“Definately Trump! We'd be happy to go back!”

Trump International Hotel Las Vegas
Ranked #16 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Calgary
“Definately Trump! We'd be happy to go back!”
Reviewed 31 December 2009

We selected Trump because observations made by some of the earlier reviews that were intended to be negative (e.g. away from the casinos/no smoking) were actually attributes for us. The resort fee includes valet AND Health Club (though the in-room guest book mentions something about a $22.00 user fee for the Health Club...this is obsolete or not applicable) for both of us, so we dismissed comments to this effect.
Overall we loved the Trump LAS. Reception/check (though for us bewildering at first as it is not clearly marked) was superb. Our porter showed us attributes of our suite we would not have known otherwise, so it is well worth having baggage delivered to the suite. Staff throughout our stay were gracious, attentive and friendly. We appreciated security asking us for a room key one late evening, as we arrived with a bag of goodies in tow (looking like we were going for at a registered guest's suite). A billing issue at the end of the staff was corrected without question.
The room was "masculine" by design; it means business and delivers Trump as we know it. The bathroom was gorgeous and the toiletries were lovely.
On other notes, even though we were on the 52nd flr, I guess we are light sleepers and woke periodically to train blasts (which apparently is not reserved just for city view) and aircraft / helicopters (as we were on or close to a flight path), as well as the ambient city noise.
I was not a big fan of the Spa...hmmm. I wandered in and found the attendants were more interested in chatting about days off than showcasing a possible treatment that would give this business hotel a "romantic" feel. Though the staff are great in the Health Club, I asked about spraying down equipment (especially mats) after I ran and stretched out. They seem to not know or expect Health Club users to do this....I immediately went to the room and showered with a feeling of "icky". It would be great if that floor was a tight as upstairs service-wise.
I didn't expect a one night stay to be immediately charged to the card after booking. As I frequent more upscale hotels, I was unaccustomed of this practice by a hotel branded as luxury, but will respect this practice for the future (being a residence/condo establishment will treat it like a boutique hotel stay). Trump LAS actually renewed our interest in Las Vegas because it is so un-Vegas-y. We'd be happy to go back.

2 Thank Notam
TrumpLV, Vice President & Managing Director at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, 7 January 2010
Dear valued Guest:

I truly appreciate you taking your valuable time to share your experiences about your trip to Las Vegas. I am pleased to hear that your experiences were positive and that you were able to enjoy the beauty and luxury of the Hotel. I hope to see you again the next time you are in Las Vegas. Consider yourself officially invited back.

Brian Baudreau, Vice President & Managing Director, Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,686)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
UK
Reviewed 30 December 2009

We stayed in a corner suite at a good rate just before Christmas. The hotel is off the strip, but close enough and away from the noise and the endless guys trying to hand out cards for girls!! Our suite was enormous and luxurious. Huge well equiped bathroom with large tub next to a picture window. The suite also had a full kitchen with everything you could possibly want. Staff were efficient and friendly and everything went smoothly. Our later experience of a supposed top rated hotel on the Strip (simply awful) proved what a good hotel the Trump is.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank AorN
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for your feedback and I am pleased to hear that your time with us was a positive experience. This is a unique Hotel for this market and one that more and more guests are calling their Hotel of choice in Las Vegas.

I know that your time is valuable, so thank you for sharing your experience with me. Please come stay with us again as it is our true pleasure to serve you.

Worcester, England
Reviewed 29 December 2009

The Trump Hotel is located just off the main strip, within easy walking distance of many of the main casinos. The beauty of The Trump from my point of view is that it does not have a casino, so is realtively quiet - yet you have easy access to all the hustle and bustle of Las Vegas just minutes away.
The hotel is conveniently located opposite the Fashion Mall, and is close to many eateries and attractions. The rooms were large and practical, and the hotel was good value for money.

Dear valued Guest:

It appears that our model of being a smoke-free, casino-free Hotel was able to meet your needs and I'm pleased to hear it. I agree that our location allows for our guests to enjoy all that Las Vegas has to offer, without having to be forced to experience it if you choose not to.

Thank you for your kind words and I am glad to see that your experience was a positive one. Please know that we appreciate your business and I hope that you will return the next time that occasion will permit.

North Carolina
Reviewed 29 December 2009

I found Trump Hotel (TH) on Priceline and booked the room over Christmas for $100 a night for a single room. My husband and I were happy to know the hotel is smoke free. If you are a smoker don't bother reading on because you CANNOT smoke in the building.

We were offered an upgraded to a one bedroom suite for an additional $50 a night, I wished we would have because I was told by some other guests that the suites are amazing. Our room was on the back side of the strip which faced the railroad tracks. We were on the 33rd floor and could hear the trains in our room on all 4 nights we stayed. This did not bother me; however, if you are a light sleeper you may want to upgrade your room to the other side of the building for an additional $25 a night.

There is a resort fee of $15 a day. I have stayed at other 5 star hotels and this is a low fee compared to some resorts where I have stayed. I was shocked by some of the write ups in Trip Advisor. I am not a world traveler and have only stayed in 8 other 5 star hotels within the US and Caribbean and TH is highest on my list. The hotel smells great, the employees are top notch, and the food is great. I am extremely happy with The Spa; my husband and I were pampered 3-days in a row; which I highly recommend if you enjoy indulging yourself.

There is no casino inside the hotel; you have to walk a good 10 minutes to Wynn. We were told that Trump was not given a casino license due to his bankruptcies. I am not sure how true this is; however, it did keep down the bums, homeless and vagrants inside the hotel.

One of the downsides of this hotel is that you are off the path of the strip. If you are looking for the party atmosphere this is not the hotel. While we were there (over Christmas) there were mostly older adults and/or families with young children. I did not see the young crowd; party atmosphere and it didn’t even seem like we were staying in Las Vegas.

Another hotel to consider if you enjoy a more quiet and smoke free atmosphere is The Ritz Carlton located in Lake Las Vegas approximately 25 miles away. We were there twice once for dinner and another time to just hang out. The Ritz is joined with another hotel that has a casino so you are able to gamble on what seems like their property. Again this is an older crowd and not very appealing to someone who wants to party and have the time of their life.

1 Thank MissKimandMrE
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay. We are proud to present an alternative to the traditional Las Vegas Hotel/ Casino. I am happy to read that your enjoyed our smoke-free environment and how pleasant it can make a stay with children and a family.

We'll see you again the next time you return to Las Vegas.

Salt lake City, Utah
Reviewed 29 December 2009

Let me first start by saying what a great hotel. The service for the hotel was above the rest. We stayed four nights and by the end of the second night most doormen and valet workers knew me by name. The rom was wonderful, large and clean. The hot tub in the bathroom was huge! A t.v. in the mirror in the bathroom was a nice touch. All in all on the hotel side was great. Other reviews complain about the $15 "resort fee". No big deal! They tell you about it at check-in. Quit crying, other places are charging $20-30. The gym was great and valet parking is the best. I do wish internet was incuded but not a big dea. The resturant on the other hand was a joke! After a long day of vegas we decided to grab some coffee and desert and go to our room. Getting seated was a task in itself. After getting seated we waited about ten minutes I had to go and find our server. I made it evedent that I was not happy.With a lot of apologies she took our order which was 2 coffees and a crembrula. The coffee came in our own french press and was good. After a few minutes the crembrula came out. WHAT A JOKE! It came out on a fancy dish with a blueberry on it. It was about 4 inches square and about 1/4 inch thick. There was not even enough to fill one of our spoons up. What the heck? Needless to say I was not happy and knew that we should of left after I had to go find the server. Our server knew I was not happy with our whole experience she did not charge us for the coffee. The money is not the point here. The service sucked and the dessert was a joke. All in all the hotel was wonderful but stay away from the resturant!

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the Hotel and that the Resort Fee was presented in a forthcoming fashion. We know that most Hotels have moved toward this model and that their nightly charge is in excess of $15 per night. I appreciate your honesty.

I am sorry to hear that your experience with DJT, our signature restaurant was not positive. Although it has received rave reviews, it appears that we have some room for improvement and I will ensure that these changes are implemented immediately.

New Mexico
Reviewed 28 December 2009

I was excited to stay in a hotel named after an individual for whom I have great respect and admiration. However, the room was a disappointment. We stayed for three nights early December. The resort fee was a surprise to my boyfriend, but I had read about it prior, so I told him to not worry. However, the resort fee didn't include simple things such as Internet access. I had to pay several dollars for an opportunity to print out our boarding passes, as I didn't have the conformation number ahead of time and had to print from my private email. Secondly, I was very disappointed that I found a bathrobe hanging in the bathroom when we arrived, so I placed it on the floor with the used towels in the morning, and viola! it was layed out on our bed when we returned to the room later that day, along with the two robes hanging in the closet. I agree with an earlier posting about the washcloths. We had loads of hand towels, and two facecloths. The temperature control didn't seem to work accurately either. It was extrememly hot in the room and we were glad it was December and a little bit cool.
We did get to see many of the runners out of our window for the Rock and Roll Marathon.
I am not sure if I would recommend as it had too many issues to be tied to the name Trump. I was dissapointed to say the least.

1 Thank NMgirl66NewMexico
TrumpLV, Vice President & Managing Director at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, 4 January 2010
Dear valued Guest:

I would like to sincerely apologize for the challenges that you endured. Our standards are high and it appears that we fell short of our goals in serving you.

I hope to have another opportunity to serve you in the future and correct a lot of the challenges that were presented to you. Thank you for taking your valuable time to share with us your experiences.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 28 December 2009

Since I'm not really a "gambler," I honestly PREFER a hotel with no casino in it. I come to Vegas either on business or for the food, spas and entertainment. It was nice to stay somewhere without a load of clanging slot machines buffeting you the moment you walked thru the door. In addition, we got a very good Travelzoo deal for $109/nt.

When we arrived, check-in was VERY efficient and speedy. Our room was on the 55th floor and we had a view straight down the Strip. The room was spacious and had a well-equipped kitchenette (including Sub Zero mini fridge, Bosch microwave and Cuisinart toaster and blender). The bathroom had a huge marble shower and separate Jacuzzi bathtub, double marble sinks and a flatscreen TV INSIDE of the mirror! The furnishings are very clean and modern and the room felt luxurious.

The best part of the entire room was the bed! It was easily the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in -- IN MY LIFE! The front desk told me they are made by Stearns & Foster specially for Mr. Trump, but that he thinks something similar is available through the company. The sheets were high TC and the pillows and comforter were lofty and plump. The hotel also offers a 4 p.m. late checkout for no additional charge, which was perfect since we were out until 4 a.m. the night before.

My complaints are extremely minor: no call-down service for the valet (but the wait was usually only about 10 minutes), no free WiFi ($12/day is a little steep and I felt it should have been included), no additional toiletries like mouthwash or toothpaste and the shampoo/conditioner wasn't very high quality. Boyfriend also thought there should be some sort of rubber mat for the shower, since it was all marble and was very slippery once wet. My only other comment is that the lobby is a little bit gauche (but, it's Vegas...what lobby isn't?!).

All in all, I thought this was a FANTASTIC value and, as I said, the best bed I've experienced in my life. I will definitely be back.

p.s. in response to those who say it's "off the Strip," it's not. It's on the older part of the Strip (near Circus Circus), but it's not technically "off-Strip." Also, when it's 110 degrees outside, I don't know who is actually WALKING from casino to casino, anyway!!! Seriously? Doesn't everyone take a cab everywhere?

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank spycygrl
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for sharing with us your feedback during your stay. I'm happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our location and proxemity to the strip, our 4pm checkout, the check-in process, the high end appliances and our beds. There is no question that quality is apparent in every detail of the Hotel.

Please come visit us again the next time that you are in Las Vegas. We would be honored to serve you again and share our beautiful Hotel with you.