“Price was right”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Jackpot
st. catharines
“Price was right”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This place is very dated and has seen glory days gone by but is kept neat and clean. The t.v. was old, tiny and had limited channels. It was not noisy and that was a surprise considering we were on the first floor. I was put off a bit by the minimalist thinking of staff. My wife and I checked in and were given 1 room key. When we asked for another they said they did not have another one to give out.
That night I went to the desk to ask for another pillow and was given the same answer " they didn't have any more". I can see competition is in the area and there are only so many tourists to go around. If they weren't $30. less than across the road I would have gone for a more up to date and pampered lodging.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Boise
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Hernan is AWESOME! Make sure you leave him a big tip! He made our reservations, checked us in, gave us our drinks; gave us the suite with an amazing hottub... very pleased with the relaxed ambiance and gaming.
I even turned my $20 into $130.
Very pleased. :)

• Stayed February 2014
Reviewed 29 January 2014

While on our annual ski trip, my buddy and I once again stayed at the Four Jacks. we were there on the 11th of January, and once again it didn't disappoint.
The room was bright, clean, and spacious. the bathroom was spic & span. The staff friendly and helpful.
The rate perfect and they took Canadian money at par, in both the hotel & casino. The prevailing rate was 10 percent.
Can't say enough good things.

Room Tip: The Key cards can be a little tricky. Make sure you insert it completely. They have three doors on...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Ladner B.C.
Reviewed 30 November 2013

A friend told me about this place that it was very cheap for a good clean hotel to stay at. we found that the rooms were clean and comfortable. Old small TV, but for what we were paying one couldn't expect luxury. The food was very good and I played the slots and actually paid for the room and my meals with my winnings. I think this was the first and only time I came out ahead when gambling. I plan on stopping there again this year. Try it out.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank amoore1
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Over the years we have stayed at different hotels in Jackpot and the experiences were not that great. When passing through, we saw the sign at Four Jacks advertising rooms for $35.00 for seniors. We have not had a room for that price in 10 years. When we asked the clerk to see a room, she said they do not do that anymore. Anyways, we took a chance and booked a room. What can you expect for $35.00. The room had new carpet (looked like a month old or less), new paint and wallpaper and overall was very clean. Best of all there was no smell of smoke and the bed was reasonably comfortable. On the negative side, our TV was old and the picture had lost some of it's colour. Overall a very pleasant surprise and yes we will be back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Victor H
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Jackpot was on the way to another destination so ended up staying twice in 8 days. Staff very friendly, rooms both clean and fully equiped, great rate for seniors at $35 plus tax. If you eat in the cafe and fill out a survey they give you back $5 however even with the cash back you are better off dining at one of the other places. Would stay at this motel again if in the area. Didn't gamble so can not rate slots.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Coulee City, Washington
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We spent one night at the Four Jacks just passing through on a road trip. We were pleasantly surprised at the room price (although we didn't get it as low as the billboard advertised). The room was clean and comfortable, and food in the restaurant was plentiful and good. The best part of our stay was our evening at the casino bar being entertained by our bartenders, Shawn and Chris. They were so pleasant, lively, and fun! The poker machines gave fair play for the money, and we again were surprised that they offered nickel poker at the bar. It was a great evening, and we would definitely return, should we be in the area again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends