“Quiet undestated elegance all around -- simply exceptional !”

Ranked #13 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 2 August 2010

this is our first time staying at the trump las vegas and initially we hesitated because of the mixed reviews i had read on trip advisor so i thought i give it a try first hand. Well, trump absolutely did NOT disappoint ! we have stayed in many 5 star resorts around the world and trump is truly exceptional in the room decor which is very tastefully decorated and the service by housekeeping and front desk are fantastic.

i presume some of the mixed reviews come from people who were expecting something else quite different. imho, if you are like me, in the 50s, wanting a property that exudes quiet elegance, upscale living, extensive fitness room, exceptionally efficient service, smoke-free environment, no casino, then trump las vegas is THE place for you. however, if you are in your early 20s and expecting rowdy atmosphere by the pool and loud partying with drinking and getting drunk and abnoxious then trump is NOT the place for you.

we were lucky enough to get a corner premium corner suite on the 58th floor and the view is to die for ! at night, when i am in the bath tub, i can see all the neon lights right outside because the window beside the bathtub is huge.
the full kitchen is great...sub zero fridge, wolf stove and oven, bosch dishwasher and microwave and dishes and pots were all brought up so quickly for us. in our unit is 2 full bathrooms and the handy kitchen where venetian has no kitchen and only 1 bathroom. the size of the master bathroom is huge ! it even has a plasma tv built into the mirror.

i was anxious about the elevator accelerating and decelerating too strongly but it absolutely did NOT do that. i have vertigo and i had absolutely no problems with the elevators. they were efficient and not shaky at all.

others have also complained about the location being far away from everything, but they have a complimentary shuttle that brings you to the strip every 15 mins and if you have your own car, the trump location was no probs at all. it is directly a hopscotch from the fashion show mall , nordstroms, and across the street from encore/wynn. we really
liked the trump location.

in conclusion, if you want to try out the trump but you have hesitations like i did, let me reassure you that you will not be sorry. trump is definitely a very upscale property that exudes grandiose and luxury with quiet elegance. we know we will be back to the trump on our next visit to vegas. we love our corner suite very much.

thank you trump las vegas for offering us such excellent accomodations/amenities.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank cliu
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2010

Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share with us your experiences during your most recent stay. I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed your experiences with us. Please consider yourself officially welcomed back as it would be our true pleasure to serve you again.

There are newer reviews for Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

Reviewed 2 August 2010

After considering other hotels and reading different reviews, I was going to stay elsewhere as we were on a budget. I don't even remember how I ran across the Trump International Hotel Las Vegas but there was a special of $96 a night and we were staying 2 nights so we took it. I was so glad that we did. I spent about $25 more than the other 2 places that I was considering but after coming home, I realized that I made the right decision. I have to say first of all, we try to go the cheap route when coming to Vegas, staying at places like the travel-inn or travel lodge, super 8 and so-on, so the opportunity came about to have a little bit of luxury for not much more so we went for it.
Let me start with things that I didn't like about this hotel (which isn't much) just to get them out of the way.
Dislikes: There is a train that runs fairly close to the hotel that whistles very loudly at all hours of the night. (other reviews have stated that as well but you get used to it and pretty soon it doesn't bother you.)
For security reasons, there are outer-doors that you have to use your key to open up and then your room door and the next door is inside of a foyer and it becomes very loud and slamming of door sounds when people are coming and going. That can get annoying when it is late at night and you are trying to sleep.
There is a resort fee of $14 that you have to pay for each day you stay, and I think that if you use the pool, spa, and so-on, then yes, you should be charged, but if you don't use these services, you shouldn't be charged and should have a choice.

So if those are the dislikes, then this hotel is still within the 5 star calibur for me.
I stayed in room 5500 on the 55th floor in a studio with a strip view and these are the likes about my stay:
As mentioned in other reveiws, there are certain ammenities that are here and not at other hotels that I stayed at: TV in the bathroom mirror, jaccuzzi bathtub, giant tv in the sitting area, king size bed (with the most comfortable mattresses and bed linins that were so crisp and clean, I never wanted to leave the bed), plenty of sitting area (with a couch and 3 chairs), the full kitchenette (complete with toaster, microwave, stove-burners, mini fridge, blender, utensils, and cookware), hair dryer, separate shower and toilet room, bathroom scale (just in case you want to weigh yourself while on vacation?), robes to use, iron and ironing board, lots of closet space and drawer space, free newspaper and the most amazing view of the strip looking towards treasure island all the way to Mandalay bay.
The staff was incredably helpful and went out of their way to make sure that all our needs were met and were available for anything at anytime. They truly went above and beyond for us and I felt like I was an important guest. In other reviews I saw that people hated the fact that there were staff members waiting by the elevators and checking keys and I felt that it just helps to make sure only hotel guests get on the elevators and it wasn't a bother for us to get our keys out, as we needed to get them out to enter the room anyway. We ended up stuck at the excalibur hotel and didn't want to spend a fortune getting back to our hotel so we called the bell desk to ask what we could do that was cheap and they said, no problem, and sent a car to pick us up. No charge whatsoever. (We did tip the guy, but that was much cheaper and faster than any other means of transportation). That is what you call number one A+ service.
It is across the street from the Encore and Wynn and next to the fashion show mall so not exactly on the strip but you have about a 2 minute walk (the width of 1/2 of the mall) to get to las vegas blvd. On some of the other reviews, people talked about how far it was from the strip and was not very convenient, I think that is because some people are lazy and probably should walk if they are going to complain about 120 seconds of walking. I think that the location is more towards the middle of the action, very centrally located.
Overall, I was very pleased with the level of value, luxury, friendliness of staff, ease of checking in and out, comfort level of the rooms, and location of this hotel. I am telling all of my friends about my stay and will aways stay here while in Vegas and hopefully get the same room as I was completely satisfied with my stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2010

Dear valued Guest:

I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that this will now be your hotel of choice when coming to Las Vegas. We look forward to serving you again and I'd like to thank you for your posting.

Reviewed 2 August 2010

Sooooo nice, we didn't want to go out. Bathroom is amazing, with hot tub next to the window and tv in the mirror. You have shuttle service to the strip. Full kitchen with appliances, great view, bed do comfortable... We are coming back soon!!! Thank you Trump Hotel!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for your kind words concerning your experience. We enjoyed serving you and hope to have many more opportunities to do so.

Reviewed 31 July 2010

We were extremly impressed with the Trump. The hotel reception is exquisite and had the most wonderful smell piped through all day long. The whole hotel has a very high quality feel to it. We stayed 3 nights and booked a City View Suite, and that is exactly what we got. Fabulous room. Very large. The most comfortable bed i have ever slept in. Lovely kitchen area and seating area with large windows with a view of the city. Huge bathroom with a whirlpool bath, seperate shower and toilet. The hotel pool was very good also. A very welcome place to go to cool off. Hotel staff extremely helpful and polite. The Trump is very different to the other hotels on the strip and this is what we liked the most. It was so nice to be able to get away from the wonderful madness that is Las Vegas for a short time. We liked that it was slightly away from the strip and that it was also non smoking. Just across the road was the Fashion Show Mall so it was very easy to cross the road to the Mall entrance and get onto the strip that way. We did not eat in the resturants, only had some drinks and snacks by the pool which were reasonably priced. We would stay here again but perhaps get a room with a view of the Strip.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2010

Dear valued Guest:

I have received innumerable compliments about our hotel not having gaming and being smoke free. We are pleased to provide an alternative to the Las Vegas traveler who wants to come for it's myriad of entertainment options, even if gaming is not one of them. We hope to be able to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 31 July 2010

Hillary at the front desk remembered us, was kind enough to give a free upgrade to strip view. Room was very clean and comfortable. Loved the shower and tub. The train was a bit loud, take the good with the bad. Staff very helpful, very well run hotel. It was a short walk to the strip, take note early birds that the shuttle does not start running until 10am.
If you trek across to the fashion show mall and it winds around to the strip, much more entertaining and cooler walk than up the road.
Spa was excellent, Debbie is the greatest and super knowledgable. You want to book with her for sure. The spa is quite nice, however you need to go to the pool area to use a hot tub. There are no baths in the spa, but does have nice rain showers.
Would definately stay again, my new favorite Vegas hotel!
Many thanks to excellent staff for a relaxing and enjoyable stay.

Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for you kind words. We have a world class spa and a great staff. I will be sure to share your words with them to add to their many accolades. We hope to be able to serve you again, so please come back and stay with us.

Reviewed 31 July 2010

We are a modest family with modest means, this trip was for our 20th Anniversary, we splurged! The ammenities were awesome, more than I even dreamed. The room was so very luxurious, I wanted to pack it up and bring it home! The guest service was friendly and even better than that, the staff greeted you by name and offered extra assitstance without having to be asked ( like: do you need directions this morning?)
We were fortunate enough to meet a very well known stars brother. We were going to sit by him while awaiting our car one morning, and like any southern gentelman, my husband asked the gentelman if he minded that we sit. That common courtesy struck-up a conversation and we were really blessed by his kind words to us that day. I have not mentioned his name out of respect for his privacy .... but kind sir, if you find this note about you and do not mind, I would definately tell the world who this kind soul is.
Thank you Trump International for the time of my life!

Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple

Dear valued Guest:

I'm pleased to read that you considered your stay with us "an experience like no other." The Trump Hotel Collection offers experiences like this in all of our Hotels. From NY, Soho, Chicago, Waikiki to Las Vegas, we have taken the luxury and class that Mr. Trump is known for and used that as a model for the hotels. Please know how appreciative we are of your business. We hope to serve you again for years to come!

Reviewed 30 July 2010

You will find better value for the money at this Hotel! It's immaculate, the pool is awesome, and the restaurant has really good food! The girls in the spa really know how to give a great massage! We aren't smokers, so it was nice to stay in a hotel without a casino and have clean air and quiet rooms. Our corner room had a view from both the master bedroom and the master bathroom of the strip and the mountains and was incredible! Imagine relaxing in your jacuzzi tub, drinking champagne, and looking out on the strip? Amazing!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple

Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share with us your experiences during your most recent stay at our Hotel. I'm pleased to read that your experience was "amazing" and that the Hotel, it's amenities and our associates were able to allow for you to enjoy yourself. We appreciate your posting and hope to be able to serve you again in the near future.