“Nice way stop”

Horseshu Hotel and Casino
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Jackpot
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This is a real find, totally unexpected by me. Rooms are very large, clean, well appointed.we stayed in the Antelope section, third floor so it was very quiet. I usually have a hard time sleeping in a new place on my first night. But not here. It was comfortable and quiet, even right on hwy 93.

Room Tip: I used this hotel as a stop over on my way to glacier nat'l park.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank S D

Reviewed 29 July 2014

For the price of the room it was nice. Needs remodeling and a massive updating but it was still a nice stay. For sure they need someone to take care of the grounds on a regular basis. If they do they need to do a better job, the pool was dirty and greenish. The maid service tried to clean our room while we were in our room, door was locked with the do not disturb sign out. But other than that I would recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom T
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This property is an adjunct of Cactus Pete's - a bigger place across the road, where you have to check in. The Horseshu is much nicer - really quiet and the room was spacious and clean. Very good value for money - and my long-retired husband was given a military discount, too!

Wifi didn't stretch across the road to us, sadly. Also, be aware that there three or four stepsthat you have to heave your baggage up, even if you are on the first floor.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ursosarctos
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Horseshu Hotel and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

I am very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for posting your experience on tripadvisor, Ursosarctos. The military discount is just one of the many ways we say 'thank you' for being our guest and for your husband's service. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of this promotional rate.

I apologize, however, for the WiFi connection you described. I have sent your comment along to our property staff for review. A request to have your bags brought to your room may be made at time of check in. Our staff is always happy to assist with this.

Thank you for visiting and for this wonderful review. We hope to have you back again!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We have come to this hotel several times before. We enjoy the small town, hassle-free gaming and buffet at Cactus Pete's (their sister property across the street). I am in crutches, and I was quite pleased to learn that they would lend me a wheelchair at no cost while I was a guest of the hotel. That certainly increased my enjoyment of being here. The casino has quite a large floor of slot machines. We enjoyed playing Craps on the machine with several other people, and we also enjoyed winning.

The room that we are in is a room for the handicapped, and it is beautiful and fresh smelling. The A/C has forced air and is quiet.

It's a good place to stay, and this is why we keep coming back.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank karoleigh
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed one night. The room was nice and clean. The bed was comfy. I loved the extra vanity area outside of the bathroom. I would stay here again.

We stayed on the 2nd floor with the pool outside the window. We didnt like the noise from the pool that came through.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor with the pool outside the window. We didn't like the noise from the p...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Horseshu Hotel and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am so pleased to hear you had a comfortable stay and liked the extra room vanity. I do, however, apologize for the pool noise that came in. Thank you for being our guest and we do hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We only paid $39! The rooms are clean and the customer service was outstanding! The hotel is outdated and needs repair but that didn't bother us. They were working on updating the swimming pool so I'm hoping that they will be updating the rooms next! We will be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Horseshu Hotel and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Oh my, It's great to see someone so excited about their stay! We are always looking to improve and update our property and so a hotel renovation may not be too far away. I'm please you appreciated our service and rates. We certainly aim to impress. Thank you for sharing your review and for being our guest. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The room was spotless and spacious. We thought it was odd that at most places you need a room key for entrance for security purposes and this place had auto open doors even around the side entrance and it was a bit unnerving. The WiFi signal was poor at best so finally we just gave up. Lots of parking though.
Check in and out have to be done across the street at Cactus Pete's and all customer questions are there as well. We were on the third floor so an elevator would have been nice but there was not one. It is a nice enough place but it kind of feels a little left out of the loop. Next time will look at options.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rodney01

Been to Horseshu Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!