“no disappointments, no regrets... a wonderful stay when in LV”

Ranked #16 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“no disappointments, no regrets... a wonderful stay when in LV”
Reviewed 6 August 2010

Some may find it pricey, particularly with regard to fees and taxes, but the staff and amenities more than make up for it. Will be back for a week June 2011

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, 13 August 2010
Dear valued Guest:

It is great to able to read these comments concerning "how great the staff is." Your business is very valuable to us and I hope that was evident in our service to you. Thank you for your comments and we'll see you again.

Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,686)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2010

These days we all have to conserve. We were attending a family wedding, so this trip was not the kind of trip that we would have taken otherwise. That said, I chose this hotel because of the quality and the cost. It really is the best deal on the strip. However, when we checked in, they wanted a $100 hold per day per room for incidentals. This meant a $600 dollar hold on my funds. In hindsight, there is no need for $100 a day as there is no mini bar in the room. Not sure why they needed such a large hold. Do they think I'm going to haul off the mattress through the lobby?

After going back and forth and clogging up the line, I was finally allowed a $100 dollar hold. I didn't know at the time, but they bumped it up secretly to $300 without telling me. Somehow "an error"! Since I brought cash for expenditures so as to keep a budget, I didn't know until my account was overdrafted.

They fixed the error, but just keep in mind the policy. I think a lot of people book this hotel for the cost, so it may be an issue. I feel strongly that the hotel is worth the money. The room is beautiful. Lobby looks cheesy with the 1980 decor, but I found out the gold exterior was in fact 14 karat gold. This interferes with radio waves, so for business travel, this is not the hotel. Oh, the food voucher that they offer for $25 only works for lunch or dinner. Would have loved to present it for breakfast obviously.

The pool is very nice. I really loved it. The bed is wonderful. The staff was also very nice. Even with my issue, the hotel is a big win.

Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Julzie1
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for your comments. We do hold a certain amount of funds for incidentals on your credit or debit card. This practice is used by all hotels and is customary to the industry. Should you not have any room charges during your stay, the amount is simply returned to your card upon departure. I hope that we will have a chance to serve you again.

NYC
Reviewed 3 August 2010

I've stayed in Trump New York and Trump Chicago (one of my favorite hotels in the US) so I chose Trump Las Vegas for a recent business trip -- it was a bad call. The property is not up to par with its sister properties. What I enjoy and require most at Trump are the amenities that come with a studio-type or suite room, the actual fridge, dishes, dishwasher, sink and cooktop -- these are perfect for entertaining guests or colleagues. In Las Vegas, you have 2 small plates and 2 glasses, that's it. I thought it was just an oversight, so I called down for additional glasses -- beer glasses, wine glasses, cocktail glasses, but they only brought up 2 additional water glasses that you would find in the bathroom. They also seem to skimp on the little details, robes and slippers, extra towels in the bathroom, etc. I'll go back to the Four Seasons in Las Vegas while on business and let our Travel department know the experience... even the Bellagio beats the Trump, hands down. Oh, I also sent my feedback to the Trump Attache, who is there solely to assist clients -- not even a response.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank peking2010
Dear valued Guests:

Thank you for your posting and for letting us know your feelings toward our property. We are proud of our sister properties and the reputation that they have attained for their service and luxury. I am confident that we can provide you with a flawless experience should we be given another chance to serve you. I hope that you will allow us to do so.

vancouver, BC
Reviewed 2 August 2010

this is our first time staying at the trump las vegas and initially we hesitated because of the mixed reviews i had read on trip advisor so i thought i give it a try first hand. Well, trump absolutely did NOT disappoint ! we have stayed in many 5 star resorts around the world and trump is truly exceptional in the room decor which is very tastefully decorated and the service by housekeeping and front desk are fantastic.

i presume some of the mixed reviews come from people who were expecting something else quite different. imho, if you are like me, in the 50s, wanting a property that exudes quiet elegance, upscale living, extensive fitness room, exceptionally efficient service, smoke-free environment, no casino, then trump las vegas is THE place for you. however, if you are in your early 20s and expecting rowdy atmosphere by the pool and loud partying with drinking and getting drunk and abnoxious then trump is NOT the place for you.

we were lucky enough to get a corner premium corner suite on the 58th floor and the view is to die for ! at night, when i am in the bath tub, i can see all the neon lights right outside because the window beside the bathtub is huge.
the full kitchen is great...sub zero fridge, wolf stove and oven, bosch dishwasher and microwave and dishes and pots were all brought up so quickly for us. in our unit is 2 full bathrooms and the handy kitchen where venetian has no kitchen and only 1 bathroom. the size of the master bathroom is huge ! it even has a plasma tv built into the mirror.

i was anxious about the elevator accelerating and decelerating too strongly but it absolutely did NOT do that. i have vertigo and i had absolutely no problems with the elevators. they were efficient and not shaky at all.

others have also complained about the location being far away from everything, but they have a complimentary shuttle that brings you to the strip every 15 mins and if you have your own car, the trump location was no probs at all. it is directly a hopscotch from the fashion show mall , nordstroms, and across the street from encore/wynn. we really
liked the trump location.

in conclusion, if you want to try out the trump but you have hesitations like i did, let me reassure you that you will not be sorry. trump is definitely a very upscale property that exudes grandiose and luxury with quiet elegance. we know we will be back to the trump on our next visit to vegas. we love our corner suite very much.

thank you trump las vegas for offering us such excellent accomodations/amenities.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank cliu
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share with us your experiences during your most recent stay. I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed your experiences with us. Please consider yourself officially welcomed back as it would be our true pleasure to serve you again.

Peoria, AZ
Reviewed 2 August 2010

After considering other hotels and reading different reviews, I was going to stay elsewhere as we were on a budget. I don't even remember how I ran across the Trump International Hotel Las Vegas but there was a special of $96 a night and we were staying 2 nights so we took it. I was so glad that we did. I spent about $25 more than the other 2 places that I was considering but after coming home, I realized that I made the right decision. I have to say first of all, we try to go the cheap route when coming to Vegas, staying at places like the travel-inn or travel lodge, super 8 and so-on, so the opportunity came about to have a little bit of luxury for not much more so we went for it.
Let me start with things that I didn't like about this hotel (which isn't much) just to get them out of the way.
Dislikes: There is a train that runs fairly close to the hotel that whistles very loudly at all hours of the night. (other reviews have stated that as well but you get used to it and pretty soon it doesn't bother you.)
For security reasons, there are outer-doors that you have to use your key to open up and then your room door and the next door is inside of a foyer and it becomes very loud and slamming of door sounds when people are coming and going. That can get annoying when it is late at night and you are trying to sleep.
There is a resort fee of $14 that you have to pay for each day you stay, and I think that if you use the pool, spa, and so-on, then yes, you should be charged, but if you don't use these services, you shouldn't be charged and should have a choice.

So if those are the dislikes, then this hotel is still within the 5 star calibur for me.
I stayed in room 5500 on the 55th floor in a studio with a strip view and these are the likes about my stay:
As mentioned in other reveiws, there are certain ammenities that are here and not at other hotels that I stayed at: TV in the bathroom mirror, jaccuzzi bathtub, giant tv in the sitting area, king size bed (with the most comfortable mattresses and bed linins that were so crisp and clean, I never wanted to leave the bed), plenty of sitting area (with a couch and 3 chairs), the full kitchenette (complete with toaster, microwave, stove-burners, mini fridge, blender, utensils, and cookware), hair dryer, separate shower and toilet room, bathroom scale (just in case you want to weigh yourself while on vacation?), robes to use, iron and ironing board, lots of closet space and drawer space, free newspaper and the most amazing view of the strip looking towards treasure island all the way to Mandalay bay.
The staff was incredably helpful and went out of their way to make sure that all our needs were met and were available for anything at anytime. They truly went above and beyond for us and I felt like I was an important guest. In other reviews I saw that people hated the fact that there were staff members waiting by the elevators and checking keys and I felt that it just helps to make sure only hotel guests get on the elevators and it wasn't a bother for us to get our keys out, as we needed to get them out to enter the room anyway. We ended up stuck at the excalibur hotel and didn't want to spend a fortune getting back to our hotel so we called the bell desk to ask what we could do that was cheap and they said, no problem, and sent a car to pick us up. No charge whatsoever. (We did tip the guy, but that was much cheaper and faster than any other means of transportation). That is what you call number one A+ service.
It is across the street from the Encore and Wynn and next to the fashion show mall so not exactly on the strip but you have about a 2 minute walk (the width of 1/2 of the mall) to get to las vegas blvd. On some of the other reviews, people talked about how far it was from the strip and was not very convenient, I think that is because some people are lazy and probably should walk if they are going to complain about 120 seconds of walking. I think that the location is more towards the middle of the action, very centrally located.
Overall, I was very pleased with the level of value, luxury, friendliness of staff, ease of checking in and out, comfort level of the rooms, and location of this hotel. I am telling all of my friends about my stay and will aways stay here while in Vegas and hopefully get the same room as I was completely satisfied with my stay.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, 28 October 2010
Dear valued Guest:

I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that this will now be your hotel of choice when coming to Las Vegas. We look forward to serving you again and I'd like to thank you for your posting.

Long Beach, California
Reviewed 2 August 2010

Sooooo nice, we didn't want to go out. Bathroom is amazing, with hot tub next to the window and tv in the mirror. You have shuttle service to the strip. Full kitchen with appliances, great view, bed do comfortable... We are coming back soon!!! Thank you Trump Hotel!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for your kind words concerning your experience. We enjoyed serving you and hope to have many more opportunities to do so.

Aldershot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2010

We were extremly impressed with the Trump. The hotel reception is exquisite and had the most wonderful smell piped through all day long. The whole hotel has a very high quality feel to it. We stayed 3 nights and booked a City View Suite, and that is exactly what we got. Fabulous room. Very large. The most comfortable bed i have ever slept in. Lovely kitchen area and seating area with large windows with a view of the city. Huge bathroom with a whirlpool bath, seperate shower and toilet. The hotel pool was very good also. A very welcome place to go to cool off. Hotel staff extremely helpful and polite. The Trump is very different to the other hotels on the strip and this is what we liked the most. It was so nice to be able to get away from the wonderful madness that is Las Vegas for a short time. We liked that it was slightly away from the strip and that it was also non smoking. Just across the road was the Fashion Show Mall so it was very easy to cross the road to the Mall entrance and get onto the strip that way. We did not eat in the resturants, only had some drinks and snacks by the pool which were reasonably priced. We would stay here again but perhaps get a room with a view of the Strip.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, 14 August 2010
Dear valued Guest:

I have received innumerable compliments about our hotel not having gaming and being smoke free. We are pleased to provide an alternative to the Las Vegas traveler who wants to come for it's myriad of entertainment options, even if gaming is not one of them. We hope to be able to serve you again in the near future.