“This was a very disappointing stay.”

Trump International Hotel Las Vegas
Ranked #13 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This was a very disappointing stay.

Room was decent in decor, did find it hard that the curtains over the large window were hard to close as they were not automatic. The down pillows were very thin and I could feel the feathers poking through while sleeping, which it made it very conformable as I stayed at your hotel for MAGIC trade show. Therefore I did not have enough rest to go to work the next morning from tossing and turning.

2) This is my biggest issue, coming back to the hotel after working all day at MAGIC. I was hungry ordered room service, which was a complete fail! I ordered the metal ball sliders which was cold and the garlic fries did not come with them as mentioned on the menu. Cheese tortenalli was undercooked, i was eating raw pasta. Next, the calamari cold and not crunchy.
I don't know what happened, but my appetite was ruined. I called to the front desk to pick up the meal as it did not want to see it, cause I was one hungry but displeased. No one picked up the cart from my front door till 7 pm the NEXT DAY. Room was cleaned but the food cart was still left at my front door.

Tub was not cleaned, it had a rim of dirt around it. Which was sad cause it looked like a nice tub.

I wouldn't stay at this hotel again unless the food service changed and the customer service was on par.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
11  Thank genevieve c
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear genevieve c,

Thank you for your stay at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas.

We appreciate your comments about your experience. Please be assured we take all feedback seriously, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests.

I hope to have the opportunity to restore your confidence and welcome you back to our property in the future.

All the Best,

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

If you don't need slot machines or a night club in your hotel lobby, but want to be near the energy of the Las Vegas strip (and the Fashion Mall across the street) then perhaps the Trump hotel is for you.

The rooms are spacious and well laid out, with a kitchenette, plenty of useable wardrobe space, and a large bathroom with an immense jetted tub.

The hotel has it's own spa, fitness centre, and restaurant. The pool area was nice, it had its own bar to grab a drink and lounge on a poolside rented cabana. The only negative feature was the shallow, four foot, max, depth of the water.

If you're booking directly through the hotel then sign up for a Trump Rewards card. They monitor your preferences and, prior to check-in, will give you different or additional pillows, robes... and remember these preferences on return stays.

The staff are helpful and professional. As they should be considering the Trump has a higher star rating, and can be a little pricier than the average strip accommodation. (not in our case, we got a great deal by researching online)

Tip: Ask for, and pay the inexpensive, upgrade to a, higher, strip facing room. It's worth it, and you don't risk being woken by a passing train on the other side of the hotel.

Enjoy

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James D

Dear James D,

Thank you taking the time to provide such great feedback on TripAdvisor, and for sharing your experiences about your stay at Trump International Las Vegas.

I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed the service you received, as well as the amenities such as the poolside bar and cabana.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

All the Best,

Reviewed 20 August 2014

The Trump Hotel was the perfect choice for us. Rooms are beautiful, with everything you could possibly need. As everyone says, the non smoking is a big bonus. At the last minute we requested a late check-out which was granted without hesitation, so we could use the pool. I only wish we could have spent the whole day at that pool. Just perfect with great service. As far as the trains, yes we heard them, even from the 44th floor. For about 30 seconds, and then we went back to sleep. If you have sleep issues it may be a problem for you, if not, don't give it a second thought. Everything else about the Trump is worth a couple seconds of interrupted sleep! We would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear BabsMN,

Thank you for recommending on TripAdvisor your favorite features and amenities of your recent stay at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas.

I am happy to read you enjoyed your accommodations and the service you received, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stayed at Trump for the first time a few days ago. It had been a few years since we were in Vegas and went because my 82 year old Mother In Law wanted to go back. We picked Trump because we wanted a luxury stay with some pampering. Everyone we encountered was wonderful to deal with. Very friendly and always making my Mother In Law feel very special. The view from our Corner Suite was great. The restaurant & bar were very good. Food was great, drinks were good. Overall, we couldn't ask for anything better. We will stay at this Trump Property again

Room Tip: We saw a few reviews about Train noise. I suggest get a corner suite. We slept peaceful and loved th...

Dear Neal T,

I am happy that you shared such a special occasion with us, and appreciate your sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

It is very pleasing to read that both you and your mother-in-law enjoyed your Corner Suite accommodations, the service to make the occasion feel special, and our other amenities.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Trump Las Vegas in the near future.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Having been to Las Vegas several times I thought I was back for much the same big Las Vegas hotel scene. I was so wrong! If you WANT the noise and toxic air of a casino in your lobby, if you want to walk and walk in a maze to find your room, if you want to wait in long lineups at the registration desk or restaurants - then THIS gorgeous boutique hotel is NOT for you! From the moment we arrived we knew we were someplace where we could kick back in luxury and relax after the long days of taking in the sights. Fashion Show Mall is literally across the street! Their shuttle service to the Wynn and Caesars was so convenient. The breakfast bar set up in the lobby was so yummy for people heading out early. Staff were so friendly, helpful and the doorman said "welcome home" whenever we returned. Our room was on the 53rd floor - we could still hear the train whistle when it passed - but personally I love that sound. This will be my LV hotel for future getaways and can't wait to take my daughters there!!

Room Tip: If you like views - go high! A/C works very well, you may want to turn it down in the evening. If yo...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Picklelakegirl

Dear Picklelakegirl,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your accommodations, the location and convenience of the hotel, the shuttle service and other amenities.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Trump Las Vegas in the near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I really liked that it was not a casino, as the masses were not walking through, the noise level was low and NO SMOKING smell! It was a nice retreat after visiting the strip. The hotel provided a complimentary shuttle to the Wynn and Caesar's and it cycled every 15 minutes. Very nice service! The room was spacious and clean and the hotel staff was service oriented. The pool scene was fun and again the staff was ready to serve. They set up our comfortable lounges with towels, brought around complimentary ice water, and the menu had nice meal selections. The elevator banks were divided in floor sections, so there was no wait time to get from floor to floor.

Room Tip: Facing the mall is also overlooking the pool. Pretty but if you need to nap during the day, the loud...

Dear Kim32459,

I am very happy to read you enjoyed the hotel's convenience and cleanliness, the service of our staff, and your visit to our pool.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 20 August 2014

In the bathroom there were no hand towels, the light switch was broken, the toilet seat was not fastened and the toilet tissue dispenser was not afixed. There was an ice bucket and martini shaker in the room, but no glasses and the welcome binder was covered with dried ketchup. In short, the room was dirty and poorly maintained. Not a 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
6  Thank Tom B

Dear Tom B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas.

We truly appreciate all forms of guest feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests.

It was with great concern I learned of the inconsistencies in the room quality you experienced. Please accept my sincere apologies that you were left to feel disappointed in any way. I hope to have the opportunity to restore your confidence and welcome you back to our property.