“Everything is in One Place”

Carnival World & Seafood Buffet
Ranked #668 of 4,794 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, After-hours, Buffet, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Paradise
Irving, Texas
“Everything is in One Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

This is one buffet that it is easy to over fill your plate, and still have not tried everything that is on the serving line. The quality of the food runs A to B-, but nothing stays on the buffet line for long. I do not have enough time to describe every item, but I can try to do the areas of interest. Starting at the East end there is a salad bar, then coming to home cooked food such as potatoes, Mac and Cheese, hot dogs, hamburgers, fried and grilled chicken, things for kids (small biscuits). Then you start getting into different areas such Chinese Food, Mexican Food, a Bar, then more American food, Bar B Q, corn on the cob, the Cutting Station with Prime-Rib, ham, turkey, and some other meat. After that one starts getting into the fish and seafood such as crabs and shrimp, etc. As the end gets closer, one will see Italian foods, pizza, and more breads. The desserts are in a different area across from the Cutting Station. The desserts are fair with a good variety of RIO's own made Gelato (ice cream) favors. Usually, coconut and banana pie, chocolate cake, and mixed cookies. I have never seen anybody leave the buffer still hungry. The buffet opens at 11 am and at that time they will fix omelets for you down by the seafood and Italian Sections. Also, the price is less if one eats earlier in the day. There is also a 24 hour buffet deal.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Good value, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Considering that a lot of the buffets in Las Vegas are pretty pricey, the Carnival World Buffet at the Rio Hotel gives you a fairly good price for some good, very tasty food! Plus, if you're a local, just show your players card and you get 25% off!
When it comes to food choices, they offer from Medittereanean, Italian, American, Chinese, Mexican, Mongolian, Japanese. The array of choices are not that hugely plenty compared to the other mogul hotels in LV but the taste is very good. Most buffets have a time frame for breakfast, lunch and dinner. For example, some do not accept customers at 3pm since they are already preparing for dinner; they are just letting the customers who paid for lunch finish and wait for them to leave. This is not how it is at the Carnival. When we went there, it was just about an hour beofre dinner but they still let us in, paying the price for lunch. We were expecting the place to hold customers for dinner until the lunch paying diners left. But no! We were so surprised (as were other diners) that they were already serving dinner specialties and we were still allowed to be there! We asked our server if we had to leave but he kindly said no and we can stay (much to our surprise as were so used to what other buffets were doing; but then please do not 'abuse' this by having the habit of going there before cutoff.)
When you eat at this buffet, do not miss their steaks - so heavenly tender and very tasty! They serve seafood during dinner. They have bar so you can order cocktail drinks! Wide array of desserts (biscottis, specially the chocolate is wonderful! one of their fast-moving). The gelatos is a must try; not as perfectly smooth as in Italy but sure close enough!
Overall, very good food for the price! Must try!

Montreal
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lots of choices, poor quality”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

If this is the best buffet in Vegas, I would hate to see the worst! The selection this buffet has is extensive, I was actually surprised how many options there were to choose from, but the flipside of this was the quality. There were a few items I picked up that I didn't even bother to finish. The Gelato dessert was the worst part, too sweet and soft. Although I didn't have a horrible time (and my kids really seemed to like it) I would have preferred to spend my $30 to go to a non-buffet restaurant and get better quality food.

Anaheim, California
“Plenty of food but lacks quality”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

On our last day in Vegas we decided to hit the buffet. We had a long drive and what better way to fill up for a road trip. Unfortunate we overspent for eating your typical Hometown buffet food. My husband was the only one who ate the craw fish and shrimp. Pho soup was disappointing, one of the things my daughter and I were looking forward too. Roast beef was fatty and chewy.

One good set up was desert. Their gelato was yummy!

• Visited August 2014
“Extensive selection of food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

We purchased a groupon deal and visited this buffet on our recent trip to Vegas. We went around 6pm and there was no line to get in. We were impressed with the length of the buffet as well as the variety of cuisine showcased (italian, mexican, chinese and soul food). I went starving and ready to eat, but still could not sample everything. Most of what I tried was on point. The food was fresh and tasty, and the dessert cupcakes were good. The gelato was not as smooth as I thought it should be. The service was good and efficient. The ability to have your soup freshly made and the hibachi station were great (with no lines). I would revisit if I had a similar or better deal. However, I absolutely would not pay full price for this buffet. After reading mixed reviews I was nervous. However I am so glad I opted to give this place a try. I do recommend a visit to the Rio Carnival World Buffet.