“best place to eat great mexican food”
Review of Chevys Fresh Mex - CLOSED

Chevys Fresh Mex
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 27 September 2012 via mobile

had a great time the staff was very polite very good food love the sgrimp and crab enchladas just a great time and place to be

Reviewed 22 June 2012

The server went out of her way to make sure my cousin didn't get an ingredient she was allergic to. Ane they gave our grandaughter dough to play with. She was in heaven! And, as always, the food was really good.

Reviewed 9 March 2012

First, they changed the menu and because of the dark yellow background you can barely read it. Secondly, when the food came I expected it to be the same - namely, shredded beef tacos. They were ground beef. I asked the server and she told me that they had NEVER had shredded beef; which I know isn't true because I don't eat ground beef tacos (long story why). Anyway, my husband works with someone who used to be a server at Chevys and he told him that yes, they always had shredded beef. I guess their cost cutting measures extend to the fact that ground beef is cheaper. Will never go back unless they change back to the shredded beef. I still don't know why the server lied and told me that they never had shredded beef, unless she was instructed to do so.

Reviewed 2 December 2011

This restaurant can be hard to find if you don't know it is at the main south entrance to the Galleria Mall. It had been many years since we had eaten there but we had a good coupon. We were seated quickly although I was surprised by how busy they were early on a Wednesday night. The decor is nice and they have a number of "rooms" which breaks up the feel of what is actually a fairly large restaurant. One detracting factor is that the red vinyl cover on our table had a number of cuts in it.
The service was good, but the server always came up from behind the corner of the table where my wife and I were sitting, forcing us to turn around to look at him.
She had shrimp and beef fajitas which were pretty good.
I had a combination plate. I liked the chili relleno, but would would try chicken or cheese enchiladas and tamales instead of the beef and pork ones I had. Neither of us thought much of rice or the pinto beans.

Reviewed 2 August 2011

We eat here anytime we head to Vegas area. They have wonderful salsa and good margaritas! We always opt for the open seating in the bar area, where the wait staff is friendly and food service is always quick.