“Been staying here for over 45 years.”

Cactus Petes Resort Casino
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Jackpot
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I've been driving between California and Montana for over 45 years and started stopping at Cactus Petes when it was nothing more than a cinder block building on the side of the road and have always enjoyed myself.

Now I book a room in the tower because I know what to expect. The rooms are very clean and well appointed with all the amenities (coffee maker, safe, etc.). The beds are comfortable and the pillows are great.

There is additional free coffee, tea and soft drinks right inside the casino as you enter from the rooms.

Front desk people are pleasant and professional. I'm hard pressed to think of anything I don't like about the place with the exception of the cigarette smoke in the casino, but even that isn't TOO bad.

It's a nice getaway place or stopping place on your way north or south.

Room Tip: The upper rooms have a better view, but there is not much to see out there.
2  Thank CharlesS916
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Cactus Petes Resort Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

I am so pleased to hear you enjoy your stays with us. Thank you for sharing your review and for always being our guest, Charles. We can't to have back soon again!

There are newer reviews for Cactus Petes Resort Casino

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We arrived at Cactus Pete’s on Saturday afternoon and learned there was a problem with our hotel reservation. Within minutes, Lutrell and his wonderful staff had the issue resolved and we were given keys to our room.

This was the most relaxing and satisfying two days I have had in a long time and I will most assuredly return for future visits. They have a huge variety of slot machines as well as card tables and that kept us well entertained! I must say, we enjoyed ourselves so much mostly because of the people that work there. We tipped our friendly waitresses/card dealers well for the outstanding service they provided. Cactus Pete's must have figured out that keeping their employees happy in return keeps guests happy, and we had a wonderful time.

The buffet was equally fantastic with a wide range of salads, entrees, and desserts. The room at The Horseshu was clean and well maintained.

Once again, huge 'shout out' to Lutrell for the above and beyond customer service he and his staff provided – absolutely exceptional!!! I will be back soon :) :) :) 

2  Thank Christine L
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Cactus Petes Resort Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Wow, It certainly sounds like you had the experience we strive for our guests to have! Thank you very much for sharing your feedback. I have sent the property management team and Lutrell your comments. Thank you for being our guest, Christine. We look forward to serving you soon again.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

We came down to see Debbie Boone and spent 1 night at Cactus Pete's. Debbie Boone had a great show and the rooms were great.

Two things I think you need to upgrade
1. The food at the plateau room was great but you need a much better selection of beer. Bud and Coors just don't cut it.

2. You need to put in a latte shop. The free coffee is nice but come on C.P. time to upgrade. We left early to go home and stop in Twin to get a Starbucks… would have stayed longer.

All in all a good trip.

Room Tip: The higher floor have a better view.
2  Thank Brian H

I am so please to hear you enjoyed the Debbie Boone show and your hotel room, Brian. We appreciate your suggestions regarding beverage selection. I will be sure to pass this along. Thank you for being our guest and we do hope to see you seen again.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The room was very stylish and recently remodeled. Very clean and comfortable with gambling just a quick elevator ride away. Interesting ventilation but the heater worked well and it was a very nice stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Sam M
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We have visited Cactus Pete's around once every two months or so for almost three years now. We drive three hours each way because we feel welcomed each time. I wish I knew everyone's name so I could let them all know how much we appreciate them. My host, Kevin always takes care of getting us the best room he can. My "usual" girl at reception with the beautiful eye makeup is always so pleasant and makes sure we don't need help to our room with our bags. I haven't had a bad room yet. I grew to love the Tower Rooms while the Granite Range was under construction, but now that the Granite is complete, we love the poolside Granite Rooms. Such a toss up each time we stay as to which room to get. Granite is closer to the entrance, has larger rooms, and balconies or walk outs to the pool. The Tower Rooms, I feel, have more comfortable beds but are a longer walk and a more crowded elevator ride. Either way, you can't go wrong. John in the poker room is such a nice guy. All the dealers at the tables are pleasant, with the exception of one, and we know how to wait for a rotation. :-) (You can't have it all!) We have had the same fabulous waitress in the buffet the last two visits on Saturday nights and Sunday mornings for brunch. The employee who slices the prime rib and makes the pasta is such a gentleman. When I get my drawn butter, I just hold the cup and he pours. In no other casino that I have been to have I had such great drink service. Waitresses here are actually pleasant. When there is an issue with a machine, someone is right on their way over to fix it...no waiting around like many other casinos I have been to. When I won my jackpot, I had two people over immediately to take care of my payout.

I see all these reviews on here about how smoky it is and how unpleasant people are, and it makes me wonder where they are staying. Yes, it has a bit of a smoky odor, and my husband and I are non-smokers. But it is a casino. It is virtually the only place left in the USA where a smoker can smoke. You can't smoke in the restaurants or the gala room for others enjoyment. I think that's fair. If you don't like the smoke, go to Aria or one of the Vegas casinos that is at least partially non smoking. I promise you won't get the same friendly service or the same prices. If I "had" to give constructive criticism, it would be to work on parking as we generally have to walk a bit if we get in later in the evening. Possibly extend the buffet and Desert room seating since we have had to wait in rather long lines on the weekends. Service in the Desert Room can be a bit off-putting at times; seems to not be enough servers or cooks to accommodate the crowd. Obviously, I feel that none of these warrant any negative feelings of Cactus Pete's. I love that we feel welcomed each time we come. See everyone tomorrow for the Sunday tournament. :-)

Room Tip: Granite rooms are a little nicer and roomier, where Tower rooms have the more comfortable beds.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MichelleSams
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Cactus Petes Resort Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback! We always like to hear what a guest has to say, positive, negative, or otherwise. Your thanks and your suggestions will be forwarded to the appropriate departments.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

My family and I had a great time at Cactus Pete's,
The room we stayed in was really nice, we all had lots of room,the bed was great too.
It was really quiet ,and there was a 42' inch tv.
I won't lie, the casino was pretty awesome too.
Stay here at Cactus Pete's next time you are on your way through Nevada.
It's great!!!

Cheryl

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to a King size room,they are great.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Cactus Petes Resort Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

I'm glad you have enjoyed your visit, Cheryl! Thanks so much for sharing your review and for being our guest. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

The got our players club flyer in early November , rooms were way cheaper - So I asked at the desk when we arrived - And they reduced the rates , paid 98 dollars for both nights! So , we made up for what we lost at the slots ... Good Thanksgiving Dinner Buffet , and Seafood Buffet (Although they need to work on their crab a bit....) All in all a good trip to Pete's!

Room Tip: Join the player's club!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple