“We went Coney Island style”
Review of Detroit Motorcity Coney Is HM - CLOSED

Detroit Motorcity Coney Is HM
Reviewed 3 November 2012

This restaurant is covered from wall to wall to ceiling with Detroit memorabilia. A single person was working on Saturday afternoon and we were her only customer. We each decided on Coney Island style – a natural casing hot dog served on a steamed bun topped with all-meat chili, onions, and yellow mustard. There was a good crunch to the hot dog and chili was excellent. We also shared a Faygo, “The Original Party Pop”, diet root beer that was also very good.

Reviewed 14 May 2012 via mobile

Good chili dogs and fries the Detroit style is different than the Flint and Jackson style but still very good. The have every thing michigan nice people and fanta pop ect you will enjoy

Reviewed 13 September 2011

I grew up in Michigan. I have eaten at Layfayette, American, Angelo's and Sparty's. The point is, I have eaten a few coney's in my day. So, I was curious if this little place could compare. Good news! It does! The place is small, maybe seating 30, with a few outdoor tables. You order at a counter and take a seat. There isn't much time to soak in the ambience (which is supplied by Michigan sports team memorabilia) before the food arrives. I wouldn't eat a hot dog if it was the last food on earth, so my go to menu item is the loose hamburg. It was tasty and the sauce had traditional flavor. With a Vernor's to drink, I felt like I was back home! There isn't much else in downtown Henderson so serve as a draw, but they appear to be trying to refresh the area. If you're in the area, it's worth a try.