“I expected more from Trump”

Trump International Hotel Las Vegas
Ranked #16 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Wilton, California
“I expected more from Trump”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I chose this hotel because of the reviews, the location, the no smoking and the absence of a casino. I'm not sure what all the excellent reviews are about. I found the rooms to be well appointed and very clean but the rooms are NOT quiet, you hear noise from the hallway as well as street noise and train noise even if you are on the 35th floor. Unbelievable.
The rooms all have kitchenettes yet there is NOTHING in the way of equipment to use in that kitchen. We were not at all informed of how to get what you need at check in, this is a huge miss for me. I was billed twice for our room and had to call and speak to three different departments to get it cleared up. All in all I have had MUCH better experiences at other hotels.

Room Tip: Maybe it is quieter on the non strip side of the hotel.
1 Thank averageperson12
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear averageperson12,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas. We truly appreciate all forms of guest feedback and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests. It was of course great concern I learned of the inconsistencies in service you experienced. Please accept my sincere apologies that you were left to feel disappointed in any way.

I would like to assure you that we pay careful attention to feedback. I hope to have the opportunity to restore your confidence and welcome you back to our property,

Brian Baudreau

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,686)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 14 July 2014

So I go to Vegas often for work so it is not quite as exciting as it use to be for me. This is the first time I stayed at Trump International and it will be the last time I stay any where else in Vegas. The staff was courteous and beyond helpful and the hotel was super clean. I enjoy that their is no casino in the hotel. I walked right into the lobby and right to the elevator without all the crazy blinking lights and obnoxious slot machine sounds. It made me forget that I was in Vegas. I cant wait to stay there again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Vince F,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Trump Las Vegas.

We are thrilled to learn that our casino-free establishment made for an enjoyable visit. We understand that when coming to Vegas you have many choices and we greatly appreciate you choosing Trump.

We cannot wait to welcome you back as our valued guest.

With sincere thanks,

Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Great experience. I've been to Vegas many times and this is my first time back in a few years. Me and my girlfriend decided to try the Trump after going through all of the online reviews and comparing prices. This was absolutely the best bang for your money on paper and I can truly say that it was a great selection and I can't see myself staying anywhere else for now on when I visit.

Pros - Its kinda off the strip but it's not really off the strip. It's only a quick walk or shuttle ride down to the Mall or to the Wynn which is directly on the strip. I believe it's better not being on the strip because it's quiet and you don't get all of that casino traffic you get in the other Hotels. Rooms are beautiful. I mean it's just a great stay. I do have some cons but nothing that will prevent me from staying again.

Cons - I read other post regarding the train noise and I can definitely see how that could be bothersome. I stayed on the 53rd floor so I heard the train horn but it could probaly be a problem if you stay on lower floors. So i would suggest stay on the higher level floors. Here's one thing that I suggest and I really hope someone takes this serious. The elevators are extremely too fast. I dreaded getting off and on them. I understand the high speed thing but do you really have to take us 60 levels in 5 to 10 seconds? Slowing them down a little bit won't hurt anybody. Feels like an amusement park ride. I was lightheaded every time I got off and on them, and I'm a 35 years old male in great shape. I can only imagine what it would do to a senior aged person. The women who cleaned our room did it perfectly 3 days out of 4. One day the lady barely did anything. I"m not sure if she was a replacement or not, but i didn't want to leave a tip when i was checking out because i was scared she would get it.

That's my Cons, here is my suggestion to make it a even better experience. I think the place needs a club.. either at the pool or rooftop or somewhere. That would make it even better. Anyways thanks for the great visit. I'll definitely be coming back.

1 Thank Pete B
Dear Pete B,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a detailed review of your recent stay at Trump Las Vegas.

It is reviews such as yours that keep us informed as to what our guests are experiencing during their visits and allow us to compliment where needed and also improve if needed.

We would like to let you know that we are currently working with the local authorities on a resolution for the nearby train. We would like to apologize for the disturbance.

Once again we appreciate your pros and con review and we would like to thank you once again for recommending on Trip Advisor.

We look forward to welcoming you again as our valued guest very soon!

With kind regards,

What a wonderful hotel.
Quiet, clean, with a great swimming pool and an incredible spa.
The room is a wonderful surprise... It is huge, with a complete kitchen, living room, king bad and an enormous bathroom with a jacuzzi.
I wish I could live in that room forever.
It is in front of the Fashion Show mall and it has shuttle to downtown for free.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Aninha F,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your recent stay at Trump Las Vegas.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our rooms and the amenities they offer and also our dazzling pool and relaxing spa. We are always happy to know that our guests were able to enjoy our entire property during their visits.

We hope you will keep us in mind the next time you are in Las Vegas - we would love to welcome you again as our valued guest.

Newburgh
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Everything about this location was first class. Beautiful room with sitting area, hot tub and huge walk in shower, built in television in bathroom mirror, small kitchenette in room. In, addition it is located right across the street from a huge mall with all the major department stores, designer stores, and numerous restaurants within couple minutes walking distance. Staff in all departments were wonderful. I would definitely staff here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Patrice F,

Thank you for recommending on Trip Advisor your favorite features and amenities of your recent stay at Trump Las Vegas.

We are happy to read that you enjoyed our rooms and our convenient access to the Fashion Show Mall. Most importantly our teams efforts to to ensure you received Five-Star service.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

All the best,

Lakeville, Minnesota
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We were able to book two 2-BR suites at the Trump Tower with my sister-in-law's timeshare benefits for a few nights. WOW - what an awesome experience! From start to finish this hotel and staff did not disappoint! We had a small snafu at the check-in (my SIL hadn't arrived yet), but Ellen and Bernard set everything right and got us into our rooms.

If I had the opportunity, I'd stay here again in a heartbeat!

PROS:
- Valet parking (some may see con, but I loved it)
- Superior posh experience
- Very kid friendly
- The rooms have doorbells (DOORBELLS!!!)
- Full kitchen
- Pool area and staff (they brought extra towels at the very hint we may need them - providing before we realized)
- No smoking
- Amazing views

CONS:
- No casino on property
- Off the strip (convenient shuttle to Caesars and Wynn every 15 minutes)
- Limited restaurants and bars on site (short walk to Fashion Mall)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Monkida,

We are always grateful to hear the pros and cons of our guests experiences during their visits.

We hope to welcome you again should your travels bring you back to Las Vegas in the near future.

With sincere gratitude,

Lawrence, Kansas
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This was our first trip to Las Vegas, and if we ever get back we'll stay at the Trump again! It was very quiet and relaxing after being on the strip! The non-smoking policy was great for us, and was one of the main reasons we picked the Trump. Additionally, with no casino attached it was very quiet and easy to get some sleep. Rooms are large, service staff was great, hotel was clean... what more could we ask for? The location is great during the day, we just walked across to the Fashion Show Mall Nordstrom's entrance and had a leisurely, air-conditioned walk down to the strip. The only knock i would have is that at night, with the mall closed, it's a pretty dark 100 yard walk from Las Vegas Blvd to the hotel. If you're in a group it should be no problem, but it was a little disconcerting the time i walked (quickly) alone at 3am. I would suggest taking a cab after dark.

Room Tip: there is a train that goes through at 6am and 9am every morning on the back of the hotel. rooms in t...
Dear eric b,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Trump Las Vegas.

We are honored that you chose Trump for your first Las Vegas experience!

We hope we are given the opportunity to welcome you again should your travels bring you back in the near future.

With kind regards,