“First time here, pretty good.”

Momoyama Sushi & Japanese
Ranked #117 of 704 Restaurants in Henderson
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I don't really eat Sushi but I do like a California Roll. I stopped in this place as I was in the area runnin an errand for my wife. I was there a little early and there were only 2 other people eating there when I arrived. Several people came in while I was waiting for my order.

The Sushi bar looked very clean and the people behind the counter looked like they really know what they are doing.

I liked the atmosphere of the restaurant even though my order was to go. Everything was fresh and I was happy with my California Roll.

Momo Sushi seems like a great place for lunch. My 8 piece roll was under $6.00. Thank you Momo Sushi for a plesent change of pace lunch.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

I have tried 13 different sushi restaurants in Vegas and I have been disappointed by all but 1. Momoyama Sushi was number 14, and now I have two that I'm OK with. Firstly, this is the first sushi place I have been in Vegas where the employees and sushi chefs are actually speaking Japanese. The service was quick and constant. The food was good.

It was my birthday so I splurged and had a $50 dollar meal without alcohol. Had a seaweed salad with octopus. Seaweed was good, but the octopus had clearly been frozen. I was told my sushi chef that Friday afternoon is when they get their fresh fish in and that is the best time to come. I went on a Thursday do I got the last of the octopus and it had lost most of its flavor.

The spicy halibut sushi was on special and I had two orders. It was fantastic. Nice flavor and good spice. Highly recommend it.

Had a rainbow roll and disappointed. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't anything special. It was very generic and a waste of time to order.

The crazy roll I order was very good. Large portion, nice and crunchy, and just bursting with flavor, I would recommend this roll to anyone.

Overall, I enjoyed the place and will return. If you are caught in the retail hell around Sunset and Stephanie swing into Momoyami for an escape from the pavement and have yourself some good sushi.

Reviewed 20 February 2013

Stopped in here for a quick roll. The sushi was awesome. Got my order to go and it was very quick. The staff was very nice. Wish I could have stayed to eat, the atmosphere looked great.

Reviewed 20 December 2012

I tried this place on a whim while running Saturday errands. What luck! It was a bright busy day in Henderson so the calm atmosphere of this cozy place was soothing. I was alone so I sat at the sushi bar. The chef had time to help me decide from the huge array of rolls. I decided on the 69 and it was a great choice. Unlike other rolls I have had this one not only had fish inside it but was also topped with four different kinds of fish. The sauce that came with it was unique and tasty. The fish was wonderfully fresh. I will definitely return. It will take a long time to eat my way through this menu.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

All I've had is California Sushi, so this was a first for me. We all had sushi and it was very good and tastefully presented. Also, very nicely priced.