“Hotel was fabulous, just the right size!”

Ranked #18 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
MA
“Hotel was fabulous, just the right size!”
Reviewed 5 January 2010

I stayed at the Trump from December 31 through January 3. I was able to secure a great deal on the room through Priceline, and was extremely satisfied considering other lesser-quality hotels on the strip were charging double the amount of money for NYE in Las Vegas. Priceline makes no mention on their website about the $15 per day resort fee, but I already knew to expect it based on feedback here as well as the Trump website. Checking in was a breeze and we even got "Happy New Year" hats at the front desk. The entire staff was courteous during my stay, and the doormen were especially polite. Our room was on the 22nd floor offering a city view as opposed to the strip view...not too impressive but I was fine with it (the whole idea is to be on the strip, not watching it from your window). The room was immaculate and the bathroom was--as others have noted--absolutely amazing. I do wish, however, that the television in the bathroom had a guide, since the channels aren't the same as the television in the room. The bed was extremely comfortable and the kitchen was an excellent touch, though I must admit we did not use the appliances. All in all, the Trump is an amazing hotel, especially for those who want a quiet place to return to after those long Vegas nights. It is a bit of walking from the central strip (Bellagio, Caesars, etc) but it's a short cab ride and it was worth staying there as opposed to the Venetian which wanted $1400 for our trip dates.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank msshortee
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, 28 October 2010
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for sharing your comments and opinions concerning your most recent stay with us. I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay. I hope that you will allow for us to serve you again in the near future.

Regards,

Brian Baudreau, Vice President & Managing Director
Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,668)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
toronto
Reviewed 5 January 2010

Stayed at this hotel in Dember 2009 and I would not stay at this hotel again for the following reasons:

1. No self parking. Valet parking only which is free but still need to tip everytime.

2. Mandatory $15/day resort fee! Are you kidding me? It was freezing (frost) cold and the hotel does not have a resort. If they call their little pool a resort then they are out of their mind. This was even more annoying as I had pre-paid for my hotel room in advance through 3rd party company and the charge was suprise.

3. THIS HOTEL IS NOT (LET ME REPEAT, IS NOT) on the Las Vagas Strip. You have to walk through a dark street (at night with no lights)with no sidewalk for a block and then you get to the Las Vagas BLVD. The walk is dangerous at night and you can get hit by cars and oncoming cabs. The hotel is located beside an empty construction land which is not at all pretty.

4. Additional charges for room with view of BLVD.

5. No rooms with 2 beds. I was given a room with a queen size and sofa bed. I would have had a better nights sleep at the a local motel. Upon opening the sofa bed, I found old shopping receipts in the bed indicating that the sofa bed had not been cleaned after the last guest left YUK.

6. This hotel has NO CASINO. Gambling is a big part of my vagas trips and if there is no casino then thats a big negative for me. I heard from a cab driver that the hotel could not get a casino licence due to lack of funding.

7. Leaking Shower in the room.

8. Expensive Internet access.

On the Plus side:
- The room was well decorated.
- Clean lobby
- Helpful staff and easy check in/out.

In conclusion, I would stay away from this hotel and hope to never stay here again.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank CoronaBoy
TrumpLV, Vice President & Managing Director at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, 18 January 2010
Dear valued Guest:

I am sorry to read that your experience with us was not a positive one. We truly pride ourselves on providing the best service and product in town and it appears that we fell short of our goal with your experience. I would like to apologize to you for your poor experience.

I hope that you would reconsider staying with us again as we continue to evolve as a property. I am confident that we can provide an experience to you that will be memorable.

Brian Baudreau, Vice President & Managing Director, Trump International Hotel Las Vegas
Maryland
Reviewed 4 January 2010

Great room, housekeeping excellent and staff friendly and helpful. However, at a $25 buffet breakfast, the decaf coffee tasted like INSTANT (ugh), and the orange juice tasted like juice made from concentrate with additional sugar (yuck). I asked the omelet cook what oil she was cooking with, and she said it was butter. Maybe so, but I couldn't detect the the faintest hint of butter flavor.
On the following morning we walked across the street to the mall for breakfast

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
Dear valued Guest:

There are so many things to enjoy about the Hotel and I'm glad to read that your stay was excellent. Please know that we have taken your comments concerning the beverages at breakfast and have made sure that we are using nothing but top quality beverages. I would like to apologize to you for your breakfast experience and hope that you would give us a second chance to serve you over a meal at breakfast.

Thank you for sharing with me your experiences and I hope to be able to serve you again.

Miami
Reviewed 4 January 2010

We stayed at this hotel over New Years. They are a very pet friendly Hotel and highly recommend.
Our checkin process was easy. The hotel is set up so that you can walk your dogs through the lobby with great ease. All you get is a big smile and someone opening the door. There is a grass area for walking dogs to the rightside of the property.
This hotel is in a great location 1 block off the strip and across the street from Encore..
Can't wait to come back.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Dear valued Guest:

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our pet friendly environment and were able to travel with your dog. Our goal is to allow our guests the option to bring their dog so they can have the "whole family" with them.

We appreciate your business and look forward to meeting you in the lobby. Feel free to bring your dog back to stay with us as much as occasion will permit.

los angeles, california, USA
Reviewed 3 January 2010

summary: while the rooms/lobby were top-notch, the service cannot be considered five-star especially compared with truly five-star hotels like the four seasons. i give this hotel 4-stars while my wife gives this 3.5-stars.
especially the train noise would be a deal-breaker for many including us.

pros:
nice spacious room. comfortable bed. clean. kichinette is a nice plus.
my wife thought the spa was nice....small but had all the necessary amenities. good deep tissue massage.
friendly staff
restaurant food was decent. decent cocktails.
relatively inexpensive room rate.

con:
slow service.....faucet handle was broken and it took almost an hour and a second phone call before this was resolved.
we were on 34th floor and yet can hear train horn in the middle of the night which was loud enough to wake me up. (may be you would hear the train noise if you booked a strip-view room instead of a city-view)
location is not really on the strip although it is close to the strip.
i didn't like that there was no option for self-parking....i don't mind valet service if the parking staff can retrieve cars fast but i can see how this can be a problem when there are so many people who want their cars at the same time.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pasta-carbonara
TrumpLV, Vice President & Managing Director at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, 7 January 2010
Dear valued Guest:

Please know how grateful I am to receive your comments. We have a huge responsibility as a team to provide a level of service the matches the beauty and luxury of the Hotel. I see that we fell short in some areas and I would like to apologize for that.

I hope that you would consider giving us another chance to serve you again.

Albany, New York
Reviewed 3 January 2010

The hotel is "mere steps away from the strip". What it does not say is that it is a full block from the strip by way of a poorly lit, abandoned parking lot that does not even have a side walk in parts, forcing you to walk in traffic! It is definitely unsafe to walk by your self, even in the daytime.

While the website allows up to four adults in a room, they don't tell you that they must sleep on a pullout couch, with a thin, uncomfortable mattress. Therer are no roll away beds. The staff at the lounge pretty much ignored us. While others were sipping their drinks, it was not until we approached a waitress that we found out that the bar had been closed.

Service was spotty. We had only one coffee cup the entire stay (although we had informed staff). There is a tea pot but no tea. One day we did not receive any hand wash cloths.

The rooms are beautiful so if you want spend your entire vacation in bed, then this is the place for you! However, if you plan to go outside and see the sights and sounds of Las Vegas, I strongly recommend staying elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank VeteranMom
Dear valued Guest:

In reading your comments, I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I hope to have another chance to serve you to show you the service and luxury that we have been known to have.

Thank you for your feedback.

Los Angeles
Reviewed 2 January 2010

The outstanding: The room...or should I say the 900 sqft one bedroom suite on the 36th floor. Contemporary decor with lots of marble, fluffy white towels and bathrobe, and a stunning view from floor to ceiling windows. Also the maid service was very accommodating, clean and quick.
The very good: Staff was friendly, the valet was quick, except on NYE, and helpful with directions, although we were told the wrong way once. The location was fine, it was close enough to the strip and my wife and I prefer to stay in a non-mega hotel without a casino.
The average: The restaurant took 45 minutes to prepare a simple sandwich and salad. In their defense they were VERY apologetic and comped us the lunch. Also the strip view room we booked was not available when we got there. Why not? How does that happen? How do you confirm a reservation of a room a week earlier and then not have it available on the arrival day? In their defense the front desk gave us an upgrade. The upgrade was superior in size but we lost the strip view since they no longer had any available for the type of room we reserved.
The bad: The $15 resort fee. I don't care about the money, I do care about business ethics. What's wrong with this charge Mr. Beaudreau ? Why do you think so many reviewers on this site have criticized this mandatory fee? Simple, it's easy to miss the information about this fee. It's missed in the fine print, or the hotel booking staff forgets to inform the guest or one member of the booking party forgets to tell the other members. Once missed the person feels deceived especially since it is a mandatory charge. Why not be transparent and just add it to the advertised price of the room?

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SubPsyche
Dear valued Guest:

I appreciate you taking your time to share with us your experiences during your previous stay. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the suites and our associates. We truly have a great Hotel.

Concerning the Resort Fee, I appreciate your candor. Resort Fees are very common and are found at most Las Vegas Hotels. We include many a la carte fees to make it more convenient for our guests. I hope that our Resort Fee would not prevent you from experiencing the luxury and service that we offer at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas. I hope to see you again in the Hotel.