! One thing I really appreciated about the hotel was it was CLEAN! The room was beautiful and clean! The pool area was amazing and in my opinion underutilized. We loved the fact that the hotel wasn't on the strip. We've stayed in the craziness and we felt that this was much better. One thing that we would have liked would be nice music to dance to. Even better would have been nice music to dance to out on the patio by the pool. That would have been soooo Romantic! My only wish would have been the food... I think they could upgrade the quality.

Room Tip: I thought this hotel was amazingly quiet. I never heard another person or a door close. I really l...
1  Thank Eve M
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This was our first visit to this property. We wanted to stay away from the strip....Beautiful hotel inside and out. Loved the pool area...very impressed with this property. The only downfall..was the shower....large enough...just didn't have anywhere to shave my legs.

Room Tip: Long walk to the east tower.
1  Thank rocklady55
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Very nice place, stayed for 2 nights. When we checked we were advised the package deal we purchased included the expensive resort fee $28 per night. We enjoyed all the amenities.

Time to leave, since they charge you $100 per day for extras and credit you when nots used, I wanted to personally check out to make sure everything was correct. Received our final bill and was changed two days resort fee, I explained and GEHIC the check out clerk basically told me too bad that I misunderstood, my fried verified the whole conversation and he just shrugged his shoulders.

Nice place, but this type of attitude is not worth it, too many nice places in Henderson, NV.
When checking, get everything in writing, probably won't help but.

I highly recommend another hotel that doesn't have to use the "bait and switch" scam.

Rooms are nice but the AC system is not adequate when temperatures are in the triple digits range.

Room Tip: Rooms are nice. AC is not adequate. Resort fee per day is extremely high compared to other hotels i...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Krafty91384
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Located in Henderson Nevada Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa is a hotel, casino and resort spa. My wife and I have family in Henderson and was introduced to the resort by them. Although a favorite for locals Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa is now our second home. All of the hotel staff from front desk to house cleaning exhibit great customer service, friendliness and attention to detail. The pool and spa are fabulous and we could not be more impressed. We enjoyed an excellent room overlooking the pool. We had a great time in the casino and enjoyed many nights at Hanks during happy hour at the piano bar. We enjoyed the pool and the excellent service poolside for drinks and food. Gambling is great with lower table minimums. This is our 3rd visit to the resort and we definitely will be back year after year.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I would definitely return to this resort if I was in the area. Our room was on the 7th floor of the East Tower. We had a tub and separate shower. The shampoos, soaps, etc. were larger than normal and I liked the atmosphere of the room....kind of Italian motiff. We did not use the pool (we will next time) but did lie on the covered beds (with fluffy pillows) in the pool area around 9pm....this was lovely. We ate supper at the Grand Cafe and had sandwiches. Our bill was approx. $22 and the food was super. Our room came with breakfast and that was in the "Feast Buffet". What a buffet that was....it had everything you could ever hope for including dessert for breakfast. The cost was $9.99 if not included with your room.

You can spend more money if you want. They have private areas you can rent by the pool. Too expensive for us though. But there is very adequate room and sitting areas by the pool.

We took advantage of the valet parking which is included in the resort fee. Yes, the resort fee is approx. $28, but when you consider the valet parking and the pool which actually has sand like a beach, I can accept it.

So, in conclusion this resort gives one a "special" feeling and people there all looked contented and happy. And I appreciated the fact that there were nickel slot machines that actually let you win once in a while.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the pool.
2  Thank Larry B
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We were at GVR several years ago. Passed it going to the Hoover Dam and decided to stop and gamble on our way back to the strip; made a mental note that the next time we were in the Vegas area, we'd stay there instead of the strip. It is much cleaner than the strip and the cafe had really good food. HOWEVER, we booked our room several weeks in advance and immediately received an email telling us for a minimal charge we could upgrade to a balcony so we went for it. The balcony consisted of an area overlooking the roof, unless you leaned really far forward and looked to the west and then you could see a palm tree. Visited w/ the desk staff about it and naturally, there wasn't another room available, nor did they seem to care that our balcony view was the roof.
I'm pretty comfortable saying they knew what they were doing by offering us a balcony room overlooking the roof based upon their response to us asking for another room. Felt like the whole thing was a set up. They offer Wi-Fi but had a hard time connecting to it. (of course you can pay extra for the "good" Wi-Fi). Don't be confused about the pool areas you see on their website because you can't access the majority of them unless you want to pay a minimum fee for a chair and bar/food. You can set in the general lounge chairs for free but if you want to cozier ones, bring your $$. Some of the areas are a $150 charge, the others are $300. . You also can't bring any food or drinks to the pool area, you have to pay for theirs. You pay a $25.00 per day resort fee which gains you access to the spa but of course the days we were there, the spa was closed. An all around disappointment for us.

Room Tip: If you are offered a room w/ a balcony, make darn sure of what you're getting because there are...
2  Thank LauryJean
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Summerlin
Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa

Been to Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!