Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino
Parkside Inn at Incline(Incline Village)
US$148
Orbitz.com
US$89
Travelocity
US$63
US$61
Ferrari's Crown Resort(Kings Beach)(Great Value!)
US$105
No availability for your dates from our partners
Club Tahoe Resort(Incline Village)
  • Pool
Holiday House(Tahoe Vista)
2,574 results
All reviewsprivate beachfire pitlake tahoediamond peaklone eagle grillglass of champagnesierra cafethe main hotelnorth shorethe cottagesheated poolbeautiful propertyvalet parkingupon checklong weekendresort feemountain view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The hotel is on the north shore of Lake Tahoe. We were there is January, and normally the place would be covered by snow. However, 2014 was a terrible winter for the area, so there was very little snow. The pool is pretty cool with a small indoor portion where you can ease yourself into the water (however, the changing facilities are limited).

The bar is large and can accommodate big groups (we had one for a wedding).

There was a room set up with a DVD and large screen playing "Planes" for the kids.

We had adjoining rooms in the cottages at the lakeside. These were comfortable. I'm am always amazed, though, at how expensive winter ski lodging is, and this was no exception.

One issue with housekeeping: we had called in the morning to have the rooms cleaned before noon as we had to get our children down for naps before the early evening wedding. For some reason, the rooms weren't made up despite the request.

Room Tip: Cottages are on the beach but are much more expensive. The main hotel is just across the street and the increased cost of staying on the beach is probably not worth it.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This hotel is perfect during the summer and ski season. It's located under the pine trees of Incline Village giving you the sense that you are still in the mountains while still enjoying the amenities of a major resort. The staff has been there for years and are very knowledgeable about the area. Carl and Sam at the Bell Desk are the type of employees that really care about their hotel and love what they do! The lake is across the street and has the best dock bar around. Everything is wonderful at this hotel, we've been here over 10 times and will plan on coming back soon!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2014

First, I would give this place 3.5 stars but they do not have that option. Also, as we drove around the Lake my husband did say, "You did great! After seeing all the different places, this IS the only place to stay on the Lake". So, in general yes this hotel is in a fantastic area and so glad we picked it for it can be daunting figuring out where to stay in Tahoe. We would definitely stay in this area again.

Starting out with the "pros" this hotel is in an ideal location. We did the Sunshine sale or whatever it is called which means our room still averaged $450 a night but we looked over a parking lot :/. The room is wonderfully decorated. They add some really nice touches. I love the individual lights, the coat rack and the sensor movement light for those times you wake up in the middle of the night you are not stumbling over everything. I love the wood floors and the bedding. The bathroom is wonderful with fantastic lighting and clean. The pools, landscaping, workout room, spa are all beautiful. It is a beautiful setting with wonderful decor. Love the coffee shop and food in restaurants great! Tahoe is just a treasure -- so a beautiful family experience!

Now, the "cons". I may be a bit naive but when we first walked in I truly could not believe how hard the smoke smell from casino hits you. It is very strong and powerful (but not in rooms :) nor anywhere else!). But, to check in breathing that crud is awful and umm unhealthy. I get it -- we on Vegas side but truly felt bad for the people at front desk having to breathe that day in and out. There must be some ventilation/fan system they can do to protect children, families, workers from walking thru the lobby. We HAVE to check in so would be nice to have a smoke-free area for that! (Again, I could be naive on this subject as I do not frequent casino/hotels much). Please note though that the hotels rooms/hallways/restaurants are smoke free and you only notice this in lobby. I was also surprised that there are no black out blinds? Even though we had cruddy weather -- we were all up by 7 with the light streaming in. It was odd to me that they do not have black out blinds for such lovely rooms??? We also felt like it was definitely noisy. We heard the people come in above us late and both take showers and felt like they were in our room. They do have signs everywhere saying quiet zone after 9 so in all fairness they do understand and respect that but unfortunately maybe way hotel is built you do hear things.

Also, a couple times when we ate at the Sierra Cafe (not Lone Eagle Grille where service was impeccable and divine!) the waiters "argued" with us. l. I got a drink and after tasting it said this wasn't what I ordered. His first response was a defiant, "yes it was". My husband said, "No this is not. It taste totally different". He brought a new one and said, "Oh you were right they gave me the wrong drink to give to you". But, why say we were wrong in the first place?? The next morning my 9 year old ordered yogurt and fruit and they brought out pancakes (he detests pancakes). I said, "Oh I am so sorry but he did not order this" and the waitress said, "Yes, he did. I know he ordered pancakes". We stood there staring at her. We felt like we were in the Twilight Zone with the staff. When you pay so much for a stay I do believe service should be pretty great. If the waiter bring out the wrong food they should just apologize and not blame it on the guests. It didn't "ruin" our trip lol but I just thought odd they would argue back then later realize they were wrong ??PS one shout out for my kids saw one gentleman there (busboy?) named Louis who was busting his you-know-what to help out. My kids said, "This restaurant would be so much better if all the waiters were more like Louis". :)

Also, there is that lovely "resort fee". I looked on the website upon returning home to see what it covered. It was hard to locate but did find: "A daily Resort Fee of $25 plus tax will be added to your rate and includes Internet, valet parking, ski and golf shuttle within Incline Village, ski / golf club storage and more."

Unfortunately with Mother Nature, 3 of our 5 days there was a rare storm and lots of rain. I know they would never be compassionate and scratch that fee due to inclement weather however $25 seems a lot for Internet as there is nothing else being used on the resort during that time ie pools, golf ...

Lastly, on the "cons" when I was checking out the lady was looking for our info on the computer and her phone rang. Customer Service rules I would think is to take care of the person who you are with and not answer the phone. However, she took the call and continued with conversation for awhile so I just left w/o checking out b/c our car pulled up and was packed and ready to go.

So, I do think it was a great hotel, great location but Customer Service plays a big part in many people's stay at a hotel. Particularly one that is higher ranked/priced. It didn't ruin our trip but felt like it was important feedback. We would definitely stay here again but do believe the Hyatt should put a bit more emphasis and have a refresher course on Customer Service.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank seattle544
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Set on probate beach just over the road, with lovely mountain views, this is idyllic spot. Free glass of champagne at checkin is nice touch although don't be fooled as the rest of your stay will be expensive! Find the supermarket nearby for groceries if you don't want to pay hotel prices. Having said that, if you are in the mood to indulge , then cocktails and food waitress served by the pool was very nice, and the shop stocks nice touches like s'mores kits so you can toast your own in one of the fire pits on site. The kids pools, hot tubs and pool made for a fun and very enjoyable holiday for my young children and swimming in the lake is amazing

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank KDAS_10
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Pretty expensive place. It's not near much of anything so you need a car or you're at the behest of resort pricing. Lots of attentive staff. The rooms are modern and comfortable. Great pool and lake front area. The restaurant at the lake is very nice. Gym is pretty small but workable. As with many American hotels, the food options are tough for finding healthy options, but there are a few. I'd seriously suggest loading your car with good food and trying to stow in in your room (there's no fridge available to you in room in tower though. Perhaps in lakefront cabins there is)

Room Tip: Ask for the tower or see if they will give you a lake front chalet. Lots of events down at the lake may mean a noisy night for you down there though. In the towers ask to face the pool, otherwise it's the parking lot
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business