“Hidden gem”

GreenLeadersGold level
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

I visited the spa and had a massage. I was greeted by the front desk staff as well as the manager, who were both extremely friendly. I was given a tour of the facilities by an equally friendly spa attendant. The spa is relatively small compared to most spas here in vegas, but it had all of the amenities as any other spa would. Carlos, my massage therapist, picked me up right on time and escorted me to the massage room. He asked me questions before the massage to get a better understanding of what areas to focus on as well as which areas to avoid. He did just that and with amazing skill. Even though I had a deep tissue massage, I never felt sore after. He was extremely friendly and we had a great chat during the massage, which I initiated. He found areas on me that were so tense and sore that I didn't even realize was a problem to begin with. Overall, excellent spa. I will definitely be a repeat guest.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Michael M, Manager at Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thanks you for taking the to post your visit with the Ravella Spa, I am happy to see you were abel to get a full experience our facility.

I will be sure to share your reveiw with the Spa Manager and Carlos.

We look forward to seeing you again soon

Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Amazing little peace of heaven about half hour out of Vegas. Originally a Ritz Carlton, it is now stands as a hilton ghost town but be aware, this creates peace and tranquility for families with kids wanting resort style luxury without the madness of a busy hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time post your stay with us, it is always great to read when we have IMPRESSED our guest.

We look forward to seeing you soon

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

My review might be biased after knowing this hotel used to be the Ritz Carlton.

Let me start with the price; today I checked the price per night is only $97 and at the time I was there was $139 plus $20 up grade and $18 resort fee. Honestly the prized is a steal for this quality hotel.

The structure is amazing, the back yard garden is iconic, the view n surrounding is astonishing.

I up graded to the lake view room, the view is picturesque of the Lake Las Vegas. The room is excellent.

Note: if you have small children do not choose the room on the bridge.
A. It's a serious walking and winding from lobby to the room
B. Its very dangerous to stay at the top floor as the window can be wide open n only less than knee high from floor; any one can easily plunge into the lake from 5th floor-very very dangerous.

Eventhough I gave 5 stars rating, a lot of things can be improved

Here are few negatives:

1. Room service only up to 11pm
No restaurant or convenient store in the Lake Las vicinity (not sure after the Casino re-open in May 2014)
Be prepared with a lot of foods is you are a night owl.

2. No bath rope
3. No window safety for those who stay on the bridge at the fifth floor.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
I appreciate the review of your recent experience at our hotel, many guests do very much enjoy the serenity of Lake Las Vegas, and stunning veiws.

As we continue our transition into a new Hilton property we are constantly looking for way to imrove our guest experience, thank you for your valued input and suggestions.

You will see great improvements on your next visit .

Colorado
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Arriving at 5pm, the pool is closed for swimming and all the kids congregate in the hot tub. In the room, the bathroom sink has a large crack that is a sieve when shaving (crack looks as old as the building before renovation). The entire room looks dingy because of its decoration and wall colors. The snack bar is not for eating a decent burger (patty warmed up in the microwave). Chose to relax at the only place where kids were not screaming and yelling, the "beach". The life guard could not control the 10+ children who congregated throwing sand, turning over kayaks and bullying each other. No responsible parents in sight. The entire staff appears uninterested and certain ones frustrated. The shuttle driver was aloof and unfriendly with his remarks. Waited for a taxi forever to take us to the stip. The next day, the pools closed at 4pm due to weddings. We will never return.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. I appreciate your honesty. We look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest room is an area we are actively examining. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share.
Irvine, California
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Our family stayed here this past week and we were pleasantly surprised. Yes, as a few of the other reviews say, staffing seemed a bit low, but nothing that caused our stay to be less enjoyable. Irene at the front desk was very helpful and always with had a smile. We had a great view of the lake in a very luxurious room. The building and and grounds are quite stunning and the Hilton has maintained the feeling of the Ritz Carlton that it once was.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Michael M, Manager at Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us, it is always great to hear when employees hazve Impressed Our Guest.

I will be share to share your Kudos with Irene.

Hope to see you soon
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The experience was not at all pleasant from the beginning. Had to wait more than 3 hours for a pet-friendly room. Bed was not comfy. They ran out of towels at the pool. Some other guest was nice enough to give me one of her clean ones. They don't tell you it is not a breakfast buffet on the weekdays. At check out, I was the next one in line, but the front desk supervisor looked right past me and called the couple behind me. How rude, I felt discriminated against b/c I'm not Caucasian.

• Stayed April 2014
I appreciate the review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service. I have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience a hopefully improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We absolutely loved this hotel, its setting, our room and view! We had a king suite with an amazing view of Lake Las Vegas. Beautiful place for relaxing. Away from the business of Vegas. Adjacent "village" is nice for a stroll and eating.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Michael M, Manager at Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, many guests do very much enjoy the serenity of Lake Las Vegas, and find the drive to the Strip a short one.

We hope to see you soon

Michael
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas
Hard Rock Hotel and Casino
#77 of 263 in Las Vegas
The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa
Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa

Been to Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!