“Make sure you are OK with heights”
Review of Stratosphere Tower

and up
Deluxe Las Vegas Helicopter Night Flight with VIP Transportation
Ranked #17 of 452 things to do in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: Sitting atop the Stratosphere Tower Hotel and Casino, this is the tallest free-standing observation tower in the U.S. and is encircled by two exciting roller coasters.
Brisbane, Australia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Make sure you are OK with heights”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Huge adrenaline rush! The height of the tower the limited chain wire fencing and rides that go off the edge make for a great thrill, especially at night. If you are terrified of heights this one may be best avoided.

Visited April 2014

• Turkish first
Strasbourg, France
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“great views, fun attraction”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The views from the top of the building are great and the attraction is super scary but amazing. There is also a bungee jump you can do but that was too much for me. The casino at the base is less glamorous than other Vegas casinos and is slightly more run down but nice nonetheless. The tower is a must mainly for the views.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Robertitoam
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Average rides but great view”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

The stratosphere is right at the end of the Las Vegas strip (north). I visited this hotel to see the view and to ride the famous rides that everyone always goes on about.

The positive. The view from the top is awesome and definitely worth the visit. Also for Las Vegas the visit to the top and the rides are very reasonable.

The negatives. It is a far walk to visit the stratosphere. My wife and I were staying at the Aria and decided to walk it there. Be warned this is a far walk and is difficult in the intense heat. Also the hotel is not located in a nice part of the strip. Whilst walking we were approached several times by shady characters asking if we wanted to buy drugs or if we could give them some cash.

The second negative was that the rides are just ok. They are not what I call thrill rides and in fact I can say the roller coaster and New York New York is more of an adrenaline rush. This was the major disappointment as I was really looking forward to some fast paced adrenaline rides.

My advices would be to take a taxi to the stratosphere if you are further than the Wynn. I would recommend the visit to the top for the view but don't bother with the rides as they are over hyped.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Bb00ssb
Anaheim, California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Wow..Just Wow”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I walked from Harrah's in 106° heat..I know, nuts. I got my ticket and up I went. I was a little disappointed they don't recommend the "rides" for people with a bad back, but when I watched them, not so much. They were very short in duration. Just being up that high though, with those amazing views, was almost worth the admission. $20 for an elevator ride? OK, sure..

1 Thank Photoguy505
The Hague, The Netherlands
563 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 715 helpful votes
“Faded glory but still cool”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The Stratosphere Casino and Hotel is clearly somewhate faded glory relative to the big glossy hotels on the strip, but the Tower is still fabulous and the attractions at the top are unique. Great views of the strip and the rest of Vegas, and sufficient challenge for the thrillseeker within us.

Parking is free in a big garage as in the rest of Vegas.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Hermes_NL

Been to Stratosphere Tower? Share your experiences!