“For those not wanting the hassles of the crazies on the strip”

Sunset Station Hotel and Casino
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Henderson
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“For those not wanting the hassles of the crazies on the strip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Sunset is a great Vegas Casino and Hotel for those of us more "middle aged" folks, that aren't into the let's get drunk and party scene.
We go to gamble, whether it be table games, video poker or slots. There is a huge selection of all three and a Bingo Hall.
They have many things for families too, with a bowling alley, movie theater, arcade and day care. And the pool is very nice.
For food choices, all of the restaurants are excellent and reasonably priced. They have a food court for more of the fast food options.
The Hotel rooms are above average, and other than the shower head being placed for not so tall folks, very comfortable and well maintained.
It's across the street from a huge shopping mall and only about 10 miles from the strip if you do desire to go there.
Everyone of the employees from the Valet - Front Desk - Housekeeping - Bartenders - Wait Staff - Floor Staff and Security are friendly, helpful and make you feel welcome.
I would recommend this Hotel Casino - and I have to anyone looking for the Vegas feel and experience but not all the drama.

Room Tip: The petite suite comes with a couch and more space if you will be there for a few days it makes it m...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank LindaH_Minnesota
Adam S, Manager at Sunset Station Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you for choosing Sunset Station Hotel and Casino as your place to stay when visiting Las Vegas. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you again in the near future.

Thank you once again.

Hotel Manager - Sunset Station Hotel and Casino

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Sun City, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

My wife and I left the poor gambling on the strip years ago. We discovered Sunset Station and have been staying there ever since. I was reminded of it this weekend when I stayed there for a convention I was speaking at. The rooms are uber-clean, and good sized. There are 8 restaurants on grounds, and they have a nice food court, although I noticed a couple of places have departed. Beds are comfortable, plenty of hot water in the shower, and it's quiet. The hotel sits away from the casino.
If you're a gambler, it's got some of the best video poker in Vegas. Tons of VP machines... lots of slots too. No, it's not the Palms or any of the really chic hotels that charge $300 a night. A little older crowd, and the locals love it. The only problem I see with it is the resort fee they charge. You get access to the health club on the 2nd floor with it, but little else. No free Wi-Fi, no newspaper in the morning, no coffee in the rooms. And they could stand to add a few more channels on the TV...you get the locals and few cable channels, but that's about it. If you're looking for a great alternative to the Strip hotels...this is it!

Room Tip: They try to upsell you to an "upgraded" room for $25 a night. Don't do it unless you r...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Rich H
Thank you for staying with us at Sunset Station Hotel and Casino. We realize that you have many options when choosing a hotel in the Las Vegas area and value your feedback.

If you would like to contact me directly to discuss the aminities in the rooms, I can be reached at adam.simon@stationcasinos.com.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Rooms are clean and reasonably priced. Absolutely no front desk service so plan accordingly. I have stayed here a lot and there is never more than one employee at the front desk and always a line. It's not a show stopper but definitely worth keeping in mind, check in or out, even just getting a new key is a 20 minute to an hour wait

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Jayzi99
Adam S, Manager at Sunset Station Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank you for staying with us at Sunset Station Hotel and Casino. Please allow me to sincerely apologize for the lines when you came to the Front Desk.

If you would like to contact me directly to discuss this in greater detail, I can be reached at adam.simon@stationcasinos.com.

Falmouth, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

I have a son and this is his favorite hotel (because of poker tables downstairs) in Henderson where he stays a lot for work. Decent size rooms, but they lack the most basic necessity like a small computer desk. They have very small round tables in the largest double rooms, but too small to do any work for one person…no less two. My biggest complaint was how filthy the rooms were. Everything in the two different rooms we stayed in was covered in an incredible amount of lint and dust. It blows out of the air/heat system all over your clothes. The bed linens are covered in it. It is ridiculous….they have a real serious problem somewhere in the laundry and/or air system. If it was not for that I would have rated this room average instead of poor. They have restaurant downstairs that serves decent breakfast for a good price, but if you need to go to the restroom, you have to take a 10 minute hike into the casino to find the nearest one!!! Also, beware that you cannot come in or out of building or go to or up elevators without a room card shown to security guard which gets really annoying and makes you wonder that there must be some real crime problems here. Also the Henderson police are notoriously ticket happy and will pull you over for anything to write a ticket, and that alone is worth not staying in Henderson for.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank bmk1459
Adam S, Manager at Sunset Station Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you for choosing Sunset Station Hotel and Casino as your place to stay during your visit to Las Vegas. We realize that you have many options and we value your business.

Please all me to personally apologize for the rooms not being satisfactory. If you would like to contact me directly, I can be reached via email at adam.simon@stationcasinos.com.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

Evansville, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

When my husband and I stay in Vegas we always stay at Sunset Station. It has such easy access to the freeway without the noise. Across the road is the mall with Dillards, Macys etc. Also Walmart and Urgent care.
We have always been happy there. However this time the room we got wasn't as nice as usual. I should have checked it out first. The furniture was a little banged up. And the view was of rooftops. My suggestion is to view the room first then ask for a different one if not satisfied.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank SJS6500
Thank you for staying with us once again at Sunset Station Hotel and Casino. Please accept our sincere apology for the room not being satisfactory this time around.

If you would like to contact me directly, I can be reached by email at adam.simon@stationcasinos.com, and we can review your reservation in detail.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

Reynoldsburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Staying overnight ready to pick up family at airport the next morning, we were quite pleased with this choice of casino....from the welcome at registration, large lighted parking lot, security guard at the door checking room keys, wonderful dinner at the cafe, nice NON SMOKING area of slot machines to the beautiful room with king size bed and all the "comforts of home"...We were very pleased and would DEFINITELY stay here again

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank n6a2n4c5y
Adam S, Manager at Sunset Station Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
I would like to personally thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sunset Station Hotel and Casino. We appreciate your kind words and hope to see you here again in the near future.

Again, thank you for your feedback.

Hotel Manager - Sunset Station Hotel and Caisno
Algonquin, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

The staff here is very rude and ignorant! Booked a smoking room for 5 days, get to the hotel and I was given a non smoking room,I was told smoking rooms are just a preference not a guarantee that I could stay in a smoking room for one night only because it was booked for someone else the next night!!!! That to me means that is a guarantee for that person but not me, bs!! Was told by the security guard that a lot of people complain that the staff is very rude.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Sleato
Adam S, Manager at Sunset Station Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank you for choosing Sunset Station Hotel and Casino. I am aware that you have many options and we value your business.

I would like to sincerely apologize for any confusion regarding the room type of you reservation. If you would like to contact me directly, I can be reached at adam.simon@stationcasinos.com so that we can look into the specifics of your reservation.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope we are given the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Hotel Manager - Sunset Station Hotel and Casino
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Fiesta Henderson Casino Hotel
Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa
Comfort Inn & Suites Henderson
BEST WESTERN PLUS St. Rose Pkwy/Las Vegas South Hotel
BEST WESTERN PLUS Henderson Hotel
Sam's Town Hotel and Gambling Hall

Been to Sunset Station Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!