“Peaceful, Relaxing, and Quiet!!”

Aston MonteLago Village Resort
Ranked #21 of 26 Hotels in Henderson
Reviewed 20 February 2014

My wife and I took a 'babymoon' to Vegas. We just wanted something nice and relaxing, but not too far from the attractions. This was PERFECT! We loved just walking around the resort. They do such a great job keeping the grounds clean. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JandBW9988
MonteLagoAston, Team Aston MonteLago at Aston MonteLago Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear JandBW9988,

Thank you so much for your feedback on our resort. We hope that you come back in the near future. We have great summer events going on.

Come and visit us soon!

Your friends at Aston!

Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

It was the first night of my 3-day stay in the Las Vegas area, and I was unexpectedly faced with having to find a hotel room. Worn out from flying and driving, I found an online deal for this hotel, and went ahead and booked a room, not knowing too much about the place, but hoping I'd made the right decision.

When I arrived, I couldn't believe how luxurious this hotel looked! On top of that, I walked into my room expecting just a standard hotel room, but it was a suite! And because the hotel was nice and quiet, I slept very comfortably and awoke the next morning feeling rested and ready to continue my journey.

As far as negatives, the TV's in my suite were old-fashioned box sets, and the coffee pot didn't work. No big deal, though. The suite was clean and beautiful. I really wanted to stay another night, but I needed to get on the road.

Lastly, my only real complaint was concerning check-in. I'd booked my stay online, but when I tried to call to confirm my reservation, I had quite a bit of trouble with the desk clerk. It tries before getting her to answer the phone. When she did answer, she'd put me on hold, then forget about me, so I had to call and call, then beg her to quit making me wait so long for service. I was exhausted from traveling, and quite upset about being treated this way. This is the sole reason why I didn't give this place a 5-star rating. Other than that, my stay was wonderful, and I hope to be back soon.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank ChadFilbin

Dear ChadFilbin,

Thank you so much for your review. We are happy to advise that we are getting new flat screens in our units.

We are so sorry about the phone issues with our reservations team and will review this with our team.

Your friends at Aston

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Went to the Aston for a going away overnighter with 5 other co-workers. The property itself is beautiful and the views from my room of the sunset were breathtaking. You really thought you were not in Las Vegas anymore.
We had a 2 bedroom suite and it was very nice. The master shared its balcony with the living room and the second bedroom had it own private balcony. Our room faced the lake and it was a wonderful site to sit out there and enjoy the sunset while drinking wine and then having coffee in the morning.
The kitchen seemed to be missing some basics like dish towels and some basic utensils (more trash bags) and bake ware but otherwise the appliances and space was wonderful and very convenient. We cooked dinner and breakfast and it was truly a wonderful time.
The sofa bed pullout was pretty uncomfortable, I could feel the springs in my back. I know that there are better sofa beds out there and with such a beautiful room and resort they should probably invest in one.
The staff was outstanding. They called us the evening we got there to make sure everything was ok. We asked for more bath towels and some dish towels and they promptly brought them up.
We went for a morning 2 mile walk and it was just absolutely gorgeous, the surrounding golf course (which is closed) makes for a wonderful path to walk along the lake.
I know people complained about the surrounding amenities but we were not interested in gambling, shopping or eating out. We simply came to enjoy our time with friends, cook, have some drinks, and relax. It was a total mission accomplished for us. There really isn't much around so it was perfect for us, no highways to hear cars from, shopping centers...it pretty secluded but that's the way we wanted it and liked it.
I would definitely go back!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Isabel C

Dear CbnCampy,

Thank you so much for your review. We are so sorry that about the issues listed and we certainly are addressing.

We invite you and your co-workers back in the near future. We would love having you here again.

Have a great weekend!

Your friends at Aston!

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Overall we enjoyed our stay at the Aston but way overpaid considering the limited services the resort has now. The on-site casino has closed along with most of the shops and restaurants in the village significantly limiting the amenities of the resort. The resort charges $23 a day resort fee but both pools were closed at the Viera which we should have been clearly told up front. They could have kept one of the pools open or at least the Jacuzzi to allow the guests some of the standard features. The local golf course adjacent is closed and the minimum is being done to maintain it. We stayed in the Viera: 2-Bedroom 2-Bath Lake View Suite which was very nice and a good size but the furnishings are getting old. The resort is nice with a wonderful view of the lake but is not worth $200+/night that they charge plus the resort fee.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank JohnPSanDiego
Reviewed 30 December 2013

This is a tough one because this place could be awesome. First the good stuff. We stayed in a 3 bedroom Viera condo. It was an excellent condo, large, clean, comfortable, great furniture, big kitchen, comfortable beds, and very attentive maid service. The room itself felt like a five star hotel to me. I was very pleased with the price I paid as well; it was a very good value.

The restaurants in the village were all very good (although maybe just a little pricy but that is to be expected). Unfortunately, many of the shops in the village were closed, but the village still has a nice comfortable feel to it.

Having said all that there were a few things that left me kind of “shaking my head”. The Montelago web site said “The Viera Pool is closed for renovations through Friday January 31, 2014. The Luna di Lusso Pool will remain open”. When we booked the Vierra we asked if we’d be able to use the Luna di Lusso pool and were assured that we could. Once there, we asked about the Luna di Lusso pool and were told we couldn't use it. It was very disappointing that a place of this quality would not be straight up about the amenities. The really crazy thing is that they weren't renovating the pool at all, in fact it looked perfect. It was just closed.

The Montelago web site says that there is golf nearby. Hmmm, yeah, kind of. The Reflection Bay and The Falls golf courses are, sadly, closed. The website says that guests have access to the Southshore golf course. However, when I called the Southshore course they were not exactly “inviting”… in fact, down right rude. There are plenty of good courses in the Boulder and Henderson areas but if you’re a golfer Lake Las Vegas may not be the place for you (apparently there are plans to renovate the golf courses at some point).

The Montelago web site says there is casino gambling nearby. Hmmm, yeah, kind of. The Lake Las Vegas casinos are closed. The nearest casino is about 15 minutes away.

Once again, I can’t say enough about how nice and what a great value the condo was. But, don’t go expecting all the amenities of a high end resort. If you go expecting a nice room in a quiet relaxing area I think you might be very pleased.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank RSS111
MonteLagoAston, Team Aston Montelago at Aston MonteLago Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear RSS111,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our resort. We are so sorry on the issues with the pool closure, etc. These things are managed by the HOA.

Fortunately we have them open and operating again. Our casino and the reflection bay golf course is due to re-open this year.

We invite you back in the future to experience the resort again. We appreciate the feedback on the rooms and your stay.

Your friends at Aston

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Booked this trip through Groupon. Was supposed to receive meal, drink and casino voucher package. When we arrived the casino and many shops in the village were out if business. We went to room and had no hot water. Called down to the desk and they wanted us to fix it with the breaker panel. Husband tried but still no hot water. They switched us to the fourth floor knowing the whole building had no hot water (boiler problem). I called to speak to a manager, but no manager was on duty (it was Thanksgiving so maybe that is understandable). Woke up at 7am and went to front desk to speak to manager but still no manager on duty. Bianca, girl at desk, promised me full refund once manager arrived. She said manager would be there at 9am. I patiently waited, wasting my precious vacation time. 1045 am still no manager on duty. Was told manager would call me when she arrived but never got a call. When I called her she was very unprofessional stating she can come to work whenever she pleases because she is a manager. Also stated that November 29 is a holiday, so we were lucky any manager was on duty. Funny thing was banks and post offices were open. Being in the hotel business, a manager should always be on duty, especially during busy times such as holidays! Never got my problem resolved. Charged me twice for my room and wouldn't waive resort charges even though they had nothing they advertised nor hit water. The management needs fired and a more professional, courteous staff needs to be rehired. Also, they need to staff a manager at all times!

• Stayed: November 2013
12  Thank Jmah16
MonteLagoAston, Aston Montelago Team at Aston MonteLago Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Jmah16,

Thank you so much for your feedback on our resort. We are so sorry that our resort fell short of your expectations during your stay. We have communicated your concerns to the proper team members and they are working to ensure these issues were resolved.

We are a Condo Hotel and oftentimes we have to rely on a third party for maintenance issues that are out of our control. Since you booked with a third party, the hotel team kindly advised you to contact them for a refund. Being that you didn't directly pay us, we wouldn't be able to return any funds to you. However, upon contacting the party you booked with, we are happy to refund you for your inconveniences as promised.

There is always a Manager on Duty and we are so sorry that we fell short of your expectations. Due to the vulgar language and behavior of your party, our team was unsuccessful in assisting you and kindly directed you to the property General Manager for further assistance.

We strive to make sure all of our guests are satisfied. As the other reviews advise, we take pride in providing a great stay to everyone.

Happy Holidays!

Aston Montelago Team

Reviewed 16 November 2013

We loved our quiet stay at the MoneLago Village Resort. We had dinner at a small French bistro overlooking the lake. The lake didn't smell funny at all to us. Also, the bed was fine with me, since I have a bad back and prefer a firm mattress. The whole place was empty. We felt like we were privileged residents in a world that was closed off from the hustle and bustle from the strip, yet they offer a shuttle to the strip if you want. The casino closed right after our stay, is what I read online. The kitchenette was modern and nice. The balcony was like architecture from an Italian villa, with views of the mountains. The walkway across the lake was just beautiful, especially in the evening. Also, there was nobody around except for the restaurants (the pub wasn't open on that particular day). My grandmother used to live in Henderson, so I appreciated the quiet and the 'home away from home.' The parking garage felt secure and the cleaning staff showed up to take care of a request right away. This was a very romantic spot, although we were there to see family. I am planning to go again. They honored a discounted rate through an online reservation made in advance. The manager was very kind about explaining everything, since I had booked online and needed his assistance. I highly recommend Hotel MonteLago. I hope it stays in Henderson forever. It's really a beautiful, master planned community. It looks like brand new to me! This is how I picture an Italian village. We loved every aspect of our stay and stopped off for coffee in the "village" before heading back home. Everybody was nice, from the HR lady (we accidentally popped into her office instead of the reservation desk) to the cleaning person. You can't go wrong staying here, especially if you want a nice quiet night's sleep away from the strip.

Room Tip: Don't forget to bring a bathing suit, as I did!! In my opinion, a ground room is just as nice a...