“Great Hotel”

Ranked #16 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Australia
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 6 April 2010

Stayed in the Trump Hotel in March 2010 for 4 Nights.
Great Hotel, Great Rooms with huge bathrooms. Great location away from the noise of the strip. Had the best sleep ever.
Bell staff where great, pity the front of house staff where a bit more friendlier and more knowledgeable.
Only issue I could raise was that this must be the only Hotel in the world that does not supply Tea in the room as coffee was supplied. When asking for tea was advised that there would be the $5 room service fee plus cost of the Tea bags. Even asked if they could replace the coffee for tea this was not possible. Strange for a 5 star hotel to have no tea bags in a room.....
Mr Trump i think you would be "Fired"

1 Thank JetSetter71
TrumpLV, Vice President & Managing Director at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, 20 April 2010
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for choosing Trump International as your Hotel of choice during your last stay in Las Vegas. It was truly our pleasure to serve you and we hope to have additional opportunities in the future to serve you and your family again.

Regards,

Brian Baudreau, Vice President & Managing Director, Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,685)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
aachen
Reviewed 5 April 2010

this is truly a great hotel.
i would consider myself a critical person, but i can hardly think of anything to criticize at this hotel.
reception staff was friendly, quick and helpful.
the lobby is welcoming and five-star material.
the room is fantastic: HUGE luxury bathroom, spacious rooms with marvellous design, a funcional kitchen (which sometimes can be helpful in vegas) and a comfortable bed (a little soft for my taste, but hey...)

maybe the only thing i could complain about is that they have only valet-parking available... oh, and of the ten days we spent there, they had elevator issues on three days. aside from that, great value !
keep up the good work, trump. and try not to go skyrocketing with the price :)

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marecg31
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for sharing with us your experiences during your most recent stay. I too believe our Hotel is "fantastic" and I'm pleased to read that our staff and the Hotel allowed for you to relax and enjoy your time in Las Vegas.

We look forward to serving you in the future...

Regards,

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 5 April 2010

I got stuck with the Trump through a Priceline submission. (Which itself was a total scam - after "naming my price," they ended up tacking on a pile of fees and taxes and charged more than 50% higher than I agreed to, with no recourse. The price I name should be the price, period! This isn't the Trump's problem, although they tacked on a "resort fee" the day-of, as well... but worth a mention, anyway.)

I was staying at the Trump a couple nights with an extended family member. The hotel was very well appointed and what you'd expect for 5-stars, but when we got to the room we found only one bed. Apparently, the advertised two beds actually included a fold-out couch. When we phoned the front desk, they told us the only way to get two real beds was to upgrade to a penthouse suite at considerable additional cost. When housekeeping made up the sofa bed, it had a thin sheet with no quilt or comforter, and I had to sleep and shiver all night directly by an air conditioning vent. The sofa was quite uncomfortable and very small - at my height, my feet were hanging off the end!

I imagine the Trump could respond with "buyer beware" and say that I should have known that this was a business suite, but it wasn't possible for me to know this since the hotel was sprung on me by Priceline. I noted above that the Priceline scam charges weren't the Trump's fault, but what is their fault is that they're associated with Priceline at all. I'd humbly suggest that the product they offer is not at all what most travel-site customers would expect to get, and they should really get off these sites and focus on marketing elsewhere so that unsuspecting users don't get stuck with this again. Again, a very nice place, but not at all what I was looking for.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank SkyHighYYC
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share with us your experiences during your most recent stay. It was truly our pleasure to serve you. I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay to level that aim to please, but I hope that you will give us an additional chance to serve you.

We'll see you again soon,

Providence
Reviewed 3 April 2010

We didn't consume anything in the hotel. But when we checked out, we had a $ 200+ bill. The hotel said we had a spa (we didn't) . She couldn't find our signature so she said she will cancel the charge but she said she actually saw us having the spa!! We confirmed several times at the front desk and over the phone that we won't be charged but they charged us anyway after we left the hotel. They knew that it'll be hard to get our money back and we would just let it go after we left? We called several times about it and they kept directing us to different departments. Now the fee is still charged and no one would resolve this.
Also, mind the RESORT FEE. They won't tell you about this fee before you book the hotel and you can only know about it when you see your bill at check-out. It's $16.8 per night.
The service people are not very nice, including the one that we gave $20 tip.
TIP: If you still want to live in this hotel, please check the bill when you check out! They will charge you many additional fees "by mistake"

6 Thank triptrip_10
Dear valued Guest:

I would like to issue you an much needed apology for the challenges that you encountered during your most recent stay with us.

Please consider giving us a second chance to serve you. I am confident that we will be able to provide you with a flawless experience.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 29 March 2010

I decided to stay at the Trump during my 4 day trip to Las Vegas for a tradeshow last week. It was walking distance to the Sands Expo Center - either through the Fashion Show Mall or down the street. I really liked that there was no casino or smoking in the hotel - a nice change from the rest of Vegas. Check-in was easy and they had a room (4205) ready for me even though I arrived a few hours early. The room was fantastic, with a big comfortable bed, good size tv, fantastic bathroom, comfortable robes, nice view. I do wish they had a few more hangers in the closet. And the resort fee was kind of steep, but the bottled water came in handy prior to and after being outside in the dry desert air. I got a great rate ($100/night) on Priceline which made it worthwhile, but I would probably not stay there again because I enjoy the action at the Palazzo, Wynn, Encore and Bellagio a little more now that I steared clear of it this trip. It is an ideal choice however; just depends on what you're looking for.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank superfan13
Dear valued Guest:

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the fact we do not have have a casino and are a smoke free hotel. These aspects have become a favorite of our guests that like to have a quality stay without the typical vegas smoke filled casino.

I hope to have a chance to serve you again in the near future.

Pasaden
Reviewed 29 March 2010

Booked through Priceline. Got great rate, considering March Madness. Used the $20 bill trick and requested a high, strip-facing, one bedroom; worked flawlessly. Only spent one-night, but everything about stay was great.

We're given early check-in; when requested late check-out was given till 4pm.

The pool was a little small, but not overcrowded.

Ate dinner @ the restaurant; was pricey for size of meals, but good quality food. Recommend the dirty martini's.

People who complain about the walk are lazy; also plenty of cabs available. The absence of a casino was also a nice change; saved me from the late night drunken gambling.

Definitely recommend & will stay again.

2 Thank dippity81
Dear valued Guest:

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have a very friendly staff and a beautiful Hotel and I was happy to see that you were able to enjoy both.

Please come back to stay with us and it will be our pleasure to serve you again.

Tucson, AZ
Reviewed 28 March 2010

As former Las Vegas residents we have pretty high expectations when it comes to hotels. We chose the Trump for the location i.e. close to strip and shopping and easy freeway access to get to our off strip destination. In the plus column I would say that the lack of casino, divine bed and bath robes, roomy room, deluxe pool area and location were the highlights. On the minus side the resort fee, charge for internet, poor valet (you can't self park), and a 28 dollar charge to use the in house phone one time were draw backs. Also we were on the 55th floor and you can really hear the road noise which was a surprise. I would say avoid eating at the hotel as it is mucho dollars and you can eat cheaper across the street. However, overall it was lovely and we would do it again.

2 Thank Tucsontravel21
TrumpLV, Vice President & Managing Director at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, 2 April 2010
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share with us your experience during your most recent stay. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the amenities and the attention to detail that this Hotel brings.

I hope to serve you again and would like to thank you for your business.