“Horrible Lasagne”

Cross street: Harmon
Vancouver
“Horrible Lasagne”
Reviewed 15 January 2011

Ok this is a review really of the atmospher service etc, because we chose the Prix Fix menu
This menu includes a Soup which was pretty good a choice of Spaggetti & Meat Balls , Lasagne,(Which was cold and tasted as if it had come out of a supermarket freezer yuk )Pasta Alfredo,( which was adequate)Cappellini with Tomato plus a glass of wine.......$12.99 is a great price but not if the food is inedible
We did lash out for $10 desset and that was tiny but delicious
On arrival the hostess took us to a table in the middle of the restaurant,there were window tables available but its funny when you know your on a buget meal your less picky
Our waiter was fantastic even when we said we were having the Fixed Price he was really cool.....The hostess proceeded to sit people in the middle of the restaurant ( same waiter) 4 sets of people askedc to sit by the window which they eventually did but with no grace, one party of 5 were seated in the middle asked to b e moved and eventually walked out ..OUCH.. she was pissed they wanted different tables,( I thought it was just me )
Our waiter juggled 7 tables he was great not once did we feel that we were being neglected
As I said I can not really say about the food but please if they cant make a basic lasagne or Pasta Alfredo then I would be very weiry of paying $35 a plate for other things

• Visited January 2011
1 Thank jaxonvj

Cary, North Carolina
“The Bottom LIne”
Reviewed 9 October 2010

Not sure if they have changed chefs or management since some of these awful reviews but I experienced nothing but a quality experience, a combination of wonderful food and quality service.
I had a wonderful bowl of Tuscan Tomato Bread soup, fried calamari and spaghetti and veal meatballs. It was all fantasic. Details:
I have
fried calamari all over the country and this was one of the best. Crispy, light, not tough and a wonderfully simple light tomato sauce.
The bread was fresh and hot and served wtih two very nice dips, one was a sun dried tomato tapanade and the other EVO with BV.
My third course was a hand made spaghettil with veal meatballs. it was wonderful. Had a great glass of wine as well.
I ate at the bar (working in town by myself) and the two gentlemen that served were conversive without being intrusive and when i couldnt finish my food they boxed it all up:
extra sauce for the calamari and a whole new side of bread-told me to enjoy my lunch tomorrow and I will have enough to eat for lunch!!
Was it expensive-yes, was it worth it-yes. I would highly suggest finding out prices before you go, all of these in-casino private restaurants are not cheap. Some are just gimics and some like AGO are just plain good!

2 Thank tgabe
Baltimore Maryland
“Ate at Ago while staying at Hard Rock”
Reviewed 13 June 2010

Ate at Ago while staying at the Hard Rock in Vegas. I must it was excellent. Had a hard time making up my mind what to eat while there, so the bar tender ( I ate at the bar) recommend a pork chop which was on the specials I believe and I have to say it was by far the best pork chop I've ever had. I'm not the biggest pork chop fan in the world but it was amazing. I'd no doubt eat at Ago again if staying at Hard Rock, or maybe even make trip there to eat.

1 Thank Terpsfan72
Scottsdale
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ago at Hard Rock - authentic Tuscan cuisine”
Reviewed 21 February 2010

We had dinner at Ago last night for the second time in two months. We have travelled to Italy in the past, and found the food and wine to be very authentic to Tuscany. Service is also very good. Try the Papradelle and Wild Boar pasta dish.

1 Thank Mahekal
Irvine, California
“Ago is a great place for amazing food and...”
Reviewed 9 February 2010

Ago is a great place for amazing food and classy atmosphere! Went with a party of 6 and had $200 in coupons. Waited a while for dinner but was given free shots because of the wait. Overall great food and service.... Not cheap have coupons!

1 Thank norm2h