““Amazing stay!! Absolutely perfect!””

Ranked #13 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Grande Prairie, Canada
““Amazing stay!! Absolutely perfect!””
Reviewed 15 August 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Trump Tower Las Vegas from august 3th to the 10th. We travelled to Las Vegas with my parent who also stayed at Trump and loved it as well. My dad is in a wheelchair and everything was perfect for him too.
If you are looking for a Las Vegas gambling and wild experience at your hotel, don't stay at Trump Tower as it is not your typical mega-hotel on the strip which we had plenty of opportunity to experience while we were in Las Vegas. Crowded lobbies, pushy people and loud, smokey casinos are not our idea of a good time.
We wanted to go somewhere that would provide nice surroundings and a good pool in a location that is accessible to the entertainment and shows that we wanted to see.
Trump Tower is a non-smoking hotel (not just the rooms, but everywhere - even the bar area). Every other hotel that we visited (Wynn, Treasure Island, Luxor, MGM, Bellagio, etc.) all had a strong odour of cigarettes in their lobbies. Generally, the air was not smokey (due to the high volume of air exchange) but never the less, the places were permeated with cigarette smoke which is less than desireable for non-smokers like ourselves.
I have to say that the room at Trump was one of the most luxuriously appointed rooms I have stayed in. Some examples:
- Extremely high quality bed, bedding, pillows & linens
- The nicest bathrobe I've ever seen (wanted to keep it!)
- Sub-zero bar fridge, Wolf cooktop / warming plate,
- Marble and glass door shower (room for two) and countertops
- in-mirror television in the bathroom
- Huge jetted tub, top-end faucets and hardware
Given that the hotel had only been open for about a week, I was expecting some issues. While there were minor things, there was nothing that I have not had happen at any other hotel so I really can not complain (for example, my cordless phone didn't work - fixed with a call to the front desk).
The pool was incredible and barely used by anyone. We spent several hours at the pool and there was never more than 10 people at the pool despite the 100 degree, sunny weather!
Thankfully, the front desk staff helped us out and walked us through the check in at their computers.
Staff were very helpful and polite at all times.
We would not hesitate to stay at the Trump Tower again and liked the location - a two minute walk to the strip, very close to the Wynn hotel.
Travel With Kids:None
Yes! I would recommend this hotel to a friend....

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank vista40
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, 16 August 2011
Dear valued Guest:

I wish that we could take your review and send it to every traveler considering coming to Las Vegas. I would like to thank you for your kind words and I hope that we have been able to win your loyalty. We would enjoy the chance to serve you again.

Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,726)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Christchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2011

I booked Trump Hotel through Booking.com. We were very happy with the whole experience. The staff at the check-in counter were very pleasant and friendly. The entrance hall gives you a great feel as soon as you walk in. The room was huge and very luxurious. The bed was very comfy, bathroom clean with good shower and a spa bath. We had a view back into town which I'm sure was not the best view in town but was still nice. We used the pool daily and the Gym and found both facilities to be exceptional and the staff in these areas very nice. The Hotel is located just off the strip but it was only a few minutes and you hit the strip and if the heat was to much to walk down the strip they offer a courtesy shuttle.
Would recommend this hotel to family and friends and hope to come back one day.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Anniebabe79
Dear valued Guest:

We look forward to serving you again. These comments are terrific and your experiences are the fruits of many hours of training and service to ensure that you have a great stay. We'll see you again and will ensure that your stay goes just as well...

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Ok so Mr. Trump.. yes your rooms are beautiful that is a 5 star for sure....Tv in the bathroom mirror, jacuzzi, room atmosphere. But here is what stinks no casino in the hotel, walls are paper thin(train goes by twice a night) hotel pool is basic and music is boring, no restaurants except the lame one In the lobby, no shows, no shops. Closest hotel is the wynn about 5 min walking. So to sum it up I don't plan to stay here again this is Vegas man step it up.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank Pike513
Dear valued Guest:

I hate to read that we were unable to meet your needs as our valued guest. I hope that you would allow for us to serve you again as I am confident that we can regain your loyalty. Thank you for your openness and opinions.

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We stayed here (myself and my close friend) from August 7th to the 12th and we both were beyond pleased with our stay. From the moment we walked into the gorgeous lobby we knew we would be satisfied. The lighting fixtures in the lobby are breathtaking! And it was a nice change to have a quiet relaxing hotel with out the noise of slot machines or the stench of smoke. All of the staff were very friendly and professional and made you feel very good about staying there.

We arrived fairly early, around 10 am and we went to see if we can check in and we were susprised to find that our room was ready! We just had a standard city room view on the 53rd floor. The view was still nice nonetheless. We had a good view of the stratosphere and downtown. The room itself was perfect. Nicely decorated, modern, and the bathroom was just amazing. It was handy having a kitchen too. Our tv didn't work though... we never called to have it looked at because we were probably not going to have enought time to watch it. That was basically the only fault in the place. After staying here we both are interested in purchasing one of these rooms as a nice getaway.

Overall, our stay was truly magical and we will definitely stay here again. The price was really nice too, 89/night. Can't beat that for a 5 star hotel on the strip! Excellent stay and definitely recommended.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Afton A
Dear valued Guest:

Perfection is a great word to read on Trip Advisor... We work tirelessly to ensure that all of our guests have a flawless experience and I'm pleased to read that this was your experience. I am humbled by your comments and I hope to have many more chances to serve you again in the future.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 August 2011

I was there last year for a business meeting and took my family there stayed at a 1 bedroom suite. I loved the front desk staff, door man (who greeted me and welcomed me "home" every time), and the housekeeping. The bathrooms were clean that my toddler and I actually used the bath tub and not just the shower. The kitchen was new, clean, carpet spotless. There was crown molding in the ceilings/wall, and the windows had little vents to allow fresh air inside. The only thing is the people who answer the phone at reservation do not seem professional. I called to ask about any promotions/discounts about their 2 bedroom and they told me no because those penthouses are "very exclusive." This gave me the feeling that I'm not good enough for their penthouse. This year will be trying the Four Seasons instead.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for providing us with such great feedback. We are very proud of our rooms and our service and I appreciate you sharing your comments about both. Please know that you are officially welcomed back and I hope that you will give us a chance to serve you again.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 12 August 2011

This hotel was really nice and the people that worked there were so curteious and helpful. The hotel did not have a casino but that was just fine with me it was directly across the street from the mall which was my favorite attration lol. The trump also provided free transportation to the wynn and ceaser so a casino was not far away. i plan on taking a trip to vegas every year and i can almost gaurentee i will be staying at the trump. Loved it!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Missy5807
Dear valued Guest:

Another great comment about our staff!! I really do enjoy receiving this type of feedback and I will be sure to share it with my team. Thank you for your kind words and I look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again.

Greene, Maine
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I try to get to Las Vegas a couple of times per year, spending about a week at a time. I've usually stayed at some of the more popular center Strip hotels. A couple of years ago, I decided to book a hotel blindly through one of the internet bidding sites...you know the one. We were given a competitive room rate at a four/five star hotel in roughly the geographic section of the Strip I requested. After booking, the site revealed that the hotel was the Trump International. It sounded fine to us, since we've stayed at the Trump hotels in Atlantic City. I don't know the entire history of the Las Vegas property, but from what I understand, Trump originally built it as a condominium complex. He apparently, with the recession and all, couldn't sell enough of the units. He smartly decided to turn it into a hotel, giving an added dimension to the rooms that most hotels don't share. Each room we've stayed in was of outstanding quality: Marble bathrooms, first class appointments and amenities, large room with a decor-compatible refrigerator, stove, and sink, etc. The downside is that it's not exactly on the Strip...about a quarter of a mile off of it, next to the Fashion Show Mall...AND it has no Casino. One side of the Trump faces down the Strip...a good view. The other side, however, faces the skeletons of either deteriorating old buildings, or of half completed properties that were frozen in time because the developers simply ran out of financing. While I always rent a car, the Trump offers free Shuttle service to the Wynn. It charges a twenty dollar per day "resort fee", but for that you get free parking with outstanding car Valet service, free Internet and other amenities. All in all, I feel it's "good value".

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear valued Guest:

We enjoy serving our repeat guests and I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed your first stay so much that you decided to return. Please know that we are here to serve you and hope to be able to do so many more times in the future.