We stayed at the Trump the beginning of July- we were attending the Barbershop Harmony Society Convention that was being held at the MGM Grand and we decided to stay at the Trump because it was part of the Hilton Grand Vacations and by using out timeshare points we could save $$$. The great thing about the Trump compared to the MGM Grand was that there was NO long checkin line - we were checked in and up to our room within minutes. I was rather impressed by the opulence of the hotel - I had expected that, huge lobby (but the mismatched flower "arrangements" in the huge, tall vases drove me nuts!), the rooms were nice - with all the little amenities - bathrobes, etc. But once you got past that then you started seeing the little things that were annoying and surprising in a hotel of this caliber. The phone in the living room was chirping constantly, so we had to call to have that replaced, the lighted makeup mirror in the bathroom did not work, the stove was nice- but we have to call the front desk to figure out how to unlock it and turn it on! directions stating such would have been nice to have found in a drawer - but then again maybe not a lot of people actually use the stove? One of the most annoying things was that they went chintzy on the cable lineup- pretty much just the basic channels, including several sports channels and news channels - neither of which are my favorite! Very surprised to see that there wasn't even HBO or some of the other more popular cable stations available. Granted, we were not in Vegas to watch TV, but when we did it was usually late at night to wind down from the convention activities and it would have been nice to watch something other than news and sports! I was also concerned that with all the marble in the bathroom and shower area that there wasn't some sort of rubber/vinyl safety mat for the shower. Showers became a dangerous activity with the marble becoming slippery once hit by soap and water. But the one thing that REALLY had me peeved was that when it came to supplying the kitchen with utensils, plates, etc... they only had TWO of everything - two forks, two spoons, two glasses, etc -- quite annoying because that meant having to wash the dishes every day if you wanted to use them for more than one meal. Granted, again we didn't eat many meals in the room - we did do breakfast daily , so when we came back at night if we wanted a snack or a glass of something - we had to wash it from the mornings breakfast - and forget it if a friend or two came back to the hotel with you - as for drinks there were only two glasses so we ended up having to use the paper cups in the bathroom - not ideal for wine! We were told upon checkin that since it was part of a timeshare package that maid service would be on the third day - well the third day came and went and we came back to find no maid service - so I had to call to get that arranged for the next day. One of the nicer things - that we didn't realize until someone pointed it out, was the hotel does NOT have a casino - so it was GREAT (as singers) not to have to walk through a smokey area to get to the elevator. So, would we stay here again? Possibly - the price was definitely right! But if we had to pay the full price, most likely not. Plus the fact that it is quite a distance from the monorail to the other hotels on the strip, and once you got last the immediate opulence of what they were trying to convey - then the little things started to be annoying and brought the hotel down to the level of any other chain in the area.. Any of the staff we had contact with were great - very personable and efficient in their jobs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Towering over The Las Vegas Strip, the Trump International Hotel™ - Las Vegas is a non-smoking luxury resort offering 1,232 graciously furnished hotel suites and 50 magnificent penthouses. Boasting the finest views of The Strip, the hotel lies where Las Vegas Blvd meets Fashion Show Drive, adjacent to the best shopping and finest casinos in the city. The Spa at Trump® offers 11,000 square feet of sumptuous serenity, ensuring that each guest’s experience is a memorable personal event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Southall Travel, Priceline, TravelUp, Travelbag, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Trump International Hotel Las Vegas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trump International Las Vegas
- Trump International Hotel Las Vegas