“Way Below Par” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of MontBleu Casino

MontBleu Casino
More attraction details
Owner description: Casino with lots of action, live entertainment with star performers, dining and shops.
Texas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Way Below Par”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

MontBleu is touted as the "best casino in Tahoe"......Bleuey! There were 4 of us and 4 out of 4 voted it the worst. We signed up for a players card. Philip,the rep, was very polite and helpful. That's where it ended. They have a gimmick that if you play for 30 minutes you will receive $30 in free play at the slots. NOT ALL SLOTS. They must have a decal on them that allows you to retrieve your free play money and out of 4 machines in a row, only 1 had the decal. Then there's the free drink problem. The waitresses were scarce. One day we had to scour the casino to find one, only to be told that she would send our "area" waitress over which never happened. Harvey's had an abundance of friendly drink waitresses who made certain you never wanted for one. One waitress at MontBleu casino finally showed with our drinks. As she delivered them I asked her to please bring our friend, who just joined us, a cocktail. She looked at me and very rudely said " I'm sorry but you'll have to wait for the next waitress to come by because I'm not allowed to serve drinks to the same people less than 20 minutes apart". WHAT???? How do these ladies make money with that rule? We found our other friend who was playing the virtual video Black Jack machine which is unique and fun. He asked how we got our drinks because he had been hitting his service button for over an hour and no one showed. On the upside there was a restaurant, Cafe Del Soul, in the casino by the bar in the rear. The help was very friendly even though they were short staffed. The promo for 99 cent tacos was true but the fish tacos were $2 each. My husband said his were fantastic....well worth the money. My friend and I split the Nacho platter which was huge....as a matter of fact, many of the dishes were large. We ordered the pitcher of Margaritas which was a better deal than the promo of 99 cents each and they were also very, very, good. One major drawback was the ridiculous location of the restrooms. They were very far from the casino floor and difficult to find. I suggest you locate them as soon as you walk in so you can save time in getting to one when it became necessary. There were unsavory people in the entrance area. One of them came up to the 2 men in our group and tried to pat them on the back etc.. Seemed like it might have been a pick pocket but we skinnied out of there before an incident occurred. There were security guards well inside the casino but I didn't see any in this entry area. Lastly, the machines were cold....almost frozen. Not a penny to be made during our time there and we played various denomination machines. Not a good experience!

Visited June 2014
2 Thank FuntimesTexas

Honolulu, Hawaii
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“No Service - deceptive practices”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Usually I don't frequent Casinos often but as I drove by in the morning the Huge Billboard caught my attention. The sign outside the Mont Bleu Casino promised 0.99 $ Margaritas and 0.99 $ 2 pc Tacos. The place was not busy yet guess early in the evening. Staff was standing around socializing with each other. I asked as to where to go to get the Margaritas and was directed to the Lounge near the Restaurant. I sat on one of the Cocktail tables for a long time no-one would come by to inquire or even offer a Menu for me to review. When I finally went over to the Bar to ask the Bartender about the Tacos I was told to see the Restaurant Staff. Then was redirected to the desk to Register as a Member first, where I was asked to relinquish all kind of personal information. Needless to say I was horrified by the Marry go round at this Circus. I think it is a great Idea to have an option like a Casino near the Lake at such a beautiful location in particular as it is convenient and one dosnt have to drive all the way to Reno, however - Never again at the Mont Bleu Casino for me.

Visited May 2014
Chicago, Illinois
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Rude People”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

Came to Lake Tahoe on a ski trip with 13 college buddies. We went to MontBleu Casino on a Saturday night based on several recommendations from the locals. It was a nice casino, but most of the people there gambling, drinking, etc. where very rude and there were a lot of trashy people there. Several of my friends were bumped into and it seemed like people were looking for confrontations. There are to clubs there at MontBleu and the casino atmosphere seemed good. They did have $2 Coronas and that saved the night. Went to Harrah's on the trip as well and thought they had a much better time.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank cdeems
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Fun, Clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

This is a nice hotel overall. The casino is a lot of fun and the service is what you would want. The atmosphere is exciting and it's hard to beat the $.99 margaritas and tacos at happy hour Saturday nights. Do the rooms need to be updated? Yes. They still have the Caesars theming and it is getting worn. But the rooms are clean and the beds are comfy. The view from our room was very nice as well. While this hotel may not be as nice as some of its neighbors, it is a much better value and you get more for what you pay. We plan on staying here again.

Nevada City, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“O.K. Hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

South shore Tahoe has gone downhill in the last decade, and most of the hotel/casinos are a shell of what they once were. MontBleu was O.K. as a casino, the 'We pay you half of what you lose' using our tracking card was a nice feature. The room was clean, not much of a view (except for Harrah's hotel) and the weird shower was a hold over from Ceasar's days. The pool was different (being indoor), but the chlorine smell was over whelming. I'd have to say there was nothing really special about MontBleu, but nothing bad either. The Buffet (which I think was the name of their buffet) was good, but not quite as big as the buffets of what I remember (like the old High Sierra buffet).

Visited July 2013