“great stay great weekend”

Cactus Petes Resort Casino
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Jackpot
Herriman, Utah
“great stay great weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Would highly recommend visiting Cactus Petes ! Impeccable service, really friendly staff. We go to Wendover, UT often , these guys kicked their butt in service. Have really never seen anything like their attentive staff, not in Vegas either. Our room was really really nice and the gambling was so much fun. (the other guests were lively and friendly, even Sunday night was packed) They made us feel like high rollers our entire stay, and a special thanks to our casino hosts. Will be back.....(were here for the first time, just to see Billy Currington on Sunday) We stayed in the "Granite" rooms and they were really nice, and they were just large enough, nicely redecorated with nice deck. There is a helpful friendly staff member in uniform at every turn, ready to answer questions or help in any way. We really had so much fun here and we are picky.....the Grims

Room Tip: stay in the "granite" rooms, very nicely re decorated
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

If this is the best Jackpot has to offer, you may want to drive on to Twin Falls. The room was pretty clean but looked old and run down. But the worst thing was the bed had what looked like a worn , pilled mattress pad for a bottom sheet!! It was rough and scratchy. Then the A/C unit sounded like a Mac Truck rattling through the room. We were on the second floor facing some trees.... all I could see was the tops of the trees, because the roof or something like that blocked the "view". There is no parking that is close. You have to park out front and haul your luggage across the casino to the elevators. The shower was okay and the bathroom pretty clean. Fortunately, we stayed only one night.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dusty D
SALT LAKE CITY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Call and make a reservation because the RV Park fills up every night. There is a nice first come park, but it fills up early. The rate is $22 a night. They only offer 30 amp service, but even in July the weather was tolerable. Great park to stay in and visit surrounding area (Salmon Dam, Jarbidge, Twin a Falls). Walking distance to the casino. The bonus is being able to hear the outside concerts from your RV site.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank CRAIG C
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Normally my husband and I can sleep through ANYTHING! This was crazy! About every hour it would kick in. First time we both thought a hurricane outside. 6th floor, facing pool (can't remember room number). Other rooms may be just fine. Shower faucet and handle coming out of wall otherwise everything clean and in good working order. TV very nice.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Cactus Petes Resort Casino, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
I am disappointed to hear about your unpleasant stay, JKintheNW. Our rooms are regularly inspected for upgrades or maintenance which may be needed. I apologize if we missed the loud AC in this room. Be assured, our management team is available to our guests 24/ 7 to assist in rectifying any concerns that may arise on property.

We will continue to execute detailed room inspections and take this as an opportunity for improvement. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and for being our guest. We do hope you visit us soon again so that we can really 'wow' you with our relaxing environment.
Idaho Falls, Idaho
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I would recommend the old side which is called the granite over to tower rooms the reason being I could put air conditioning the air conditioning in the tower don't work so good and I stayed there a lot the granites are just more comfortable but if I had a choice I would go to Wendover it's more fun more modern

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Mead, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stayed at Cactus Pete's Resort and Casino on our way to Phoenix. We booked a handicapped accessible room because my husband is currently using a wheelchair. The room was on the first floor and was modern and stylishly decorated. The mattress was great and the room was quiet. There was a lovely patio right outside our room. The pool was just steps away and it was easy for my husband and I to explore the property. Even though the room had been updated there was very poor lighting over the vanity. I had to practically apply my make-up in the dark. The shower was large and easy to access. The placement of some of the grab bars could of been better. Even so, we would probably consider staying there again.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the back side.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Robin A
carefree,az.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

My recent road trip rook me from Flathead Lake in Montana to my home in Prescott Arizona. Jackpot Nevada is located at about 1/2 way on this 1300 mile drive. Being disabled I needed to find a hotel with bell service,not easy on this route. Frankly,that's the main reason I selected Cactus Pete's for my stay,but that will not be my only criteria for another visit there.This hotel/casino is outsized for it's location with an impressive tower of guest rooms rising above the high desert.The entire property is immaculate and populated by the most gracious and helpful group of employees I've experienced in a long time. I was met with professionalism at every encounter. Pressed uniforms and genuine smiles are the rule here. None of the phoney hospitality of Las Vegas matched with their total burnout. Nicely appointed rooms wherein all of the amenities work perfectly. All combined with very reasonable rates. Restaurants on site are fairly priced and of good quality. I would only suggest an improvement in the coffee quality and perhaps a couple bottles of water stocked in the guest room refrig. as the tap water's not so great for drinking. Keep up the good work folks and I'll see you next Summer...

Room Tip: Pretty sure they're all good rooms
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo