“Wise choice”

Ranked #13 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Wise choice”
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Based on the previous reviews I was a bit worried about what to expect. But it turned out that the hotel is very good. When we arrived, there were no lines for check-in, the receptionist was very nice and when we asked for a high floor room, we got 58th.

The hotel itself is very good-looking. The lobby and all public areas are very airy and elegant, lots of marble, giant bouquets, and not that crowded. Of course, if you need a giant casino right outside the elevator door, this is not a hotel for you. But if you don't, you get nice private and luxurious boutique-like atmosphere and absolutely no cigarette smell (which I mind a lot in other resorts). You don't feel like walking around a gigantic, cheesy and impersonal shopping mall combined with an even bigger casino full of shouting and drunk strange people. Moreover, it doesn't take you a lifetime to get from the entrance door to your room. For me, it was ideal to look around the other resorts and return to such a cozy and tranquil place at the end of the day.

The room is quite spacious and well appointed. Yes, there are signs of wear but nothing very significant. The bed is huge and very comfortable and there's plenty of storage space in the room. The sofa could face the window so you could enjoy the view - I ended up sitting on its edge every evening watching the scenery. I didn't really understand the point of a kitchenette in the room - I just can't imagine anyone cooking meals while on holiday in Vegas. The floor-to-ceiling windows are great, I enjoyed the view very much even though we didn't have a strip view, but we were still lucky as the room was facing the Wynn, Encore and Palazzo hotels, so the view was still quite amazing. The A/C was very quiet and worked well. The room is also very quiet, but you still can hear the traffic on the strip, therefore I highly recommend asking for high floors. There's an extra door for every two rooms separating them from the main corridor which means you can't hear anything from the hallways, either - very smart. The bathroom is excellent - very elegant and spacious. Mirror TV is a nice touch. We weren't given any slippers and bathrobes which is, for me, a serious flaw considering that the hotel has a pool… Of course, you have to pay the resort fee which is, I think, 20USD per room per day (unless you book it through some travel agency which has it already included) although the hotel isn’t really a resort, but you at least get a free wi-fi.

Location - probably the most talked about aspect of this hotel. It's true that the hotel isn't directly on the strip. It's a bit off and right next to an ugly deserted lot. However, it takes you only about 5 walking minutes to get to the Wynn/Encore (or you can take a free shuttle) which offers everything you might be looking for in Vegas (shops, casino, restaurants...). If you need even more shops, just go across the street to the Fashion show mall which is enormous and also offers many good restaurants. There is also a shuttle bus going to the Caesar's palace, which is right in the middle of the action, every 30 minutes or so. Unfortunately, the shuttle gets full very quickly and not everybody fits in. It would be perfect if the hotel provided more/bigger shuttles. If you can't fit into the bus, just take a taxi, there's always enough of them in front of the hotel and they're not that expensive. Since the hotel is a bit off the strip, it's also much quieter. I haven't been to any other hotels in Vegas, but considering that I could hear a bit of the street noise from our room, which was high up and not on the strip, I assume it's much worse in the other properties closer to the strip.

Finally, the only serious downside. The pool area is just not good. Compared to other pool decks it's really nothing. It’s small and crowded, not enough sunshades and you get kicked out of the cabana (which is basically just a lounger for two persons) unless you reserve it and probably pay for it in advance (And we only sat there because it was in the shade and there were no sunshades available near regular loungers).

All in all, the hotel offers a great value as it’s considerably cheaper than other resorts on the strip and it still offers great rooms and exquisite 5* atmosphere. If the shuttles were more frequent/bigger, the pool area nicer and we were given bathrobes and slippers, it would be perfect. But still, considering the price, it is great and if I was to visit Vegas again, I’d probably return to the Trump.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, 30 August 2012
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for your comments. We are happy that you selected to stay with us and we hope that you will do so many more times in the future. We would enjoy having the chance to serve you and look forward to hosting you again.

Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,726)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We chose this hotel because of the no smoking policy. Our room was excellent. However, we were in a corner apartment with a shared entry (an entrance to each of two apartments inside the common entry door). The people in the other room were smoking. I raised it with reception and the occupants received a visit from management and were told that they would be charged a $250 cleaning fee. They obviously decided that now that they were going to pay $250 they might as well smoke all the time. So now it just got worse. The smell came under our door as well as in the common foyer area. I complained again and management's soluion was to offer to move us. I told them that it should not be my problem and that the smokers should be charged $250 per day or booted out. Nothing was done, weak management unable to deal with the situation. The attitude and ability of the management was really disappointing. We selected this hotel because of the no smoking policy but came up against a management team who just weren't up to the job. Why did this become my problem. The swimming pool gets a zero out of ten. It is the worst pool on the strip. It is totally boring and there is no shade.

3 Thank Peter4006
Dear valued Guest:

Let me reassure you that we do not have any smoking rooms in our hotel and we are a non-smoking hotel. We cannot provide warnings on the registration card, tell our guests that we are a non-smoking hotel and put signs in the rooms. If someone decides to smoke, we can only take reactive measures. Please know that we do not tolerate smoking and it appears that you were the victim of another careless guest's actions. Thank you for your review and please come back to stay with us the next time that you are in town from Australia.

Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 25 August 2012

This is a great hotel if you want to be close to the Vegas scene but far enough away to avoid the huge crowds. Upon arrival, our room wasn't ready so we were given an upgrade to a corner suite. The room was gorgeous and had amazing views. The space was wonderful and the bed was very comfortable. We had no complaints about the room. I used the fitness center and it was very nice and all equipment was well maintained. We did request a room opposite the train track and I only woke up one time due to the horn. It passes quickly so it just wasn't an issue for us. We ate breakfast twice and it was fine. The staff was very courteous and friendly and we felt well taken care of. The hotel is busy but you don't feel overwhelmed by people as you do in some of the other large hotels. It is a much more relaxing atmosphere and there aren't a lot of drunk twenty something's clogging the lobby and acting like idiots. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a upper floor on the side opposite the train tracks. A corner suite has amazing views.
Dear valued Guest:

I'm happy that you had a great experience. We were pleased to have served you and to read that loved your stay at Trump International.

Gulf Beaches, Florida
Reviewed 25 August 2012

If you have to go to Vegas and want to find a quiet place to stay that is close to it all this is the place you are looking for. The rooms are huge, well appointed, gigantic bathrooms, comfy beds. There is even a wet bar/kitchen set up with just what you need. No nasty smoke smell and no gambling. Great little bar and public area. Incredible gym, nice quiet pool area. Right across the street from Fashion Mall and only about a block off the strip. Exception value especially if you can dial in the location with a discount online booking site. Have had room service and eaten in the restaurant and it has always been excellent. Service is fantastic. Free water, coffee maker in room. They will shine your shoes for free. They also have a free shuttle over to the strip. No...I'm not related to "The Donald"

Room Tip: Ask for room with limited train noise...not sure which side that is but on one of my visits I could...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear valued Guest:

Non-smoking, Non-gaming are a few of the wonderful features about Trump International. It's great to read reviews from our valued guests like yourself. I'm happy that you gave us a try and I now hope that we have won your loyalty so that we can have you back many more times in the future.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 August 2012

The rooms are nice and spacious. The appliances are above par and the showers are huge. The pool area is nice but could use some more shady areas or umbrellas. Unlimited bottled water is promised, however you get 2 or 3 at at time and must keep calling for more. (tips of course expected) The only real problem with the room was the sofa bed mattress. It was very uncomfortable, even for a kid. Since the rooms are all king beds, if travelling with kids the sofa bed has to be used. We complained and were given a mattress pad, however it had uneven padding and had to be used folded over. We were promised a second mattress, but one never showed. If you plan on walking to the strip, use caution because the sidewalk on the north side of Fashion Show Dr. ends without notice and you end up in a live lane of traffic. We found this out at night, and it was rather unsafe. The staff was very friendly and I like the fact that there was no smokey casino.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side are quieter as there is less train noise.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank blumpster
Dear valued Guest:

We enjoy serving our international travelers and we are happy that you selected Trump International to meet your travel needs. I appreciate your feedback about your experience on our sofa bed. I will be sure to look into this challenge. Have a great day!

Reviewed 24 August 2012

Mid week this hotel offers exceptional value for the room. We upgraded to a 1000sq ft room on the 51st floor. The views, over the strip, especially at night are spectacular. The room is over the top, a double and a single shower, a double jacuzzi, kitchen, living room, two large TVs and a tv in the mirror in the bathroom.

However, it is meant to be a luxury hotel and I was surprised by the lack of attention to detail. The tv in the living room did not work and it took a while for a technician to arrive to repair it. The electric lights in the living room mid not turn on, some cutlery was missing in the kitchen so we had to share. The sofa bed was broken.

Be careful about extra costs. They charge. $25 a day resort fee. A jug of orange juice cost $25 and breakfast is over the top expensive for indifferent quality.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Dear valued Guest:

We appreciate your comments and are grateful that you selected Trump International Hotel Las Vegas for your traveling needs. We enjoyed serving you and hope that you will allow for us to do so many more times in the future.

Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Trump Hotel in Las Vegas is a cheap hotel, and by cheap I don't mean the nightly rate but I mean that the hotel is just awfully cheap. Just read the letter (posted below) that I wrote to the General Manager, Brian Baudreau. He didn't even bother getting back to me.

-----

Dear Mr. Baudreau,

My girlfriend and I stayed at your Trump Hotel in Las Vegas for two nights in August. I had heard many great things and thought it would be great because it carries the Trump name. Upon arrival, we were surprised to find out that there was no self parking. That was fine but later when I called down for my car, I was informed that I could not call up my car from my room. So we went down and I handed our ticket to the valet staff. Even during non peak hours, we had to wait a minimum of 15 min. We missed our dinner reservations just for this reason. Needless to say, the valet system was inefficient.

The room had several issues. The toilet was clogged and an engineer had to be sent to our room to fix it. The TV did not work. The front desk sent engineers to our room multiple times and they could not fix the TV. Later we ran into one of your employees in the elevator and he was taking up a new TV to one of the rooms. We engaged him in a conversation and he informed us that the hotel needs to replace the TVs. He literally told us that the hotel "cheaped out" and that's the reason all the TVs are falling apart. The room we had wasn't pleasant either, since there was a train that woke us up twice. I expressed my dissatisfaction to the front desk. The only thing they did was waive the resort fee.

When we checked out, we noticed that my car had been damaged in the front right side. I was very upset and I kindly filed a property damage report with Kevin who works security. He asked me to wait a week and that I will hear from Clyde Turner, Head of Security. I waited 10 days before I called Mr. Turner. He was not in so I took down his email from the lady who answered the phone and sent him an email. He got back to me the next day and claimed that his investigation concluded with the valet not being responsible. I emailed him back the same day and asked him to look into full footage and valet reports for the entire time we were there (August 3-5) as the damage may have occurred at any point during our stay. He has since not responded, which I find is even more unprofessional than not getting in touch with me first.

The Hotel could not be measured as 5 stars by any standard. I would like to see the issues I experienced during my stay resolved and that I am compensated for the damage to my car. I look forward to hearing from you.

Room Tip: Don't stay at Trump Hotel in Las Vegas. Unless you like waiting half an hour for valet, no self...
10 Thank Michael T
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share with us your experiences during your recent stay. We have had mulitple hotel Directors communicate with you both on the phone and through email concerning your claim. It was shared with you that we were able to determine the aforementioned "damage" was present upon arrival and we thought there was closure to the situation. Concerning your claim about our rooms being cheap, we have high end LG televisions along with our Sub Zero, Wolf and Bosch appliances. Have a nice day and please know that we appreciate your business.