“Good range of food and good value”
Review of The Buffet

The Buffet
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: State Route 207
Transit: "Blue Go" Bus Route
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Went to The buffet at Mont Bleu during our skiing vacation with the family. We went on the Friday evening when the seafood was on. I am not a great seafood fan so stayed with the basics.

Tried some stuff I wouldn't normally try, if I liked it, I ate it if I didn't I left it and got something else.

As with most buffets, the food was fine but never as good as a la carte. Nothing particularly stood out, but we all left completely full.

Having read some of the other reviews, may try Harvey's Buffet next time we visit, but will probably go to the Mont Bleu buffet again at some point....... when I am hungry!

1  Thank Ken P

Reviewed 4 January 2014

A friend recommended that we try the Montbleu Buffet while in Tahoe. The service was excellent and all the food was fresh and tasty. It was good value and we are looking forward to another visit, possibly on a Friday night for their seafood buffet. We usually frequent Harrah's Buffet next door, but found some different dishes here that were excellent and less expensive.

1  Thank 2butterfly
Reviewed 11 October 2013

The Friday night seafood buffet is $38.45 including tax, for two adults. My wife and I ate there this evening, and I do not agree with some of the reviews. The service at our table was quite good....dishes removed promptly....we were asked about coffee or tea, etc., politely, and just often enough about refills, etc. The place was quite clean everywhere's. The buffet items were fresh, and freshly prepared. Nothing was old/soggy/etc. Temperature of the dining area was comfortable, NOT HOT. The crab legs were quite good, sweet, fresh. Good shrimp, although they could have been cleaned a bit before being put out for customers to do that. Mussels were fresh and tasty. We both sampled a lot of what was offered; same for desserts. NO COMPLAINTS....the buffet is at least equivalent to others charging $24.95 plus tax.

2  Thank Robert F
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I am a tough critic when service is bad. After reading the reviews I was hesitant to try this buffet out as I had not been there in many years. But, I must say, the buffet was pretty good. I did not notice anything to worry about with cleanliness. The service was good. The selection was great and my children loved the desert station and many other food options. The atmosphere is ok, a little tricky to navigate from the tables to the buffet but we truly enjoyed this visit. It might not be Caesars Tahoe anymore, but I would return to this buffet.

3  Thank tripnexus
Reviewed 8 February 2013 via mobile

We figured "hey for $12.95 how bad could it be?" Well we found out. First and foremost the entire casino and restaurant was so hot it was hard to eat. Whem we mentioned ot to our server she just shrugged her shoulders like she didnt understand what we said. The food seemed "old"- like it had been sitting under heat lamps all day. I didnt get my $12 worth. They definitely need to revamp this place. Dont waste your $$$

4  Thank teresamd0906