For a trip to Vegas in late May 2012 / early June 2012, I opted to "bet" on a "blind" booking through hotwire.com. You know: the one where the name of the hotel is hidden until you complete the booking? I had read countless reviews of hotels in Vegas, and there are many swanky ones to choose from for sure (Mandarin Oriental, Cosmopolitan, etc.)! However, I started thinking that "It's Vegas"... would I really be in the hotel room that much with the incredible nightlife scene, shopping, shows, dining etc.? So, I decided to try my luck at the "blind" booking knowing it would be a 5-star property.
When the hotel was revealed to be 'The Trump,' I was pleasantly surprised and eager to see what The Donald had to offer in Sin City. Up until my recent stay in Vegas, I was only familiar with his East Coast properties and mainly the ones in NYC. This recent Vegas trip was my 2nd time in Vegas, BUT my first time as an adult...and over 21! :) I traveled with my Mom on a "girls trip." We stayed in side by side 'Strip View' rooms on the 45th Floor. Spectacular view, particularly at night. The Mirage, Palazzo, Venetian, and Wynn are all within view at this height...and even a glimpse of the famed Bellagio fountains.
Now, on to the review! My favorite 'perk' of The Trump in Vegas? No casino. Yep, you read that right. Honestly, I really have no interest in gambling and usually find casinos to be garish, smoky and loud. At The Trump, you enter the beautiful lobby, easily access the guest check-in, and then walk towards the elevator banks...just a few steps from the main lobby!
No casino and smoke to wade through! Many, many resorts and hotels in Vegas make you walk through a casino area to access your room...not at the Trump.
So, some of you that read this may be wondering why would a person that is not interested in casino fun go to Vegas? Um, how about the incredible shopping and shows?
Speaking of shopping, if you stay at the Trump, then you have hit the Jackpot! Just steps outside the lobby are doors to a fabulous Nordstrom, which also serves as a connection entrance to the Fashion Show Mall. 'Fashion Show' is filled with many popular retail stores, is air conditioned of course, and a nice respite from summer, hot Vegas sun. ALSO, by walking through the Fashion Show, one end exits onto Las Vegas Boulevard aka 'The Strip.' You walk out and are in front of the Wynn and Encore, with the Palazzo, Venetian, and Mirage near by as well.
I mention walking through the 'Fashion Show' b/c The Trump sits 1 block off of 'The Strip'.' During mall hours, I recommend accessing 'The Strip' via the Fashion Show mainly b/c of the AC and window browsing.
At night, or after mall hours, you can walk to the Strip, but honestly, to the left of 'Trump' is kind of a wide open, undeveloped field of sorts with just a tad of a 'spooky' vibe for 2 females walking alone. Very likely harmless, but always good to be aware.
Plus, at night, one may be in stiletto heels, or dressed for a nice dinner, and who wants to get a little sweaty walking in Las Vegas heat? Opt for the shuttle to the Wynn or an $8 - $10 cab ride to the Venetian area.
Once on Las Vegas Boulevard, walking to and from other resorts is a breeze and fun to be in the midst of the action. Easily accessible walkways and escalators make navigating 'The Strip' super easy.
I found my room at 'The Trump' to be clean, spacious and comfy...great bathroom especially. Love the mini-kitchen area, especially the bar size fridge. Great for storing water bottles and snacks. 'The Trump' provides bottled water and is quite generous with that. Rooms are non-smoking which is very important to me.
In-room dining was fab and fast, and lunch by the pool was relaxing and divine.
To summarize, in my opinion, the best reasons to stay at 'The Trump' are 1. Casino and smoke free 2. Quiet location 1 block back from 'The Strip' and 3. Courteous, friendly staff 4. Great 'bang for your buck'.
I will be back in Vegas Labor Day weekend and plan to stay at 'The Trump.'
Show recommendation while in Vegas? Phantom: The Las Vegas Spectacular at the Venetian or LOVE (Beatles) at The Mirage.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Towering over The Las Vegas Strip, the Trump International Hotel™ - Las Vegas is a non-smoking luxury resort offering 1,232 graciously furnished hotel suites and 50 magnificent penthouses. Boasting the finest views of The Strip, the hotel lies where Las Vegas Blvd meets Fashion Show Drive, adjacent to the best shopping and finest casinos in the city. The Spa at Trump® offers 11,000 square feet of sumptuous serenity, ensuring that each guest’s experience is a memorable personal event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Trump International Hotel Las Vegas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trump International Las Vegas
- Trump International Hotel Las Vegas