“Fabulous Stay!”

Ranked #17 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Nashville, Tennessee
“Fabulous Stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

For a trip to Vegas in late May 2012 / early June 2012, I opted to "bet" on a "blind" booking through hotwire.com. You know: the one where the name of the hotel is hidden until you complete the booking? I had read countless reviews of hotels in Vegas, and there are many swanky ones to choose from for sure (Mandarin Oriental, Cosmopolitan, etc.)! However, I started thinking that "It's Vegas"... would I really be in the hotel room that much with the incredible nightlife scene, shopping, shows, dining etc.? So, I decided to try my luck at the "blind" booking knowing it would be a 5-star property.

When the hotel was revealed to be 'The Trump,' I was pleasantly surprised and eager to see what The Donald had to offer in Sin City. Up until my recent stay in Vegas, I was only familiar with his East Coast properties and mainly the ones in NYC. This recent Vegas trip was my 2nd time in Vegas, BUT my first time as an adult...and over 21! :) I traveled with my Mom on a "girls trip." We stayed in side by side 'Strip View' rooms on the 45th Floor. Spectacular view, particularly at night. The Mirage, Palazzo, Venetian, and Wynn are all within view at this height...and even a glimpse of the famed Bellagio fountains.

Now, on to the review! My favorite 'perk' of The Trump in Vegas? No casino. Yep, you read that right. Honestly, I really have no interest in gambling and usually find casinos to be garish, smoky and loud. At The Trump, you enter the beautiful lobby, easily access the guest check-in, and then walk towards the elevator banks...just a few steps from the main lobby!

No casino and smoke to wade through! Many, many resorts and hotels in Vegas make you walk through a casino area to access your room...not at the Trump.

So, some of you that read this may be wondering why would a person that is not interested in casino fun go to Vegas? Um, how about the incredible shopping and shows?

Speaking of shopping, if you stay at the Trump, then you have hit the Jackpot! Just steps outside the lobby are doors to a fabulous Nordstrom, which also serves as a connection entrance to the Fashion Show Mall. 'Fashion Show' is filled with many popular retail stores, is air conditioned of course, and a nice respite from summer, hot Vegas sun. ALSO, by walking through the Fashion Show, one end exits onto Las Vegas Boulevard aka 'The Strip.' You walk out and are in front of the Wynn and Encore, with the Palazzo, Venetian, and Mirage near by as well.

I mention walking through the 'Fashion Show' b/c The Trump sits 1 block off of 'The Strip'.' During mall hours, I recommend accessing 'The Strip' via the Fashion Show mainly b/c of the AC and window browsing.

At night, or after mall hours, you can walk to the Strip, but honestly, to the left of 'Trump' is kind of a wide open, undeveloped field of sorts with just a tad of a 'spooky' vibe for 2 females walking alone. Very likely harmless, but always good to be aware.

Plus, at night, one may be in stiletto heels, or dressed for a nice dinner, and who wants to get a little sweaty walking in Las Vegas heat? Opt for the shuttle to the Wynn or an $8 - $10 cab ride to the Venetian area.

Once on Las Vegas Boulevard, walking to and from other resorts is a breeze and fun to be in the midst of the action. Easily accessible walkways and escalators make navigating 'The Strip' super easy.

I found my room at 'The Trump' to be clean, spacious and comfy...great bathroom especially. Love the mini-kitchen area, especially the bar size fridge. Great for storing water bottles and snacks. 'The Trump' provides bottled water and is quite generous with that. Rooms are non-smoking which is very important to me.

In-room dining was fab and fast, and lunch by the pool was relaxing and divine.

To summarize, in my opinion, the best reasons to stay at 'The Trump' are 1. Casino and smoke free 2. Quiet location 1 block back from 'The Strip' and 3. Courteous, friendly staff 4. Great 'bang for your buck'.

I will be back in Vegas Labor Day weekend and plan to stay at 'The Trump.'

Show recommendation while in Vegas? Phantom: The Las Vegas Spectacular at the Venetian or LOVE (Beatles) at The Mirage.

Room Tip: Higher floors facing 'The Strip' aka 'Strip View' afford a spectacular view!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Paige A
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, 4 August 2012
Dear valued Guest:

Congratulations on receiving Trump International through your blind booking. I'm happy that you were pleased with your selection and we were just as pleased to have been able to serve you. Have a great day and we thank you for your comments.

Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,678)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

This hotel has the nicest rooms I have stayed in so far in Las Vegas, but the location is slightly sketchy and there isn't a casino. This hotel sits right off the strip so on a map it seems 'in the mix' but in reality there are no lights behind it so you feel like it sits on the edge of darkness, and I wouldn't walk in any direction from the hotel. Only take a car/limo and for this the hotel does have shuttles taking folks to the strip. I always travel on business (usually staying jsut one night) and I prefer to check in, get dinner and spend an hour or two at most in the casino's with minimal effort. Once my $100 is gone... bedtime. :) Still a super nice hotel and half of the building is resident owned condos - which is why they didn't want a casino downstairs. I just didn't read the fine print. The room service was top notch, the bathroom was huge and the jacuzzi tub and shower were decadent. There were two large flat screens, and a living room area - although one of the TVs didn't work. Also a cute Trump store with "you're fired" type of knick knack and fancy dog collars etc.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear valued Guest:

I'm glad to read that you enjoyed the rooms in our hotel. They are great suites that yield compliments often. We view not having a casino as a positive and market this benefit every opportunity that we get. Thank you for your feedback and for choosing to stay with us.

Haliburton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

I love going to Las Vegas I always have an outrageous time. This time I decided to stay at Trumps place cause I love the guy and it was absolutely incredible. Had a great view close to everything I wanted to see it was new and I felt like a million dollars! Would love to revisit! So long as Donald Trump JR isn't there LOL ;)

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for your feedback. You stated that you would love to return and we would enjoy having you back with us. I hope that your future trips to Las Vegas from Canada find you in our doors again.

Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

We used The Trump in Las Vegas as a base for our travels in the US this summer. We have vast experience of staying in hotels throughout Europe and The States, both for business and on holiday and we both agree that The Trump in Vegas was probably the best hotel we have stayed in!

The staff at this hotel couldn't do enough for us. They were polite, helpful and knew their jobs down to the last detail, from the check in desk, to housekeeping, to the pool staff, to the guys who ran the shuttle buses - all excellent, friendly people who helped to make our stay memorable.

The room we had (we were upgraded for free to a strip view studio suite) was superb. The view was literally breathtaking, the room was massive compared to European sized hotels. The bathroom was fantastic - huge jacuzzi, walk in shower, his and her sinks, all decorated in tasteful marble.

Housekeeping was great. Absolutely thorough and the rooms were spotlessly clean every day and a delight to return to after a long hot day. The housekeeping staff were really attentive yet sensitive when you wanted a lazy lie in. Just what you would want!

The hotel itself is lovely, fresh and has that 'upmarket' feel. We walked around practically every hotel on the strip during our stay and we agree that only the Wynn comes close to The Trump. Having the fashion show mall steps from the front door is a bonus for shoppers.

The acid tripadvisor test is 'would we stay here again'? The answer is 'in a heartbeat'! We loved our stay here from start to finish and were sorry to leave. We don't often say that about hotels, believe me.

Well done Donald. Your staff are a credit to you. Good luck with the new golf course here in Scotland!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
Dear valued Guest:

What a great review to read! We have the best team of associates in all of Las Vegas. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay and consider Trump International "the best hotel that (you) have stayed in." We feel honored to have that distinctiion. We hope to have you back with us many more times in the future.

Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

We stayed here for only two days, and had a one bedroom suite with city view. The room was elegant and lovely, with two bathrooms, one bedroom, kitchen and a living room with a pullout bed. The mattress of the pullout bed was very thin.
There is a big shopping center nearby the hotel, which was handy.

The service at Trump International was great! Whatever seemed to be the problem; the need of an extra blanket and duvet, ice or something else, they came right away. The concierge was also very helpfull. Swimmingpool was lovely! Clean, neat and elegant with enough space for everybody, but there were not enough parasols. We always found ourselves waiting for someone to leave in order to get a sunbed with parasol. But all in all, this was a lovely stay.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank THREOslo
Dear valued Guest:

Our non-gaming, non-smoking Hotel is the perfect option for travelers coming to Las Vegas. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and provided us with the chance to serve you. We hope that you will return and enjoy another stay at Trump International.

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

Arrived late Sunday. My 5th visit to Vegas in two years so i've experienced various hotels. Am sat by the pool as I type, Tuesday morning!

Valet parking only - not sure why. I'm not sure what would have happened if we hadn't got out of the car to ask what the process was. When we did, it worked well. Check in was excellent. No smokey casino to walk through - wonderful!

The room is beautiful. Only a standard room. Bathroom is outstanding. A walk in shower that's huge. But not as big as the small swimming pool they refer to as the bath! Twin sinks. The television in the bathroom mirror is very cool! Lovely.

Lounge area is great. Huge comfortable bed. Sitting area that's very pleasant.

The only "surprise" is the kitchen area. It is stocked with plates, cups, minimal cutlery, kettle, coffee maker (you've got to use the supplied coffee packs) etc. We were planning on making breakfasts whilst we were here. Nothing, nada ... not one piece of equipment ..... yet more (empty) kitchen cupboard space than the White House has!! So, get on the phone to housekeeping, state your "order" and up it comes! Promptly! And a phone call later to check everything's been delivered to our satisfaction! Outstanding service. For info, we requested .... a frying pan, spatula, sponge, washing up liquid, sharp knife, chopping board!

Swimming pool is small compared with some. But perfectly fine. And i don't know whether it's because there is no casino, but there's no yobbish element around the pool, drinking too much and shouting too loudly. We heard the "train" throughout the day but never at night (Room 4709). Gym looks good but I was too busy on my sun lounger to test it. Yes, the hotel is off the strip but it's only a five minute walk (through the air conditioned Fashion Mall when it's open) and the minibus to Caesars is excellent. As for those who took the minibus to Wynn .... you lazy, lazy ********!! We didn't find walking back later in the evening at all worrying even though the hotel is just off the strip.

As a general observation, the staff are absolutely the best in any Vegas hotel I've stayed in. Nothing is too much trouble. So if you come here, just ask if there's a problem ... in my experience, it gets sorted quickly. Wifi worked excellently in the room. It did by the pool too, but I'm not sure it was supposed to!

Things I'd like to change about the hotel ..... the resort charge is ludicrous at $25 a day, I'd get a Starbucks in situ (the coffee prices on site are steep), I'd encourage a bit more pro activity - it reacts to the customer (we had to ask when we arrived at valet rather than the attendants greeting us - first impressions are so important, we didn't understand the lack of kitchen utensils rather than being warned in advance that we'd need to "order").

And finally, the $64,000 question ..... would I stay here again ... absolutely!!! And I will, the next time I'm in Vegas.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mtjon007
Dear valued Guest:

We really enjoy serving our International guests and we are happy that you selected our beautiful hotel as your hotel of choice while you were in Las Vegas. Thank you for your constructive feedback and for sharing with us your comments. Have a great day!

Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

We stayed at the hotel at the same time as the the Miss America Pagent. The hotel was busy but it didn't seem to bother them the service was great the rooms were one of the nicest I've stayed in. The hotel offered valet only parking quick was a little cumbersome when I came and went several times a day but we didn't have to wait too long. We had to go down the road to the Winn to visit the casino. There was an odd thing in the room however, One of the closet cabinets were locked in the room. I though that was odd. The price was great for the room. The pool area was great and we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Doug M
Dear valued Guest:

I see that you are from Salt Lake City. Being that you are so close to us, I hope that you will make it down often to stay with us and enjoy Las Vegas. That's great that you were here for the special event. We appreciate your business and hope to be able to provide you with many more great experiences.