“Has its ups and downs” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Trump International Hotel Las Vegas
Ranked #19 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Has its ups and downs”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

I am a die hard Vdara guest, but thought I might try this property once since they offer very similar amenities (full kitchen, etc). First off I will say that if you are dependent on cell phone reception, be careful.. the reception is horrendous at this property. Little to no service on any floor. Next, if you book on priceline or any other secondary hotel booking engine, be very careful as the room type you select may not actually be what you think you are booking. I was extremely confident that I was booking a 1 bedroom suite based on the wording on Priceline's website, however when I checked in, it was a studio, so I ended up having to upgrade and pay more than expected, and the staff seemed to know this was an issue. Besides those issues, the room was quite comfortable and the room service and staff were great. The one bedroom suite is nice, it has 2 full baths and a pull out couch.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,652)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

One of the interesting facts about the Trump Hotel is that it is one of the few hotels in Las Vegas that doesn't have a casino. Therefore, after a day of gallivanting around the Strip, it's nice to return to peace and quiet. Moreover, the rooms at the Trump are quite spacious, even in the studio apartment I stayed in.

For those looking to have easy access to a casino, don't stay here, you will be disappointed. For those who want a more home-like atmosphere, consider the Trump. Our studio contained a kitchenette, tons of closet space and a huge bathroom that included a stand up shower and jacuzzi tub. The hotel offers complimentary wifi for those that need to be connected. The gym is well equipped with various cardio and weight machines. Though, I do wish they had more options for weights, but I won't cry over it.

Yes, Trump is off the Strip. It's about a ten minute walk from Las Vegas Boulevard (and Wynn Drive). The hotel, however, does offer complimentary shuttle service to both the Wynn and Caesar's Palace. For shopaholics, the Fashion Show Mall is just across the street from the hotel.

The staff are quite pleasant as well. We ordered room service and our server even laid out a white tablecloth before setting the food down...nice touch.

I would consider staying here again if/when I'm back in Las Vegas.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor (26 or over) and one that overlooks the Strip.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Leopold
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

The hotel itself was lovely lovely lovely. We had a 1 bedroom suite overlooking the strip. Perfect for a family. The rooms, bathrooms etc were massive. We loved the position- being close enough to walk along the strip but further enough away that you weren't in the hustle and bustle of the strip. We loved that there was no casino and no smoke. We used the shuttle bus but found Caesars Place so big to walk through it was quicker just walking from the hotel. That's the good. The bad is the service in this hotel was the worst I have ever experienced in all my years of travelling. I will not go into every detail but I wouldn't have expected this level of service from a basic 3 star hotel let alone somewhere like the Trump Tower. Every single thing was drama and communication between staff was no existent. Would we recommend this hotel- not if want to enjoy your holiday!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MVM81
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear valued guest,

We appreciate your review of Trump Las Vegas and are pleased that you enjoyed your suite along with the location of the hotel. I would like to apologize for the service you encountered not being in line with the standard one should expect from a Trump Hotel. It is our goal to provide the highest level of service and again I apologize that we missed the mark during your visit. Thank you again for your comments.

Regards,
Brian Baudreau
General Manager, Trump International Hotel Las Vegas
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

We had no specific expectations as this was our very first stay at a Trump property. Now we are spoiled that many other hotels will not live up to our stay at the Trump. From valet park to check out, everyone was extremely pleasant and helpful. The room was everything we could ask for and then some. Every amenity we needed was there. This will now be our hotel of choice when we visit Las Vegas again. If I have to add one negative, I would say to check your room service bill as there are multiple added charges. Some of these are standard Las Vegas add ons. Although the service was excellent I will probably not do room service again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Alvinf
Denver, CO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

All of the bad reviews regarding theft stressed me out before my trip because I prepaid and couldn't back out. Either I have nothing worth stealing (true) or the hotel took action but we had no issue. The Trump is not, however, a 5-star hotel. 4-star is fair based on the facilities. I got a cheap rate through a discount site - I would not have paid $250/night.

Location: Excellent if you like to walk or take the public bus. Trump is right behind the Fashion Mall so very close to the strip. It's no worse than having to walk through the MGM casino to get outside. We had no issue getting a cab from the hotel either, although I had hear this used to be an issue and that's why they provide a free shuttle to Wynn and Caesar's. The public bus was just as fast as a taxi at rush hour and so much less expensive. The stop is right outside the front of the Fashion Mall.

Room selection: If you don't want to pay for the strip view, but you are concerned with the train noise get a room on a higher floor. We stayed on 47 and we could barely hear the train.

Pool: Very nice, but I only read poolside. My impression is that it's not the same as the big hotels where you go out there to get a cabana and be seen, but that's not my end game so this was quiet and relaxing. Take your shades because the reflection off of the building is bright.

Service was just okay but nothing special. The guys at the front of the hotel were the most helpful. We used the shuttle to Caesars and the driver was a lot of fun. Be aware that the drivers do not pull up to the line if check-in is busy and we missed a bus because of that - should have told us, but no harm done.

Restaurants: I don't think they had any, but there are lots of places to eat nearby (walk, taxi, or shuttle).

Bar was pretty lame. There's no casino (fine with me) so one would expect a good bar. The bar had a poor beer selection. Bud Light and Stella, really? There are SO many good micro brews today on the West Coast and there are a couple of microbreweries in Vegas so my expectation of a 5-star hotel is that the bar would carry better selection. Wine by the glass was so-so and the cocktail menu was nothing special. Happy hour was advertised in our room somewhere but that was pretty lame - I wouldn't care if the selection were better.

My room was comfortable. We slept well, the bathroom had plenty of space (I love big showers!), and there was a couch in the room to lounge before going out to the strip. Ample closet space gave each of us our own place to hang up our clothing. There's a kitchenette so we could keep our beer cold (since we couldn't buy good beer at the bar).

Room Tip: Strip side is best but costs extra. If you don't want to pay extra, get a room on a higher floo...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kab77
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is really awesome!!! The staff is always helpful And the room is huge even when you are in the cheapest room. I loved that!!! There's no cassino And shopping inside but it's not a con. Because you can Cross the street to get one of the best malls in Vegas , fashion show!!!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Augusto N
Victoria, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

Trump hotel is just off the strip - a short walk on the sidewalk or longer through the very large, pleasant mall across the street.
The rooms are fantastic - large and well equipped - I was on the 59th floor with a fabulous view.
BUT
1. The hotel has absolutely NO atmosphere with no Casino.
2. 4 nights and the clock time in the room was never corrected - or a battery provided for the remote that did not have one
3. The room was dusty after housekeeping
4. I attended a company dinner - the food was very average but the service was THE WORST I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED IN ANY RESTAURANT.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank oblimov18
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for providing your review of Trump Las Vegas. While you were pleased with your room and the view we do apologize that you were disappointed by other areas including the housekeeping and service received at the restaurant. Your comments are appreciated and will be used as we continuously evaluate our service performance.

Regards,