“Luxury without smoke”

Ranked #16 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
“Luxury without smoke”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I stayed at the Trump in late June 2012. I got a great deal through Spirit Airlines($90 a night). You'll immediately notice when you walk through the doors that this is a refreshingly different hotel from the others on the strip. The lobby was never crowded or noisy, and always smelled pleasant. I was offered an upgraded suite on the 56th floor, and it was totally worth it. Try to get a room that faces the the south.

Before I left for Las Vegas I had heard that you could hear a train from the rooms at the Trump Hotel. I'm not a light sleeper, therefore I was never woken up by the train at night. However, you can hear the train, even from the 56th floor.

Take advantage of the free shuttle service. It will pick up/drop off at the Wynn and the Caesar's Forum. They stop by every 10-15 minutes. Waiting outside in the 100+ degree weather can be a bit of a beating. Stay inside the nearby hotel and walk outside when you see the Trump shuttle hotel arrive.

I had heard that I might have an issue using my AT&T cell phone. Boy did I ever. My phone dropped one phone call 4 times before I quit and sent a text. Apple's Facetime works very well with the wireless service.

The Trump Hotel provided a full kitchenette. Having the kitchenette was great. You can get a full refrigerator/freezer, stove, oven, and microwave. The only down side is that there isn't a grocery store anywhere near the strip.

Overall, I loved staying at the Trump Hotel and would stay here again on my next visit.

Room Tip: Try to stay in the rooms on the 50-64 floor. They have an excellent view of Vegas and the surroundin...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Saxplayingfred
, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, 6 July 2012
Dear valued Guest:

I'm pleased to read that you felt that you received a great value and enjoyed our non-smoking hotel. Trump International is a great hotel and we are really proud to serve all of our guests. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your feedback concerning your recent stay.

Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,700)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Very fancy hotel and well priced. Very nice beside the pool in the late afternoon as its way too hot during the day. House keeping quite slow and restaurants a little pricey but it's a very well maintained locatin. Walk over the road to air conditioned shops & restaurants or take the courtesy bus to caesars palace which is roughly in the middle of the strip.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank tonianddavid
, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
Dear valued Guest:

I'm happy that you enjoyed your time with us and felt that our location was perfect for your needs. We hope to serve you again in the future.

Gallup, New Mexico
Reviewed 1 July 2012

The Trump is a fantastic place. We got a great deal for a Saturday night. When we checked in we were offered an upgrade for 60 dollars which we took. The room was a one bedroom suite. Two full bathrooms. Full kitchen with stove, oven, full refrigerator and even a dishwasher. Utensils and some dishes were also provided.

The property has no casino and is non smoking. Great for the wife and kids. However, there was a shuttle that ran constantly back and forth to the strip. One shuttle ran to the Wynn, and the other to Caesars Palace. So you can have the best of both worlds without having to schlep through a smokey casino to get to your room.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I'm happy that you enjoyed the hotel and the wonderful aspects of it. We'll see you soon...

bryans road
Reviewed 1 July 2012

My husband & I stayed at this location for 4nights. The reservation person was excellent, check-in was Awesome. They were able to accomadate our early check,which we were very grateful. However when we went to our room it was very dusty, bathroom not clean, Blanket on the bed smelled like smoke. We stayed in that one for one night, but I ask to be moved the second day. We switch our rooms to the 52floor with the Blvd View. Upon entering in the room It smelled fresh, the bathroom was hair left in the shower and the wall of the shower. Very nasty. The night stand was dusty. We dine in the resturant for breakfast, service and food was great. I would not suggest this hotel to anyone, there are many hotel for this price,better service, and clean rooms that you have other option.

Room Tip: The doors on both of the rooms we stayed in SLAM very hard upon entering and exiting. The view of th...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lisa w
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share with us your experiences during your recent stay. I'm sorry to read that you had the challenges that you did during your stay. These types of things are anomolies and I apologize that you had to endure them. I hope that you will allow for us to serve you again in the future. I am confident that we will be able to provide you with an experience that will restore your faith in us.

Nice, France
Reviewed 1 July 2012

one of the 10 hotels we stayed at during our 16 night group trip to west USA , 8 Harley's and 1 car
stayed 2 nights here , booked through Priceline.com at a very good rate
Very nice rooms , very comfortable beds , all that you would expect from a 5*
At my opinion , the best of our 10 hotels during this trip , even considering the location which wasn't the best for Vegas
Location is OK when you have transportation, it's a 10 minute walk to the strip , or if it is open , a 10 minute walk through the mall across the street
there is also a shuttle , advice is to take it to the strip to know where the pickup location is , we wanted to find it for going back to the hotel , never found it
Due to the comments on tripadvisor , I asked and got a room on a high floor with view on the north strip
Some of my friends had troubles with the train noice , so it is a real problem
would surely come here again , but not on the regular rates which are to high

Room Tip: ask for a high floor , away from the train tracks
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, 5 July 2012
Dear valued Guest:

It's great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was our pleasure to serve you and I hope to be able to do so many more times in the future.

Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Stayed at the Trump 06/24-06/28, 2012. Got a great deal through an Allegiant Air air/hotel package which penciled out to less than $100 per night for the hotel room. That is before the $25 resort fee which is a bit much because as others have pointed out the amenities the fee covers are regularly included at other properties but it was still a tremendous bargain considering the high quality of this hotel. Another reason we chose the Trump is that its just about the only major hotel that wasn't listed on the Las Vegas bed bug registry when I was researching places to stay. The public areas of the hotel are well appointed and superbly maintained. It doesn't have a casino and is a bit removed from the main part of the strip. However for us that was a plus as it was nice to come back to the quiet atmosphere of the Trump after the zoo that is the strip. If you like to shop, the large Fashion Mall is right across the street. There are frequent free shuttles to the Wynn and Caeser's Palace, the latter of course being right in the middle of the action. Our room was on the 55th floor with a commanding view. The well appointed main room was large and included a very comfortable king bed. The bathroom was huge with a large marbled shower, vanity with two sinks plus a separate jacuzzi bath and even a TV embedded in the mirror over the vanity. Cool! Our room also had a small fridge, sink with garburator, a two burner cooktop with basic dishes and cutlery and a small coffee maker but oddly no cookware for the cooktop. We weren't planning on cooking anyway but did inquire of the maid about the lack of pots/pans and she said if we wanted some she would call and have some sent to our room. The hotel staff to a person were first rate. Friendly, knowledgable and courteous. One disappointment for us was the pool area. There was quite a bit of wind during our stay and for two days the pool staff wouldn't let the umbrellas be used which meant there was very little shade to be had around the pool. The daily high temperature averaged 103 degrees so laying in the sun for long wasn't possible, at least for me. The hotel restaurant was good although a little pricey but then so are most decent restaurants in Las Vegas. All in all I highly recommend this property.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NWDan
Dear valued Guest:

It's great to read that you felt the hotel was luxurious and that you also felt that you received a bargain. Those two terms don't always mesh well together but it appears that you felt this way about Trump International. I'm happy that you had a great time and hope that you will return so that we can serve you again.

Glasgow
Reviewed 30 June 2012 via mobile

My husband and I were travelling with my daughter and grand daughter and we selected this hotel as it was non gambling. Our check in was quick and very efficient with no problems at all. We had adjoining suites which was very convenient. Rooms were excellent, I had a few issues re remote not working for tv in bathroom and no bathrobes, called down and when we returned to our room after dinner, remote was replaced and robes in place. We had dinner in DJTs and it was delicious, our server Aaron was superb and went to great lengths to have a non alcoholic cocktail made up for my grand daughter after asking her what were her favourite flavours. It was a lovely peaceful haven in the gambling melee which is Las Vegas. The only downside was the resort fee which I feel. Old be incorporated into the room rate. Other than that I could not fault the hotel at all.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Migs12
Dear valued Guest:

I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and felt that the hotel was "beautiful." We appreciate you deciding to stay with us and hope that we will be able to serve you many more times in the future.