“Extensive selection of food”

Carnival World & Seafood Buffet
Ranked #1,403 of 5,276 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Price range: US$31 - US$54
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Buffet
Neighbourhood: Paradise
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We purchased a groupon deal and visited this buffet on our recent trip to Vegas. We went around 6pm and there was no line to get in. We were impressed with the length of the buffet as well as the variety of cuisine showcased (italian, mexican, chinese and soul food). I went starving and ready to eat, but still could not sample everything. Most of what I tried was on point. The food was fresh and tasty, and the dessert cupcakes were good. The gelato was not as smooth as I thought it should be. The service was good and efficient. The ability to have your soup freshly made and the hibachi station were great (with no lines). I would revisit if I had a similar or better deal. However, I absolutely would not pay full price for this buffet. After reading mixed reviews I was nervous. However I am so glad I opted to give this place a try. I do recommend a visit to the Rio Carnival World Buffet.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,994)

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We ate here for lunch and dinner buffets. They have an extensive and varied selection of food choices, so don't settle for the first items you see. My family liked the fact that there were lots of nationalities (Mexican, Chinese, Italian, etc) to choose from. We didn't have to wait in long lines either. Overall, we liked it the best of several buffets in Las Vegas that we tried.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Went to this buffet after a long conference, there are TONS of food options, all which are replaced and refreshed on a frequent basis. The problem that kept me from really enjoying myself is the mediocre food quality. I would have preferred to have taken my $30 elsewhere and just ordered something off a menu which was higher quality. The Buffet is quite busy so be prepared to wait in line outside if you show up at a peak time, you have to pay prior to entering the restaurant.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We five adults arrived at 5:30 pm on 8-9-14 for the buffet. It was promoted as one of the "Best Buffets in Las Vegas." Our first impression was that the dining area needed to be vacuumed. You'd think that by 5 pm they would have cleaned up from the lunch rush. The various food stations were filled and clean but every item we sampled was overcooked and dried out from having sat out for a long time. I could not cut into a Chinese dumpling it was so hard. The price per person was the same as most other dinner buffets but it was so disappointing. No one went back for seconds.

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

This place sure has a lot of food. $10 bottles of wine. Oh yeah and lots of food. But it's so depressing. I'm looking around right now and nobody looks happy to be here. Is it the bland decor? Uninspiring food? Or seeing people stuff themselves even though they look sad to be here. All American grill next door looks much better. Wish we ate there. I hope Penn and Teller cheer me up.