“The most heartless company I have ever seen!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Borges Sleigh and Carriage Rides

Borges Sleigh and Carriage Rides
Ranked #15 of 19 Tours in Lake Tahoe (Nevada)
More attraction details
Owner description: The Borges Sleigh and Carriage Rides is still a family operated business at the same location in South Lake Tahoe for over 42 years. Over the years, other locations have been used such as Squaw Creek & Northstar Resorts. Our 1 hour or 30 minute narrated sleigh ride travels along the Pony Express Trail then over the meadow and though the woods...to a spectacular view of Lake Tahoe. A picnic area, snow play area & pony rides are some of the addition activities. Hot drinks & souvenirs are also available.
Lakeside, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“The most heartless company I have ever seen!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2011

My family was planning a trip to Reno for Christmas and all of our activities were SNOW related and one of them was a private sleigh ride with Borges that cost $150.00 we booked this almost a month in advance and were going to drive a 11 hours to get to Reno well as our arrival date came closer there had been no snow and no snow was in the forecast so I started calling companys letting the know that we werent going to drive that far if there is no snow and all of them were understanding and did not expect us to pay for a service they couldnt provide except BORGES SLEIGH RIDES they refused to give me a refund and said that it wasnt their fault that there was no snow they were keeping my money. I guess they dont care that its Christmas. I still cant believe a company would keep someones money when they didnt provide the service.

Visited December 2011
11 Thank Donna J

Sacramento
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Dashing through the snow”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2010

We spent a few days in Tahoe and decided to take our almost 2 year old on a sleigh ride. It was 30 mins and tons of fun! It was approx $20 per adult. If you stop by the Tahoe Chamber of Commerce in Town they have a coupon for $2off. Military also gets $5 off too :)

The tour seemed a little longer than 30 mins, but it was probably because they stop along the way and tell you some history of the land and Tahoe. There are also photo opportunities along the way. They provide blankets, which was nice. We went when the snow was out and it was COLD. We all wore hats, gloves, coats. I cant imagine going when it is snowing.

I highly recommend it!

EDIT- We went this past weekend 1/30/2010 and decided to take my parents on a ride. I want to say that it wasn't as good as the first time. Simply because the tour guide ( a female- last time was a male) just sat there and talked about dumb stuff. Make sure you have them tell you the history of the land,etc. Make them earn the $20 per person ( we only paid $10 because we are military). My parents were very disappointed as was I. I would hate for this to happen to anyone else.

2 Thank MauidAmy
Austin Teaxas
“A fun ride in the snow”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2009

This ride was somthing different then your normal vacation plan. Got to sit and relax for a half hour with the huge draft horse pulling you through a medow near lake tahoe. If your looking for a fast action packed ride this is not it. But if you want a peacful ride and get to learn some tahoe history then this is the ride for you. My children had a good time and loved petting, and feeding the horses after the ride. Its worth it because it might be the only time in your life your able to do somthing like this.

california
“Sleigh Ride!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2009

The Borges Sleigh ride in Lake Tahoe was absolutely amazing. The tour guides were wonderfully helpful! They knew all the best places to go and they knew so much interesting history about Tahoe its self. Just the sights themselves were incredibly breathe taking! The prices were very reasonable, only $20 for a fun filled 30 minute ride! Everyone was so nice and when anyone had a question they were more than happy to answer they always had a smile on their face. We went through a beautiful meadow with the glistening snow at our very fingertips. They sang songs and told jokes. We went to a pony express mail stop to get souvenirs. My favorite parts was when we went dashing through the snow and sang jingle bells. They even had a picture of me when we got back, it was a beautiful professional picture for only $10. I am definitely going to go back again! I highly recommend you go for a Borges sleigh ride!!

Peoria IL
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Field Ride”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2008

We were excited at the thought of a sleigh ride and read about Borges Sleigh Rides in South Lake Tahoe on the Internet. They claim " Your Sleigh Ride adventure will take you over the meadow,
through the woods to grandmother's house and to a peaceful place overlooking one of Lake Tahoe's most spectacular views." Our "ride" lasted 25 mins. and cost $35.00. We only went around an open field and spent more time stopped while our guide talked a little about the surroundings but mostly about his life. The horses only walk except for the last 10 seconds when they are allowed to go a little faster but not much. We were also pressured to purchase our photo that they took before the ride that shows the beat up side of the sleigh with a big green tractor behind us. It didn't really capture anything we wanted but felt sorry for the photographer when he came down from the price of $20.00 to $5.00. The whole thing really is a rip off.

5 Thank mcca2